Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4-0 United After Extra Time

[formation="4231, Friedel, Naughton, Capoue, Chiriches, Ekotto, Paulinho, Stambouli, Lennon, Holtby, Townsend, Adebayor"][/formation]

Be good if we could have a really focused week in training building up to this one so that, for once, we are actually ready for the first couple of games of the campaign. Would hate to be pissing around in some pointless overseas tour, knackering the players and staff a couple of days before the start of the English season...

Be good if we could have a really focused week in training building up to this one so that, for once, we are actually ready for the first couple of games of the campaign. Would hate to be pissing around in some pointless overseas tour, knackering the players and staff a couple of days before the start of the English season...

Oh wait... :freund:

I cringe every time I read names such as Mason, Dembele and Chadli on the line up.
In his first real top-tier season, Mason featured in 36 total games for us and was a bright spot for us for a good portion of the season, despite being played in what is not his best position.

Dembele was never given much of a chance but still has promise.

Chadli, although had a couple of rough patches, was our second highest goalscorer.

So, I'm not sure how those are particularly the names that make you cringe. We have far worse than that.

Last edited:
I cringe every time I read names such as Mason, Dembele and Chadli on the line up.

Mason - His quality is debateable, but he made that position his own when he first broke into the team. Agree we could probably do better going forward.

Dembele - Not sure how many more chances we can give him to try and to rediscover the form that led him to single handedly destroy Manchester Utd (for us and for Fulham) in his first season. A very frustrating player.

Chadli - Completely disagree. 11 goals, 5 assists and 41 chances created. Our most productive midfielder after Eriksen (who went missing about half way through the season and left Chadli and Kane to pull us over the line).

Those are better numbers than Stirling, Coutinho, Mata, Di Maria, Yaya Toure, Ramsey, Ozil, Milner, Sigurdsson.... i could go on. In fact numbers wise there are probably only about seven or eight midfielders in the league who had a "better" season.

So we aren't playing that many friendlies before the new season? Ok, that's... different. :llorishuh:

1-1.
We'll have racked up 5 friendlies this summer as opposed to 6 last year and 4 the year before that. Not really different for us. Then we'll also need to add in all of the closed door friendlies as well, of which we've had two already, I believe.

May 27: Beat Malaysia XI
2-1
May 30: Beat Sydney FC 1-0
July 29: MLS All-Stars
Aug 4: Real Madrid
Aug 5: Bayern Munich or AC Milan

We'll have racked up 5 friendlies this summer as opposed to 6 last year and 4 the year before that. Not really different for us. Then we'll also need to add in all of the closed door friendlies as well, of which we've had two already, I believe.

May 27: Beat Malaysia XI
2-1
May 30: Beat Sydney FC 1-0
July 29: MLS All-Stars
Aug 4: Real Madrid
Aug 5: Bayern Munich or AC Milan

Well yeah, but do those games played in May before the players' holiday really count? And for me the rest are bit too close to the United game, but I suppose Poch and his crew know better. And yeah, the closed door games and basic training are the bread and butter.

Well yeah, but do those games played in May before the players' holiday really count? And for me the rest are bit too close to the United game, but I suppose Poch and his crew know better. And yeah, the closed door games and basic training are the bread and butter.

I included them because they're technically summer friendlies, so didn't want to exclude them. If that's the case, then you have to reduce the previous summer's numbers as well. It does seem like it is a small amount of friendlies, but apparently we are right on pace with previous years.

I included them because they're technically summer friendlies, so didn't want to exclude them. If that's the case, then you have to reduce the previous summer's numbers as well. It does seem like it is a small amount of friendlies, but apparently we are right on pace with previous years.

You're probably right.

I also noticed on the official site there are two Spurs XI fixtures coming up (the classics vs. Peterborough and Stevenage). Hopefully those will help some of our fringe players find some match fitness/sharpness.

I find the post season friendlies more annoying than any pre-season ones... the season is over... let's all have a nice break :llorishuh: no pun intended... and come back refreshed and ready in July.

$urely playing a meaningle$$ £riendly at the end of the season isn't gonna help £itness level$ or tiredne$$ for the UPCOMING $eason...

I ju$t don't G€T IT! :levywhoa:

Last edited:
Mason - His quality is debateable, but he made that position his own when he first broke into the team. Agree we could probably do better going forward.

Dembele - Not sure how many more chances we can give him to try and to rediscover the form that led him to single handedly destroy Manchester Utd (for us and for Fulham) in his first season. A very frustrating player.

Chadli - Completely disagree. 11 goals, 5 assists and 41 chances created. Our most productive midfielder after Eriksen (who went missing about half way through the season and left Chadli and Kane to pull us over the line).

Those are better numbers than Stirling, Coutinho, Mata, Di Maria, Yaya Toure, Ramsey, Ozil, Milner, Sigurdsson.... i could go on. In fact numbers wise there are probably only about seven or eight midfielders in the league who had a "better" season.
The geezers clearly a div on a wind up, stop biting chap.

United'd midfield consists of an aging German star, a French midfielder that's always crap against us and a Spanish midfielder who we have no business fearing.

Easy 3-0 win.

For them :walkercry:

Back
Top Bottom