Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is it really doesn't matter any more. Pre internet it was frustrating because if the press didn't cover you then you didn't hear much about your club unless you bought a programme or (showing my age here) called the spurs hotline.
telephone-yellow.gif

...and now, the nearest image of it online is a yellow telephone! it's THAT old, it doesn't even exist on the internet!

Not really sure what all this angst is about to be quite honest

Most of the media traffic centres around success and glamour - so in the football world that is the moneybags crowd (Citeh/CFC/Manure) and the next tier of established clubs with a history of success and henceforth large supporter base - Woolwich and Liverpool.
We are down on the next rung of the ladder, and henceforth get the airtime and press coverage that you would expect. Back in the 80's we were at the top of the tree and were in the papers all the time.

Now we just get articles about who we are selling off/hanging on to, or about who we have just failed to buy on the last day of any given transfer window.

Just accept the fact that we are not top drawer and therefore not sky 4 - as Joe says, its probably better that way.

What is he... just... what?

I'm pretty damn positive that idiot doesn't know what he's about to say until the words are spilling out of his mouth like some kind of verbal regurgitation of whatever stimuli he happened to witness that morning...

Tottenham... uh... points... top of the league... even for me... derp

No, we shouldn't be, simply because we aren't.

Not good enough to beat Stoke or Swansea or Liverpool or Leicester.

Unlucky we didn't get a draw instead of a loss against United.

I think we're gonna have to write this week off in regards of ANY media coverage (not counting Merson's drunken ramblings of gushing positivity!!)
Its CL week, and obviously we're not involved... and even come Thursday there's the small matter of Jurgen Messiah's first home game... KOP HAILS KLOPP is gonna eclipse any coverage of any other team for the next week or so...
I expect our game to be shoehorned somewhere between the Syncronised Swimming results and the weather!

...and there was me hoping it was gonna be all '1984' references this week... they'll probably wheel out Graham Roberts and be done with it!

(Bump....)

Media favouritism or what? According to Observer, EVERY Man Utd FA Cup game (including replays) has been televised in an unbroken run stretching back to 2005. They have just hit an unbroken sequence of 50 games televised. I know money talks, but that is just amazing....

We are 2nd in the League and this is Sky!
C4TyE_lWIAAT0nJ.jpg:large
I'd get annoyed by this, but I'm actually pretty happy that they are this blatant and indefensibly shit at covering us fairly. When anyone suggests that we're just imagining the bias, and that fans of any team think the same, kindly point them in the direction of this screenshot.

I mean fuck - how could anyone justify the omission of Poch in that image? There's even a space where you could fit him in.
:pochshock:

Sky Sports working overtime to come up with garbage statistics.

duPPQJl.png

Honestly, garbage like this makes me angrier. But apparently I'm not allowed to argue with it.

Let's just stay under the radar, until we BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER, AND THEY'LL SAY NO ONE SAW IT COMING!

suits me fucking fine!

COYS!

What annoyed me tonight was Lloris made a couple of great saves to keep it at 2-0 then at half time on BT sport they described Mignolets in my opinion routine save at the near post from Son as "world class" I mean FFS

Back
Top Bottom