Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regardless of the stature of the league cup we have still gone four games without a win, having scored a whopping 2 goals in that span. There are some reason for concern IMO, it's not all Totti Totti being negative. Just my two cents.

Absolutely nothing to read into this game, doesn't change a thing about the season. Dippers were better and deserved to go though.

The only talking point for me is Dier. I love this man but he has been shit every single game I have seen him. Way off the pace, positioning poor, not winning tackles and can't pass for shit. He is the only player who's performances really matter for the season ahead.

What's up with him?

I don't know if i'm more frustrated with Niall Quinn being anywhere near a microphone whenever Spurs are on, or Sturridge's soppy little wavy-arm goal celebration dance...

...still, Sky are long overdue a Liverpool wankefest, (apparently Liverpool's Youth policy paid off... and they have a new stand to boot... they only mentioned it once every 10 fucking seconds!) ...so let them all come in eachother's mouths and wipe up the mess afterwards...

As for us... either our squad isn't quite as good as we thought it was, or the players don't care about this comp as much as we hoped they would... either way, Harrisson's 'GLARING MISS'(courtesy Sky Sports Commentary) was the moment he could've changed his early career (and our season) forever!

Still never mind, eh...? thats' fucking Youth team football for ya!

I feel bad for Janssen, absolutely no one is giving him service. Was there one attempt at a through ball all night?

Winks was solid, Vorm was very good, everyone else was hot dog shit.

Onomah looks like he doesn't even care and it drives me mad. Nkoudou gave us good width but did nothing with it. Our back four was in shambles, Carroll was anonymous, and Lamela has had a poor run of form late. Wanyama was steady as always.

Let's burn this performance, bury it in the yard and forget it ever happened. The under 20s I can understand, playing in that environment can be overwhelming, but the worst performances came from some of or older and veteran players.

Alright, done complaining, it was nice seeing some youth out there, at least, and it was in the least important competition to throw out a dud.

I think the criticism on Onomah is harsh. Played out of position. The fact we're giving players like Carroll his opportunities is what worries me.

We've all known Carroll would do nothing for Spurs for at least 3 years. Swansea didn't even see the need for him.

Would much rather have kept Bentaleb for him. Even with the supposed attitude problems.
agreed
Carroll is too lightweight

Onomah and Carroll were dreadful. Wimmer wasn't much better. Winks was alright but not ready for Prem. CCV showed some glimpses but needs work. At least Vinny scored.

Agree, he seems to have been off the boil. He has been injured, so could be that. Also, Wanyama coming in and being a beast may have knocked his confidence a bit?

I dunno.

Big games coming up. Hope we get going!

Up The Spurs

Back
Top Bottom