Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As great as it is to know Poch wants to build our squad with an English core, are there actually any English players we could sign this summer?

Aside from Berahino (and I don't think we'll go for him now), I can't really think of any! That Coventry lad maybe?

The Coventry lad went to Norwich in Jan. Which seemed like an odd move considering their precarious position in the league.

As great as it is to know Poch wants to build our squad with an English core, are there actually any English players we could sign this summer?

Aside from Berahino (and I don't think we'll go for him now), I can't really think of any! That Coventry lad maybe?
I'm not sure that will factor into a lot of our summer business as we already have our English core.

I'm not sure that will factor into a lot of our summer business as we already have our English core.

It might still. Poch has explained that he prefers an English core, as someone posted on the last page. But what he also said was that he prefers, when looking for players, to look first at our own academy, secondly in England and only as a last resort. The English core is important, but it's just as much about the fact the closer to home, we sign players from, the easier it'll be to integrate them into the core already in place.

According to SSN he's recently been on French Radio saying he would love a return to PSG as manager and Paris in general at some stage... Will there be a legacy still?

:pochsulk:

The very next day after we drop out of the title race, Poch goes on French radio to bat eyelids at PSG. Says it's always been a dream of his to manage Paris one day.

Sure, quotes can be interpreted any which way, but the timing to me is, frankly, worrying.

In the same interview he also trashed the french league stating it is uncompetitive and he only watch it to scout players.
He used to play for them, it is a club he has a connection with, he is no longer a player so any the obvious link would be as a manager. He is not going to offend a club he used to play for, have you heard Ginola talk badly of us or Newcastle for that matter? Ginola was asked a couple of years back would he like to manage Spurs he said yes, he isn't even a fucking manager. Every single interview that Bale gives by British media he is asked would he play in England again and his response (whatever it is) is then always spun as he is joining Utd.
Believe what you want to believe you small pennis people.

"The [French] championship is not very attractive because PSG is far from the other teams but I look a lot because it is a major source of players. There is talent so I have to follow Ligue 1."

Says to me he's not leaving.

Could one of the supposed media outlets correctly report what Pochettino said please. Everywhere I look today has Poch going to PSG.

FFS none have correctly quoted him and using a snippet of what he said about 'dreaming' and 'maybe one day' going back to coach a team he played for.

Could one of the supposed media outlets correctly report what Pochettino said please. Everywhere I look today has Poch going to PSG.

FFS none have correctly quoted him and using a snippet of what he said about 'dreaming' and 'maybe one day' going back to coach a team he played for.

Why would they do that, sensationalism sells papers

Sky Sports reporting Poch has agreed a new 5 year deal.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom