Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most pathetic thing i've seen from that is Bleacher Report who have decided to drag up a 3 month old tweet from some shit sports website i'd never heard of saying how he's "wasted at Tottenham" and should be at a club aiming for trophies. What? As opposed to being in 3 cups and a shout of top 4 with Spurs?

I know right. And the captain of this club too. Usually GKs never get to be captain

Sky Sports this morning - top sports story -

Gerrard sings Rodgers' praises

I believe England beat Wales last night in the 6 Nations, and I think it's the North London Derby today?

Utter cunts.

At the moment, we don't fit into the Sky/Top 4 media-led agenda...
...but just wait until we're providing half of the England team, and are regularly 'eating at the CL table' in our new 60k Stadium... then things'll change!!!

They never gave a flying fuck about F1 until they got the rights to it then suddenly it was given full coverage from pre-season testing onwards.

Same goes for NFL, they plug the shit out of that but never mention NHL or MLB, save a brief footnote on the bottom banners about who won the Stanley Cup or WS.

So we're the early game today @ home to Liverpool. Dare I check the Sky Sports News app to find us...

News Stories in order

1) Mourinho: I won't be axed
2) Van Gaal fires up Rooney
3) Joe Cole signs for Coventry (WTF!?)
4) Papers: Klopp bans wives
5) Protect Super Sanchez (yuk)
6) Theo seeks Woolwich consistency
7) Merson's predictions (LOL)
8) Transfer Centre LIVE (not even in a window)
9) Wilbraham double sinks Forest
10) Williams: Open PL more interesting
11) Wenger has belief in Walcott
12) Mourinho fine explained
13) 'Spurs style differs from Klopp'

13th...and we're playing LIVERPOOL at lunchtime.

Sure, it's on BT...but even for Sky that is pathetic.

On topic, can anyone recommend an app/website that they use for football related news that isn't geared solely towards clubs that are owned/managed/supported by cunts?

So Liverpool have a new manager?

They kept that quiet

That article despite it being an interview by our manager mentions klopp 9 times to 6 mentioning Poch

Last edited:
So Liverpool have a new manager?

They kept that quiet

That article despite it being an interview by our manager mentions klopp 9 times to 6 mentioning Poch
Poch is manager of the month, how many premier league matches has Klopp won ?
Why this fascination with a four eyed overbearing goose stepping German !
Because he fits the profile for Liverpool's next manager, more tears at Anfield to come.
But the media will continue to spin shit about this 'savior'.

TBF the media like interesting characters that give them a soundbite. I don't know if it is his shockingly bad English, or he deliberately tries to be boring, but Poch's interviews are about as interesting and informative as watching paint dry. But I guess, this is football. Let them talk about Klopp as we sneak up the table unnoticed

Fuck 'em not bothered about reading what some clueless cunt wants to say about my club, let them talk shite about everybody else instead...

Don't know what's worse, being totally ignored or putting up with biased reporting. We did get more media time when 'Arry was in charge, but that wasn't always positive,

TBF the media like interesting characters that give them a soundbite. I don't know if it is his shockingly bad English, or he deliberately tries to be boring, but Poch's interviews are about as interesting and informative as watching paint dry. But I guess, this is football. Let them talk about Klopp as we sneak up the table unnoticed
Every time his interview comes on, I think 'I'll try and concentrate on what he's saying', then I always end up thinking about what I'm having for dinner or something, they are so boring. But probably for the best!

In Sopranos Tony Soprano goes on about how he loves guys like Gary Cooper "the strong silent type" and gets sick of arrogant pricks shooting their mouth off and delivering nothing.

I like that, never say anything, get on with your business quietly and show up these Mercenaries, Oil Barron's and Charlatans for what they are!

COYS

You fellas are obsessed about not being obsessed. lol
Fuck off .
dumpser-diver-2-940x626.jpg

It honestly doesn't bother me. The press just jump on the biggest stories, l can't remember it being any different. When we're everyone's 2nd favourite team again, playing lovely football, they'll be back. They're fickle cunts, but you can't demand respect.

What funny is, we're desperately trying to endear ourselves (or at least win favour) from THE MEDIA... who are mostly JOUR-NA-LISTS... some of the most odious pricks around... why would we want them to 'like us'?
No ta, they're mostly Arse/West Ham/Liverpool fans anyway these days... gone are the days of Harry Harris putting us in a favourable light during the '80s (and that was in the Daily Mail, so it wasn't all good!)
I'd rather be hated by the media and win matches, than win favour with them and watch us fail miserably (then again, that's one of the most obvious sentences uttered on the Internet ever!)

Thing is it really doesn't matter any more. Pre internet it was frustrating because if the press didn't cover you then you didn't hear much about your club unless you bought a programme or (showing my age here) called the spurs hotline.

Nowadays you can get plenty of coverage on loads of spurs blogs, a number of which are way more informed and interesting than half the shite in the mainstream media.

The issue really is that as fans we like to see third parties appreciating and respecting the work being done at the club instead of wetting their panties every time an oil baron overspends on a transfer or that moaning chav cunt says something about a referee conspiracy.

It honestly doesn't bother me. The press just jump on the biggest stories, l can't remember it being any different. When we're everyone's 2nd favourite team again, playing lovely football, they'll be back. They're fickle cunts, but you can't demand respect.
The issue really is that as fans we like to see third parties appreciating and respecting the work being done at the club

I'm not asking to be the talking point every weekend and have journo's waxing lyrical about Poch, the stadium and the development of N17. We had the early game vs Liverpool, a club they love to love. Yet they couldn't even push the match preview into the top 15 stories of the day. It's not about being favoured or demanding respect - I just want to be able to read about the match without having to scroll down the app for a day and a half. I think it's just shit journalism. For Liverpool fans it was shit as well. Two fuckin Walcott interviews above our match story!? What the fuck.

I understand why it annoys people, it used to wind me up.

But nowadays I'd rather we stay under the radar to be honest. The tabloid press in this country are the fucking lowest of the low. They will build you up just so they can tear you down when the time is right and they need to sell some column inches.

We (mostly) know that we're playing good football this season. The players and the manager know we're playing good football this season. The pundits and journos that matter know we are playing good football this season.

I don't need Paul "Crack Head" Merson or Adrian "Ginger Cunt" Durham to tell me that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom