Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Close this thread - save the pain of his inevitable presentation at OT in a couple of months time

We're Spurs - these things never go our way

Most managers look at the the size of the pay cheque first and foremost. So, if Levy really wants Van Gaal, offer him more money than Man utd. Simple. The increase in the clubs profile will pay for it. Throw in the fact that Spurs are based in the London, the most cosmopolitan city in the world, while old trafford is a decaying stadium in a provincial noth-west shithole and theres only one choice for LVG to make really.

We are about 20yrs worth of trophies away from being a better prospect than Utd.....and in that time, they would have to win fuck all.

Its not just money Im afraid.

A lucky PL Title does'nt exist.

On the contrary, Liverpool have just proven that it could have been us without the bullshit that surrounds this club......and more importantly, still could be.

IF we get this appointment right.

Totally agree..
This is why I was getting so excited about the prospect of a Manager of LVGs ilk.
A manager who could knock this club into shape, a manager every single player would have respect for.
There would be no silly little Tweets, there would be no moaning, under performing players would be dropped, but above all..
NO FUCKING HIGH LINE DEFENDING..

If hes the guy they want then they will get him. End of, really.

This whole managerial shambles is the fault of one man and one man alone - Levy. Cant even be bothered to type out the catalogue of managerial hires and fires that have been made solely by him. Sad times

Come on, different era, different world of football (nearly 50 years ago). Utd have never had to attract a big name coach, paying big bucks like Chelsea of City in the modern post SKY era. This is new ground for them. Can anyone compete with AF, its a big call?
IMO, Utd (although one of the big clubs in Europe) have always played second fiddle to Liverpool. AF closed the gap a lot but thats come to an end. Any new coach in charge now will be judged against AF and his success. The pressure is on.
I disagree Moyes was judges against AF and he failed, many united fans now are expecting the next manager to atleast get united champions league next season and I'm sure the owners will to. The next manager will be judged against Moyes now. AF mistake in chosing Moyes has shown the owners his human and shown the world that united need a rebuild.

Weirdly enuf united fans are more realistic then we are about their teams situation, they know that their squad has been feeding of AF for years, and they know that without him their squad is average.

I think as much as anything Moyes was judged on the shit he served up on the field, rather than points and positions.
If he had actually shown signs of forging a good side they would have been more patient IMO.

I disagree Moyes was judges against AF and he failed, many united fans now are expecting the next manager to atleast get united champions league next season and I'm sure the owners will to. The next manager will be judged against Moyes now. AF mistake in chosing Moyes has shown the owners his human and shown the world that united need a rebuild.

Weirdly enuf united fans are more realistic then we are about their teams situation, they know that their squad has been feeding of AF for years, and they know that without him their squad is average.

"united fans are more realistic then we are" thats easy when you are being successful. lets see how realistic they are now and next season?

Moyes will soon be forgotten-a blip, an error of misjudgement.

I agree, AF juggled an average squad to high levels (winning the PL/CL), not just the PL top 4. IMO, it's not that difficult as the scum show every season. AF still encouraged top PL players to play for him.

Where I disagree, AF took charge in 1986, he will be the yard stick all predecessors will be judged against (anyone aged 35+'ish have only ever known AF). CL football is expected, the minimum achievement in a season for a club as Utd, regardless who is in charge. It will be the next level of football ,(CL) all coaches will be judged with, at Utd.

Utd have come into the real world of football, wanting instant success. What if LVG does not work, do they sack him and get in another high profile coach? This could be the rocky road for Utd. They have tasted the honey.

A lucky PL Title does'nt exist.

On the contrary, Liverpool have just proven that it could have been us without the bullshit that surrounds this club......and more importantly, still could be.

IF we get this appointment right.

Yeh but be realistic what team have had as few injuries as Liverpool this season, hardly any of there top players out for most of the season, that would never happen to us. Liverpool have a good manager, great first 11, few injuries and no European football, perfect combination, they also keep their best players.

:adelol:

Mate, if you brought in Ferguson at his peak you'd still find Spurs fans who could whinge about it.

Unfortunatly yes, why do so many Spurs fans want a nice guy as manager, I couldn't care less. We moan about Redknapp and Sherwood's ego and AVB's mubbling and their media apperances but Fergie, Mourinho and LvG are 10 times worse, they are complete arseholes. Fergie would be seen as man who 'embrasses' Spurs with what he says in the press and there would be a clamer to get rid of him.

My only reason for wanting a new manager is that Tim is inexperienced, couldn't care less if he doesn't have a suit or what shit he says in front of cameras, its the football on the pitch that counts.

Yeh but be realistic what team have had as few injuries as Liverpool this season, hardly any of there top players out for most of the season, that would never happen to us. Liverpool have a good manager, great first 11, few injuries and no European football, perfect combination, they also keep their best players.

People say they were a one man team, yet when Suarez was out at the start of the season until October, they still took 13pts from the first 18 available.

Sturridge has also been out with injuries.

You can bemoan "bad luck" with injuries......but we just spent 110M deepening our squad strength....supposedly.

I think as much as anything Moyes was judged on the shit he served up on the field, rather than points and positions.
If he had actually shown signs of forging a good side they would have been more patient IMO.
And the players take no responsibility for the shit that they dished up??

People say they were a one man team, yet when Suarez was out at the start of the season until October, they still took 13pts from the first 18 available.

Sturridge has also been out with injuries.

You can bemoan "bad luck" with injuries......but we just spent 110M deepening our squad strength....supposedly.

Yep and bloody half of them are injured, what is with us and injuries, not just this season but the past 20, do we just have a shit medical team, we are always at the top or near the top of the injury list in the Prem.

Back
Top Bottom