Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also interesting that Ive been slated because I think Holtby is no more than a squad player....yet in 4 pages of the thread about starting line ups, only one person had in him their 11.

Last edited:
Also interesting that Ive been slated because I think Holtby is no more than a squad player....yet in 4 pages of the thread about starting line ups, only person had in him their 11.

I don't think anyone's slating you for that, it's the beliefs you make without sufficient evidence or rationale and then turning around to cunt others off with rudeness that folks are taking issue with. You've had multiple people telling you that your assumption pertaining to Fulham is not only incorrect, but a poor method of evaluating a player, and you cunted them all off without seeming to listen and consider.

It is for that reason you were undoubtedly slated and binned, not because of your opinion on the player.

I don't think anyone's slating you for that, it's the beliefs you make without sufficient evidence or rationale
Evidence: Watching Holtby play football
Rational: He´s average

You've had multiple people telling you that your assumption pertaining to Fulham is not only incorrect, but a poor method of evaluating a player

I didnt use it to evaluate the player. You didnt listen. I evaluated him by WATCHING him.
You say my assumption is incorrect....with ZERO evidence to the contrary.
Then deny that you are assuming I am wrong.

and you cunted them all off without seeming to listen and consider.

Thats why you got cunted off.

Not listening.
Telling me Im wrong but doing the EXACT same thing by making assumptions (while denying it the whole time)
Only your assumptions are completely illogical...ie, Holtby wanted to join Fulham, and turned down bigger clubs to stay in London

Now you say that if he joins Palace, I have a point about his level. Sigh.

Evidence: Watching Holtby play football
Rational: He´s average

I didnt use it to evaluate the player. You didnt listen. I evaluated him by WATCHING him.
You say my assumption is incorrect....with ZERO evidence to the contrary.
Then deny that you are assuming I am wrong.

Thats why you got cunted off.

Not listening.
Telling me Im wrong but doing the EXACT same thing by making assumptions (while denying it the whole time)
Only your assumptions are completely illogical...ie, Holtby wanted to join Fulham, and turned down bigger clubs to stay in London

Now you say that if he joins Palace, I have a point about his level. Sigh.

This response is loaded to the brim with incorrect stances and interpretations.

You clearly won't budge from your bizarre thought processes, and quite clearly no one else agrees with you, therefore it is a complete waste of time to try and continue to point out the things that should be blatantly obvious to you. Each of my responses has only fueled the fire in giving you more words to twist incorrectly with yet more bizarre thought processes.

You were binned for acting out of line. Learn from it instead of coming back and continuing with the same nonsense.

This response is loaded to the brim with incorrect stances and interpretations.

You clearly won't budge from your bizarre thought processes, and quite clearly no one else agrees with you, therefore it is a complete waste of time to try and continue to point out the things that should be blatantly obvious to you. Each of my responses has only fueled the fire in giving you more words to twist incorrectly with yet more bizarre thought processes.

You were binned for acting out of line. Learn from it instead of coming back and continuing with the same nonsense.

So in your opinion (the opinion about Holtby, as your ramblings about me and Gibbs are irrelevent to a Spurs discussion):

We can judge Holtby´s ability by the level of clubs interested in him if they are buying.........but not if they only want him on loan.

You claim you are not assuming I am wrong. Its a fact that I am wrong. But you cannot show me one club that Holtby turned down to join Fulham through his own preference.

While lacking any evidence to make your assumption (that Im wrong), you base that assumption on the fact that I have no evidence that bigger clubs were not in for Holtby.

(In short, you are a massive hypocrite)

You then deny that you have made an assumption. Simply proposed a possibilty.

And my thought process in bizarre....?

Last edited:
So in your opinion (the opinion about Holtby, as your ramblings about me and Gibbs are irrelevent to a Spurs discussion):

We can judge Holtby´s ability by the level of clubs interested in him if they are buying.........but not if they only want him on loan.

You claim you are not assuming I am wrong. Its a fact that I am wrong. But you cannot show me one club that Holtby turned down to join Fulham through his own preference.

While lacking any evidence to make your assumption (that Im wrong), you base that assumption on the fact that I have no evidence that bigger clubs were not in for Holtby.

Sorry guy, not interested in continuing this. The questions you've asked repeat your incorrect interpretations of my own points. If people are incapable of seeing through your manipulations of the words, that is their own problem. Hope you have a good day, Sam, and that you enjoy the game later.

Y'know what, fuck it, your post is easier than sin to dispel.

The one time I pointed out the similarities? Now it's plural and I got off topic? Case in point how you manipulate and exaggerate things? (Gibbs does this too - oh fuck now it's plural, touche sir)

A purchase vs a 3 and a half month loan? Do the differences in each, and the implications on career and lifestyle, really have to be explained to you? Have you not ever received a job offer and considered your possibilities, or known someone who has? If so, this really should not need explaining.

No, what I claimed was "wrong" was that you had insufficient basis to state Fulham was the single most interested club in the player because they landed him on a short loan. You simply cannot assume that from that evidence, and a statement such as that overlooks the fact he is a free man and has a choice in the matter, and therefore implies these players are no more than slaves or livestock who simply go to the highest bidder. You have made a jump in your attempted deduction that passed over several key steps in the process.

I never once said with certainty (cue the difference between "assumption" and "proposing a possibility" - cue once more the dictionary) a bigger club came in, simply that we don't know that, just as you don't know for certain that Fulham was the single most interested club. That was the extent of it, you just twisted it into something entirely different altogether.

Therefore no, no I am not. You simply manipulated things in your own head to incorrect conclusions.

Correct. In the context of the aforementioned, this should make sense to the average sensible fellow with even a satisfactory reading comprehension ability. Otherwise...

yes, yes it is. If you would calm down, stop manipulating things, and consider what multiple people have tried saying to you, I don't think we'd have had this conversation in the first place and you wouldn't have been binned.

