Mighty Spurs v Naaridge City 26/12/15 - 15-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

of course not mate. Joe's a good poster but the campaign of hatred towards Americans is tedious.
We all support the same club, does not matter where you come from: All this territorial crap is redundant in the global scheme of things!

Haha only just realised that Lamela tried another rabona. Cheeky boy..:lameladisgust:
i thought it was just me who never realises he has done the rabona.
its only afterwards when the commentator points it out & they show a slow motion replay that i realise what he has done.

I was at the game yesterday and sang along with everyone else in the park lane, am I that much less of a fan than you because I'm American?
No, I think you're great. All of you. And you're a bigger fan than me. (Not that that's important mind you.) The Park Lane was quiet, that doesn't matter either. Rock on. Read the match thread. Loads of yanks moaning that the yanks were quiet. I'm not really sure what you mean TBH. I'm glad you had a good time. It's great really. Really great.

R.I.P. WHL.

of course not mate. Joe's a good poster but the campaign of hatred towards Americans is tedious.
Thanks for the kind words, but I don't hate Americans. I think tourists spoil the atmosphere. There's a difference. What's your call on the shit atmosphere at most home games? If I'm allowed a platform to bang on about this, I'm gonna call it like I see it. Every part of of the ground is now neutered - people turning up and expecting the atmosphere to come with the ticket price. Come on, we all know it's crap.

Thanks for the kind words, but I don't hate Americans. I think tourists spoil the atmosphere. There's a difference. What's your call on the shit atmosphere at most home games? If I'm allowed a platform to bang on about this, I'm gonna call it like I see it. Every part of of the ground is now neutered - people turning up and expecting the atmosphere to come with the ticket price. Come on, we all know it's crap.

I agree the atmosphere is increasingly diluted. The causes include tourists but, just as much, include English people.

In Park Lane when the atmosphere isn't good, I see mostly English people around me.

I tend to agree with what you're saying about people who turn up expecting an atmosphere, but not contributing to it.

But I think the anti-American outbursts on here are misguided. There is a difference between tourists who don't contribute to atmosphere, and the fans on this forum who happen to be American. I'm sure the majority of them are properly into their Spurs. Not to say some won't be fairweather, but have a go at that, instead of their nationality.

So - imho - your anti-American posts on here tend to express anger at the wrong people. Someone like TDub comes across as knowledgeable about football, a proper Tottenham supporter.

The days of English football being played by, and in front of, English people only, are long gone. And they aren't coming back.

The club should do what it can to support the fans who want to congregate in the same area and make the atmosphere that the club profits from. But the club has, up to now, done nothing to support that section of the fanbase. Instead they seem to actively suppress it. So I doubt the empty words about ensuring an amazing atmosphere in the new stadium will be substantiated with action.

I agree the atmosphere is increasingly diluted. The causes include tourists but, just as much, include English people.

In Park Lane when the atmosphere isn't good, I see mostly English people around me.

I tend to agree with what you're saying about people who turn up expecting an atmosphere, but not contributing to it.

But I think the anti-American outbursts on here are misguided. There is a difference between tourists who don't contribute to atmosphere, and the fans on this forum who happen to be American. I'm sure the majority of them are properly into their Spurs. Not to say some won't be fairweather, but have a go at that, instead of their nationality.

So - imho - your anti-American posts on here tend to express anger at the wrong people. Someone like TDub comes across as knowledgeable about football, a proper Tottenham supporter.

The days of English football being played by, and in front of, English people only, are long gone. And they aren't coming back.

The club should do what it can to support the fans who want to congregate in the same area and make the atmosphere that the club profits from. But the club has, up to now, done nothing to support that section of the fanbase. Instead they seem to actively suppress it. So I doubt the empty words about ensuring an amazing atmosphere in the new stadium will be substantiated with action.

I like TDub TDub , I'm not anti American. I like the majority of TFC's American posters. I think I have a good rapport with most of them, but there are a couple that grate with me. I admit I go on about it too much, and I will tone it down in future.

I'm not sharing the title with any cunt on here. It's mine, don't ya hear it's MINE.

What about old Mockers Mockers that thinks it's madness? Don't get these blokes TBH. Ah well, they'll join in when we win it.

The only thing as enjoyable as Spurs relentless ascent of the League is the naysayers' reactions to it, to whit:

I knew it was was going to to happen really.
It's not really happening, you're all deluded cunts, so there.
It will all go catastrophically wrong, which will make me correct (please God, make it happen!).
Silence. (My personal favourite).

The only thing as enjoyable as Spurs relentless ascent of the League is the naysayers' reactions to it, to whit:

I knew it was was going to to happen really.
It's not really happening, you're all deluded cunts, so there.
It will all go catastrophically wrong, which will make me correct (please God, make it happen!).
Silence. (My personal favourite).
Yep. It's odd how the very moaniest cunts resort to grudging silence when things start to go right.
:dawsonmean::avbmad:

What am I supposed to think is madness??

I think talk of winning the league is a bit premature. It's not impossible of course but it's more than incredibly unlikely.

I don't know why you think "more than incredibly unlikely". GD? Goals conceded? No other team really showing? It all seems a bit drenched in history, rather than a cool, analytical look at things. Anyway, now is not the time. Happy New Year to you and yours mate.

Back
Top Bottom