Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That header against the chavs is still one of my favorite Spurs moments. Even though it was time, it still sucks and I hate to see him go. Gave it his all every single game and was the consummate professional. Good luck Daws!

Here to show my appreciation to Dawson. Thanks for the memories. You will be remembered by me as a great defender who always gave his all and bled for the club. Also impressed with the manager for not attempting to make Daws play the high line and realising straight away he won't fit. It's great that he can leave with his head held high instead of potentially a season where he gets really exposed.
That's what I thought too.

Treating people wit a little bloody dignity often doesn't cost much.

That header against the chavs is still one of my favorite Spurs moments. Even though it was time, it still sucks and I hate to see him go. Gave it his all every single game and was the consummate professional. Good luck Daws!

Yep, absolutely loved it how he had to check twice it actually went in. :dawsonlol:

Edit. Oh my, that smiley was already in the old Spurs section...

There can be no question that the final couple of seasons weren't his best but his lack of pace was hardly a revelation, and playing him in a high line, more so against players like Suarez and Aguero, was a little like asking a bulldog to herd antelope....a foolish endeavour.

He really ought to be remembered in a Spurs shirt winning towering headers, thundering tackles, and for playing a massive smile on his face.

He will score against Woolwich this season.

0005969_tottenham-hotspur-1900s-away.jpg

Whenever I see him playing for Hull I'm just going to imagine he's playing for our 1900's team.

As much as I had wanted him out over the past few weeks, I'm still sad to see him go. A true fighter for the club and played with a passion and a bleeding heart. It would've been nice if he retired the same time we didn't need him anymore, but unfortunately, not so. All the best to him at Hull and hopefully he does get a testimonial at the Lane.

It's a sad day but he deserves game time which he will get a Hull, a good fit for him.

Does anyone know the actual fee we received for him then?

Isn't it sad that some people can't stop finding a final condemnatory comment about the guy? Its as if they feel vindicated that he's been transferred away.
Loved the guys attitude, loved his passion and his commitment was an inspiration to team mates and fans alike.
We need to find another like him, to keep the Mckay, Roberts, Mabbut, King and Dawson spirit alive at the club.

Back
Top Bottom