Last edited:

A purchase vs a 3 and a half month loan? Do the differences in each, and the implications on career and lifestyle, really have to be explained to you? Have you not ever received a job offer and considered your possibilities, or known someone who has? If so, this really should not need explaining

If Ronaldo was being offered on loan for three months, do you think the clubs interested would reflect the level of his ability?

I do

No, what I claimed was "wrong" was that you had insufficient basis to state Fulham was the single most interested club in the player because they landed him on a short loan.

You've had multiple people telling you that your assumption pertaining to Fulham is not only incorrect, but a poor method of evaluating a player..

This is what you said this morning. I stopped reading your post because you are a massive liar who has lost track of what he is saying.

Your levels of erratic behaviour is evidenced clearly above...

10.29 am "I have no interest in continuing this...."

10.46 am "No...I want to continue..."

Last edited:
If Ronaldo was being offered on loan for three months, do you think the clubs interested would reflect the level of his ability?

I do

You've had multiple people telling you that your assumption pertaining to Fulham is not only incorrect, but a poor method of evaluating a player..

This is what you said this morning. I stopped reading your post because you are a massive liar who has lost track of what he is saying.

Your levels of erratic behaviour is evidenced clearly above...

10.29 am "I have no interest in continuing this...."

10.46 am "No...I want to continue..."

You're right, it was folly to continue, as you've seemed to concoct yet another simply false idea that there was some disconnect or contradiction in my statements. It's stupid to continue having to point out the readily obvious only for you to continue the train of nonsensical accusations. The way your brain works is truly a wonder, sweetheart.

Deuces, enjoy the game later.

You're right, it was folly to continue, as you've seemed to concoct yet another simply false idea that there was some disconnect or contradiction in my statements. It's stupid to continue having to point out the readily obvious only for you to continue the train of nonsensical accusations. The way your brain works is truly a wonder, sweetheart.

Deuces, enjoy the game later.

Its ironic that your argument is so absurd, that even you yourself think I have concocted it.

Lewis_Holtby_2011.jpg

Signs up for new email account. check
creates new tfc account for Holtby lolz. check
fucking spells Holtby wrong. check.
cba to do it all again.

:paulinhofacepalm:

Intended to do a Q&A as Holtby, could have been good.

Man the arguments in here are pretty silly.

I think it is CLEAR that Holtby is an AVERAGE player. His pressing and through balls are perhaps above average but the rest of his game is not. He is very limited, loses the ball or gives up possession often, is prone to mistakes, is prone to frantic runs with no purpose and his game can turn sloppy at any given moment.

Spurs only payed 1.5 or 2 million for him. While he did only have 6 months or whatever left on his contract, this price still reflects his ability level and his value to the rest of the football world.

There were hardly any other suitors for him, another part of the reason we got him for 1.5 mil.

Right now at most he would be worth around 6m pounds I would say, and that is giving him a huge wiggle room where I don't really know if you could sell him for more than 5.

He has looked completely average in preseason and his game does not look to have progressed much at all. Even against Chicago, he played a completely average and dull game. His pass for goal was a pretty standard play. It didn't ooze creativity or anything, nor does Holtby.

It is very evident the Spurs don't really have too much stock in him and it definitely seems as if he will be surplus to requirements. I believe they are shopping him around and hoping to use him as a makeweight in a transfer. If they can't do that I definitely believe he will be loaned.

He really does not have a big place on this team. He would likely be one of the last subs used in PL games if he even makes the bench for them. I could see him getting some game time in the EL or Cup games, but I think those chances would be limited.

We have many players who are more creative than Holtby. The only thing we will miss is his energy and pressing. But I think those are two traits which are fairly easy to replace with a better quality player who can also add more.

I think anyone who believes Holtby is a crucial part of this team is in for a rude awakening.

I think holtby is above average but not near worldclass he was excellent at schalke but with no consistent play last two years his form prob has dipped i think we keep holtby you need players like him to glue a team together and make them like family which is important for team morale and he is the only natural replacement for erickssen

I think holtby is above average but not near worldclass he was excellent at schalke but with no consistent play last two years his form prob has dipped i think we keep holtby you need players like him to glue a team together and make them like family which is important for team morale and he is the only natural replacement for erickssen

In this system he's not. Plus Holtby is a pretty awful 10 in the PL. He's not a natural 10 at all. If anything he's a natural 8. In this system, Lamela is probably going to end up being the CAM anyway, and Eriksen likely going to come off one of the wings. But in Poch's 4231, the three mid attackers rotate a lot, so there is no standard 10. Anyway, Kane or any other Winger would fill Eriksens role.

Holtby is going to be one of the last names on the game sheet if he happens to stick around.

It's not me just saying this, its being reported constantly. We are more than willing to part with him.

I agree with you on some points but he is not as awful as you make him out to be but if thats your opinion that fine i just like the fact that he can play any position in the midfield maybe not to your standard but you need these kind of players in your team he is not the first on your team sheet neither mine but like chadli very versatile and could be important if our team become ravaged with injuries.

Man the arguments in here are pretty silly.

I think it is CLEAR that Holtby is an AVERAGE player. His pressing and through balls are perhaps above average but the rest of his game is not. He is very limited, loses the ball or gives up possession often, is prone to mistakes, is prone to frantic runs with no purpose and his game can turn sloppy at any given moment.

Spurs only payed 1.5 or 2 million for him. While he did only have 6 months or whatever left on his contract, this price still reflects his ability level and his value to the rest of the football world.

we had already agreed that holtby would be joining at the start of the new season. the 1.5m payment was essentially buying out the rest of his contract so he could leave early

Back
Top Bottom