McGinn to the Lane?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm starting to think this McGinn guy doesn't actually exist... and is a 2016 incarnation of Diego 'The Sock'.
...maybe he'll be known as "The Kilt"???

With Neil Lennon being announced as the new Hibs manager. Does that mean an end to the pursuit of John McGinn? He would surely want to stay and give the Europa League and Scottish Championship one last go for glory?

:pocheyes::levylol: :pritchardeyes:

With Neil Lennon being announced as the new Hibs manager. Does that mean an end to the pursuit of John McGinn? He would surely want to stay and give the Europa League and Scottish Championship one last go for glory?

:pocheyes::levylol: :pritchardeyes:
I've seen a lot of Scottish football (a hazard of living up here!) and McGinn is just about good enough for a mid-table Scottish Premier side but miles off being a Spurs squad player never mind a 1st team pick.

He's an ugly motherfucker. We haven't had someone that ugly since Luka.

Luka grew up in war torn Yugoslavia.....a childhood smack habit in Glasgow will have a similar effect on your complexion...

Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

I can only assume you're his agent!

If Spurs do have a specific requirement for an average Scottish midfielder then I'll admit McGinn would probably be on the list of potential candidates for the role.
I'm familiar with that accusation.

McGinn is the standout young Scottish midfielder of the moment. Your opinion reeks of Protestant predilection, but that's ok.

Do they play duelling banjos much at Hibs. If not they should.

Think before you act Sausage.

No, ok, D buttons over there.
What the fuck are you on about?

I'm not around Easter Road much.

I lived just off it for about 4 months; must be ten years ago now. Top floor tenement flat. 2006 World Cup. I was pished every day. Either my zenith or nadir, depending on how you care to perceive it. I read books while sitting on the window ledge, legs dangling above the Leith street below. A city unwinding in that nocturnal half-light one can expect during a Scottish summer. Could never recall much plot - one of the things about drunken reading. Solzhenitsyn was a favourite at that time, I remember that much. Never owned a telly you see, so I watched the games in boozers and read in that one bedroom flat. Zidane added to his legend that year, as did Del Piero. I had a liaison with a German/Hungarian woman while her boyfriend fulfilled an ambition to travel in Argentina. We broke it off when I disappeared to Arizona for a wedding engagement. It was a splendid summer, all things considered.

I'm familiar with that accusation.

McGinn is the standout young Scottish midfielder of the moment. Your opinion reeks of Protestant predilection, but that's ok.
.....he's playing in the 2nd tier of a poor football league and half the time Dylan McGeouch is the star man in the Hibs midfield not him.........similar to Scott Allan last year. All decent players but, regardless of the order you rank them in, they'd struggle to get in many English Championship sides.

I'm not from the side of the country where religion would influence my footballing opinions (if I had a religion).

2013-2014 Was the influx of Americans
2016 has produced a plethora of Scots

Where have you all been hiding? Especially those with the range to use Zenith and Nadir in a sentence?

rab-c-nesbitt-chip-fight-o.gif

Back
Top Bottom