Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't say anything about English. I said it was lost in translation:

Spanish -> French -> English.

Here's what they said in that video, in less 'literal' translation:

One last question about French football. You say you always watch Ligue 1. Do you still watch PSG?

Yes, I still watch french football. I try to watch it as much as possible. Of course, PSG. You know that. My team is PSG, I like the PSG, I spent about 3 years there. I spent six months at Bordeaux too. I was captain of PSG, and that will always be special to me.

They will be playing Barcelona on Tuesday. Who will you be supporting?

Yes, yes, obviously I will support PSG! You know it will be a very good match. I would really like to go to Parc des Princes and see this game.

It's a nothing statement that has been dragged out of context to sound like he was gushing about them. Leading questions and bad translation.
Holy crap. Did they really interpret "I'd like to go to Paris to watch that match" as "Poch eyes return to France for PSG"?

:pocheyes:

Poch has a pass as far as I am concerned. He's earned enough credit to forgive the Liverpool disaster. I'd be gutted to see him leave anytime soon. And by no means am I am fan boy, I was highly skeptical after his first season, but I'd rather him there than not these days.

I think what has happened this year to cause a little fristration and performances like Saturday is to do with him and the coaches trying, rightly, to evolve our playing style so that we have more options. However, I think due to lack of personnel, because of injuries, we are struggling to play more than that one effective style, and especially away from home we look out of shape at time.

Last year we could attack both deep and wide, this year it's mainly been wide. Poch probably, with everyone healthy and on form, needs Dier back in midfield as a priority. The way he dove tails with Jan and Toby is vital to get the ball out effectively and through the middle, this is especially the case away from home. Dier and Toby eare highly effective with the long passes to get us up the field quickly and that is not happening at the moment, especially away from home. Wamyama does brilliant in breaking up play, but he is not as effective Dier in building the attacks. That's a problem that needs solving.

Additionally this year again it's been obvious that that black box of Mitchell's is clearly limited when it comes to success rate. it's hurt us badly this season. overall the club needs to sharpen up its scouting, which hopefully they will be doing soon. The poor recruitment Is not exclusively Poch's fault. From what the club tell us a committee decides who is signed. That seems wrong as the buck should stop with Poch, but clearly it does not and he does not appear to make much secret of whom he approves of and whom he does not.

Overall some of the recruitment, over the past three years has been abysmal. Some excellent buys have been dragged down by the lkes of Stambouli, Shitsoko, GKN, Jansen, n'jie, yedlin & Fazio, those being primary examples of pros who have contributed very little against the investment made.

And to focus just on the past summer Sissoko, GNK and Jansen have been absolutely pathetic so far. Jansen I get why they would do that deal and Poch picks him so must like him. But fucking hell them other two were expected to contribute something, not fuck all. It has hurt us with the squad options and a little criticism to Poch in being unable to get a tune out of them two broken pianos. But to just stand still you need all 3 of them players contributing. They have not done so, yet we are still on 50 points after 25 games. That is excellent all things considered.

One last thing. Lamela. Such an important part of how we play has been missing for getting on 4 months, for what on the face of it looks like a nothing injury. His absence hurts. Again especially in those games when you need to be a bit prickly, naughty and aggressive away. There is not enough there for the opposition to worry about at the moment. The sooner he is back the better.

Anyway, main point nothing is too bad at all overall, it just could be a bit better than Saturday !
Poch is also in the process of learning. Let's see how things progress in the coming seasons, everything is looking very bright imo

Indeed. If he actually said that in a press conference he'd be getting fired.

It'd be like telling your boss you're no good at your job and you never will be. You've either got some serious depression issues or you want your P45 for some reason.

Management is about decisions and if you get over 60% right your doing well.

Most of Poch decisions have been spot on but Sissoko goes down as clanger. On top wages will be hard to shift and obviously not suited to us. If he is given another 60 minutes then that will be perverse. Suck it up and find a way to offload.

Management is about decisions and if you get over 60% right your doing well.

Most of Poch decisions have been spot on but Sissoko goes down as clanger. On top wages will be hard to shift and obviously not suited to us. If he is given another 60 minutes then that will be perverse. Suck it up and find a way to offload.
Most of this comment is spot on. As much as I am sick of Sissoko, it was not a league game nor the FA Cup and to be fair our 3rd priority game. Think Poch has however learned his lesson now and anybody and I mean anybody including Janssen, CCV or even Vorm.. I would prefer over Sissoko if Lamela, N'Koudou or Son are not available for some reason.

I'm concerned that now Levy has a manager who getting us to challenge for the top 4 and see improvements in our play he is not having a go at Poch for the poor Transfers we had, Poch must have been the one that said yes to the transfers, Njie, Janseen,Sissoko, GKN, can't be trusted to get a spot in first 11, Poch has wasted £70m in transfers and another £10m in wages so far on these players, Yet its no ones fault, it doesn't matter,

Pochettino is a very good manager in my opinion. Much better than I thought he would be even after his first season with us.

He is proving that without question because in the main he is getting a group of players to consistently punch above their weight.

If he is as good as I would like to believe I think he needs to see the value of mavericks and also consider buying a player of proven quality who can just add their experience on the pitch. Toward the end of last season and a couple of times this season that need has been very clear and I think without it he and us will struggle to become winners.

The strange thing for me is that as an Argentinian he has two huge examples of what nuggets do to good teams. In recent times he must also have seen what Bale did for us.

That is about learning what the next steps are to take a team from being perennial challengers to winners.

That's just silly. Does a golfer not practise putting because it's impossible to recreate the pressure of the last hole at the Open? It's about visualisation and muscle memory.
Agreed, in that case i guess we shouldn't bother practicing corners and free kicks...................

It's easy to recreate the pressure of taking penalties on the training field.
"If you miss this, Harry, you have to go two rounds with the big fella".
2613458947.jpg

Back
Top Bottom