Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-------------------Lloris--------------------
Trippier---Verts---Alderwereild---Rose
-----------Busquets---Bentaleb----------
Lamela----------Eriksen-----------Draxler
---------------------Kane----------------------
Of all the unrealistic things I've seen on here, everyone knows that Verts plays on the left side of the formation :adegrin2:

Frankly, I'm sick of people slagging off Chadli. His dad fucking died last season and he still did pretty damn well. Give him a break.
Seriously. People talked about how our wingers weren't scoring last year then Chadli goes and scores 11 in the league while assisting 5 and people still give him crap. Probably would've had 15 or so if he played the entire season and I can see him doing it this year.

In his first real top-tier season, Mason featured in 36 total games for us and was a bright spot for us for a good portion of the season, despite being played in what is not his best position.

Dembele was never given much of a chance but still has promise.

Chadli, although had a couple of rough patches, was our second highest goalscorer.

So, I'm not sure how those are particularly the names that make you cringe. We have far worse than that.

Mason - His quality is debateable, but he made that position his own when he first broke into the team. Agree we could probably do better going forward.

Dembele - Not sure how many more chances we can give him to try and to rediscover the form that led him to single handedly destroy Manchester Utd (for us and for Fulham) in his first season. A very frustrating player.

Chadli - Completely disagree. 11 goals, 5 assists and 41 chances created. Our most productive midfielder after Eriksen (who went missing about half way through the season and left Chadli and Kane to pull us over the line).

Those are better numbers than Stirling, Coutinho, Mata, Di Maria, Yaya Toure, Ramsey, Ozil, Milner, Sigurdsson.... i could go on. In fact numbers wise there are probably only about seven or eight midfielders in the league who had a "better" season.

Dembele is 28 on Thursday, and Poch is clearly fed up with his brainfarts.

The rise/emergence of Mason was not because he was destined for greatness, rather highlights how poor our recruitments have been over the last few seasons especially in CM position

Chadli stats flatters to deceive. QPR's Kevin Phillips is just behind Fabregas in numbers of assists and chances created in 2015, now is it fair to assume that he's one of the best playmakers in Europe?

They're all average to half decent and would make very good squad players. Would keep them(bar Dembele), but we desperately need to upgrade those positions if Tottenham Hotspur is to be taken serious as a force to be reckoned with, otherwise we are just a glorified Swansea.

The rise/emergence of Mason was not because he was destined for greatness, rather highlights how poor our recruitments have been over the last few seasons especially in CM position

Chadli stats flatters to deceive. QPR's Kevin Phillips is just behind Fabregas in numbers of assists and chances created in 2015, now is it fair to assume that he's one of the best playmakers in Europe?

They're all average to half decent and would make very good squad players. Would keep them(bar Dembele), but we desperately need to upgrade those positions if Tottenham Hotspur is to be taken serious as a force to be reckoned with, otherwise we are just a glorified Swansea.
If Chadli flatters to deceive then who precisely is better. The lad took a load of stick, and then turned in a season that made him a one of the 5 most productive guys in the league in his position. I am not really sure who you're suggesting is better, that we could go out and buy? Everyone better than him is worth around 40-50 million, it looks like.

Chaldi is a good player as far as scoring and is very technically good.

My criticism of him last season was in his pressing and General defensive work as well as sometimes his link play. Whenever we had Chaldi on the left and Townsend on the right it looked as though we had little idea of how to link as a team.

Lamela is frustrating but he presses well, we look more balanced when he is in the side. In terms of balance the best I saw last season IMO was Eriksen on the left, Dembele in the middle and Lamela on the right. But it's hard to leave out a
player like Chadli who picks up goals, whatever the case Eriksen does not look right playing in the centre, he looked far better slightly to the left.

Our attacking 3 affects our pressing and ability to link with Kane, therefore it causes us both defensive and attacking problems when not right. Hopefully we can make it work more consistently next season.

That's a good number of assists for a retired striker. :)

Chaldi is a good player as far as scoring and is very technically good.

My criticism of him last season was in his pressing and General defensive work as well as sometimes his link play. Whenever we had Chaldi on the left and Townsend on the right it looked as though we had little idea of how to link as a team.

Lamela is frustrating but he presses well, we look more balanced when he is in the side. In terms of balance the best I saw last season IMO was Eriksen on the left, Dembele in the middle and Lamela on the right. But it's hard to leave out a
player like Chadli who picks up goals, whatever the case Eriksen does not look right playing in the centre, he looked far better slightly to the left.

Our attacking 3 affects our pressing and ability to link with Kane, therefore it causes us both defensive and attacking problems when not right. Hopefully we can make it work more consistently next season.
I didn't feel Eriksen looked better on the left, I think it was the fact that with Dembele doing his thing as a forward destroyer, it solved the problem of Mason and Bentaleb in central midfield. Basically, eliminating the garbage fire that was our midfield made everything better. If you can do that without sacrificing the front four, we look absolutely magnificent.

FREUD FACT: Who was MVP last time we won at Old Trafford?
124044.gif

Same old song and dance. 3-0 utd..player sent off for us.....vorm in goal for us, with the announcement of lloris leaving for utd 4 or 5 hours after the game.

Whats the best way of getting to the stadium? as I am planning on getting a train from Euston to Manchester Piccadilly? then I think a tram service or something takes you to the stadium?

COYS

Back
Top Bottom