Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From Argentina: Telephone interview for Tottenham's Poch, he wants the job thinks family friend - Sportwitness

Think this is the source and nothing really surprising. Far more qualified candidates for the job than Poch right now who still has a lot to learn and prove.

Argentina currently being manager-less has led to several people being linked with the role, with most stories in Europe being about Diego Simeone, although that has to seem an unlikely scenario.

Argentine newspaper La Nacion reports that, after discussing candidates at a meeting, the AFA would like to speak face to face with Simeone and also Sevilla manager Jorge Sampaoli, although it’s stated there may not be the finances available to pay enough compensation to their clubs.

Therefore it may be curious that the next man mentioned is Mauriccio Pochettino, with the Tottenham manager apparently the target of some kind of telephone interview.

Whilst it’s got to be unlikely Spurs would even consider letting the manager go, it did remind us of an extensive feature on Pochettino earlier this year.

Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten sent a reporter all the way to the Argentine village Pochettino is from, and spoke to people including the local mayor and a family friend.

The friend, Norberto Oscar Caffa, better known as ‘Maco’, had heard rumours linking Pochettino with Real Madrid, and he thought the Tottenham manager would do well there, but said it’s not the job he’d most like.

When asked what Pochettino’s goal is, Maco explained: “I think he wants to lead the national team. I think so.”

Maybe this opportunity is too soon.
It seems to be a re-hash. The Norwegian article is several months old and the quotes regarding Real and National coaching is taken completly out of context. If I remember correctly the guy refered to is speculating heavely (Where will Poch be in 10 years?).

Lovely lazy internet journalism, 2+2=5.

The media in general have no preference for us what so ever, everyone must be leaving for other opportunities because Tottenham.

Joke, non story, his philosophy of football wouldn't work well with Argentina as he doesn't train them every week so can't build their fitness levels up significantly.

Maybe in afew years yes but not now.

Argentine newspaper La Nacion reports that, after discussing candidates at a meeting, the AFA would like to speak face to face with Simeone and also Sevilla manager Jorge Sampaoli, although it’s stated there may not be the finances available to pay enough compensation to their clubs.

Therefore it may be curious that the next man mentioned is Mauriccio Pochettino, with the Tottenham manager apparently the target of some kind of telephone interview.

:levystare::levywhoa::levylol:

From Argentina: Telephone interview for Tottenham's Poch, he wants the job thinks family friend - Sportwitness

Think this is the source and nothing really surprising. Far more qualified candidates for the job than Poch right now who still has a lot to learn and prove.

Argentina currently being manager-less has led to several people being linked with the role, with most stories in Europe being about Diego Simeone, although that has to seem an unlikely scenario.

Whilst it’s got to be unlikely Spurs would even consider letting the manager go, it did remind us of an extensive feature on Pochettino earlier this year.

Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten sent a reporter all the way to the Argentine village Pochettino is from, and spoke to people including the local mayor and a family friend.

The friend, Norberto Oscar Caffa, better known as ‘Maco’, had heard rumours linking Pochettino with Real Madrid, and he thought the Tottenham manager would do well there, but said it’s not the job he’d most like.

When asked what Pochettino’s goal is, Maco explained: “I think he wants to lead the national team. I think so.”

Maybe this opportunity is too soon.

Why don't they go for Roy Hodgson? No fee to pay, after all...oh, wait, Argentina don't appoint managers who have already proven they are inept.

I doubt Poch will go because he knows he can go in the future. He is in the middle of something and just signed a big new contract. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Sherwood for Argentina.

You 'eard it 'ere first.
Bl6FhLLCYAEsp_g.jpg

Would be a stupid career move at this point.

if I take my Spurs hat off, career-wise he would be best off doing well here, then getting one of the big jobs then going National later in his career.

The Argentina role is a poison chalice at the moment, would be less money and could knock his career off the rails

One for the dressing room wall. The media really love us.... :pochbye:

h5IZRGl.jpg

not bothered, already it's starting to up the expectation on those guys, will happily fly under the radar again and put some good performances in. What's funny is even if all those managers achieve one will be fifth and one will be sixth... that's possibly two managers looking for new clubs (except Claudio) if they are in the top eight they should be happy. If we jump in the mix that pushes one of them even further down... Could be Wenger time at the end of the season?

Ignore the first few mins.

Like the way he supports Eric and is the true ITK, says how it is with four players. Clinton is in his plans, Pritchard, Bentaleb and Fazio will be offski if clubs are found. Simple as that... Oh and he aint going anywhere :dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom