Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The playoffs is just a joke. Hamburg is going to escape yet again. I like Holtby and VDV but Hamburg really deserved to be relegated.
I agree. Hamburg and Freiburg should have gone down really. Or Stuttgart (who I really like).

Paderborn are a great little club. Really really saddened to see them go back down. They had such a good Hinrunde as well :(

BBC description from today's game: "Former Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby set up Rajkovic from a curling free-kick to seal Hamburg's victory over Schalke" ... Former? Is that true?

Don't know if he will ever return to us but he has a new 1940s haircut:

454492460-hamburger-sv-training-session-gettyimages.jpg

Some people in the Lamela thread have suggested that Coco's hair is to blame for his poor performances Sundowner Sundowner . Is our Lewis' poor performances also down to his new look?

Don't get this.

Holtby is our player, who Poch has not had a chance to take a look at, in a position where we need to strengthen, with a style that should suit his pressing idea. Why are we selling him?

Don't get this.

Holtby is our player, who Poch has not had a chance to take a look at, in a position where we need to strengthen, with a style that should suit his pressing idea. Why are we selling him?

He played him plenty last pre-season, where Holtby impressed but he was still sent away so I think Poch knows enough. I really like Holtby and it's a shame how he has regressed since we signed him but Ryan Mason offers about the same football and is HG and so on.

Don't get this.

I quite agree. Not sure why he wouldn't get given a chance. I thought he performed well under AVB when given a chance.

Holtby is a dreadful central midfielder. In fact he's like Mason except he's more of a headless chicken. Holtby was always best playing further forward, but I could see him being rather easy to mark out of a game. I mean Eriksen is pretty easy to mark out of a game when he's central and he's better than Holtby.

Holtby hit a perfect free kick yesterday right on to Rajkovic's head to score Hamburg's second goal in their 2-0 win over Schalke yesterday. I saw it live on the box and it was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom