LP list updated

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got block 45 for the Palace match (ticked off at upper and lower Park Lane to have a better chance). Anyone been there? Right next to the away support. It says "The seat you previously purchased has PRC/CRC restrictions on them" (partly and completely restricted view). What exactly is restricting the view?

The views aren't restricted unless you are 4 foot 6 and sitting in row 1 (metal bars on top of the wall) or in the back rows and you can't seen the PaxtonJumbotron. I have been in 44 hundreds if times and never had an issue.

It is right next to the away but I love it there. If you are a bit gobby like me and hate away fans (also like me) it will be right up your street although Palace fans are fairly inoffensive in my experience.

I got 515 lp my brother who I sit next and we basically share the 2 season tickets with our sons has 270 it's mad we both have had the same ticket. Since the 90's

Rang up to see if he's could be bumped and mine reduced told if I complained mine would be equalised to his.

It's OK really as we treat them as a shared resource between us but the maths is baffling.

Much simpler than having a member's allocation - just have Members and ST Holders in the same loyalty points system. Give ST Holders however many points the games their ST covers are worth (probably 67 per year off the top of my head), round it up to say 75 since they pre-pay for them, and then have everyone on an equal footing.

Interesting to see if the lp system survives into Wembley and the new white Hart lane.

By my calculations the highest lp required for an away game last season was Watford away Christmas 380.

Is it the fairest way? It suits me so I'd be loath to change. Plus lottery is difficult to administer if you want to use the network function and bring a few mates. I can just see the scramble getting higher and higher.

Though it suits me not convinced it's the fairest.

In all honesty the current system seems to be the fairest way (not without fault though) it rewards both those who have been going for a while (most cases) in that ST have priority. As well as rewarding those who go constantly with the he point cut off.

I'd agree it could do with tweaking a bit, possibly more points for renewing the more years you've had the ST or maybe 5-10% held back for members.

I'm gonna reserve my judgement on the new system until we're at least a couple of months in. But having ended up with a ticket in the West Upper for Palace, it's not looking great so far...

Much simpler than having a member's allocation - just have Members and ST Holders in the same loyalty points system. Give ST Holders however many points the games their ST covers are worth (probably 67 per year off the top of my head), round it up to say 75 since they pre-pay for them, and then have everyone on an equal footing.

Absolutely this. I am a Season ticket holder but rarely go to away games nowadays and think this would be fair. If a member goes to EVERY home game and travels away when they can, then they have probably attended more games than me - and that should be accounted for. I still perceive that as pretty rare to be honest though, and I know that most members are of the pick-and-choose nature who wouldn't get near the number of points a ST gets. It would probably only bump me down the queue by about 200/300 people I imagine.

I could caveat that when a ST sells via StubHub they should lose the appropriate 'loyalty points' for that match.

I'm gonna reserve my judgement on the new system until we're at least a couple of months in. But having ended up with a ticket in the West Upper for Palace, it's not looking great so far...

Yet you just know somebody with very few points will have a ticket in the PL that you would have normally taken if it wasn't ballot...

For the ballot season does anyone else think we should have done away with the pricing structure and have one price across the board? That way at least you're not paying more for a ticket in an area you'd usually not choose to go.

Absolutely this. I am a Season ticket holder but rarely go to away games nowadays and think this would be fair. If a member goes to EVERY home game and travels away when they can, then they have probably attended more games than me - and that should be accounted for. I still perceive that as pretty rare to be honest though, and I know that most members are of the pick-and-choose nature who wouldn't get near the number of points a ST gets. It would probably only bump me down the queue by about 200/300 people I imagine.

I could caveat that when a ST sells via StubHub they should lose the appropriate 'loyalty points' for that match.

Spot on with everything there.

I used to go home and away for every match as a member (except scum away) and after 2 years of that the club wrote to me and offered me a season ticket. This was in 2006 and I was nowhere on the waiting list. Weird.

Yet you just know somebody with very few points will have a ticket in the PL that you would have normally taken if it wasn't ballot...

For the ballot season does anyone else think we should have done away with the pricing structure and have one price across the board? That way at least you're not paying more for a ticket in an area you'd usually not choose to go.
Oh of course, and that's massively frustrating. In my ticket application I could have only ticked the boxes for the cheaper tickets, but of course then I might well not have got one at all. It'll be amusing trying to get some songs going up there at least, and I suppose I'll get a better tactical view of the game than from behind the goal.

Nice thought on the pricing, but it'd create a very difficult situation with the ST holders. They'd either have a situation where members and ST holders in the same block could be paying massively different prices for similar seats, which would create resentment, or they'd have to make all the STs the same price around the ground, meaning big decreases in ST renewal price for those in West Lower, West Upper & East Upper and big increases for those in South Lower & North Lower, and potentially therefore thousands of unhappy ST holders wanting to move seats.

I used to go home and away for every match as a member (except scum away) and after 2 years of that the club wrote to me and offered me a season ticket. This was in 2006 and I was nowhere on the waiting list. Weird.

I missed the boat on the season tickets by a season I think due to age/finances. Just as we became good and I could afford it I then couldn't get a ST and had to join the waiting list. Definitely putting our continued run as a top 6 team down to me.....

Oh of course, and that's massively frustrating. In my ticket application I could have only ticked the boxes for the cheaper tickets, but of course then I might well not have got one at all. It'll be amusing trying to get some songs going up there at least, and I suppose I'll get a better tactical view of the game than from behind the goal.

Nice thought on the pricing, but it'd create a very difficult situation with the ST holders. They'd either have a situation where members and ST holders in the same block could be paying massively different prices for similar seats, which would create resentment, or they'd have to make all the STs the same price around the ground, meaning big decreases in ST renewal price for those in West Lower, West Upper & East Upper and big increases for those in South Lower & North Lower, and potentially therefore thousands of unhappy ST holders wanting to move seats.

East upper for me. Block E. One away from 'The Chasm'!

I applied for PL or Paxton upper for Liverpool (no option to differentiate). This goes to LPs so should get my preferred choice.
I did notice though the the PL upper (£52) was more expensive than East Lower (£48). Never seen that before.

I missed the boat on the season tickets by a season I think due to age/finances. Just as we became good and I could afford it I then couldn't get a ST and had to join the waiting list. Definitely putting our continued run as a top 6 team down to me.....

I only kept it for a season (l kept my membership). I was in the East lower and I missed the PL. Back then it was easy to get away tickets as a member. I had no idea it would get this difficult.

Back
Top Bottom