Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Steffen, but he shouldn't spread negative stuff about our players. And those people that are spreading it on Twitter, how daft can you be? We don't want Holtby to find out that Freund doesn't lile him, this kind of shit needs to stay behind closed doors - and when privy to such info you keep it to yourself.

Rant end.

I like Steffen, but he shouldn't spread negative stuff about our players. And those people that are spreading it on Twitter, how daft can you be? We don't want Holtby to find out that Freund doesn't lile him, this kind of shit needs to stay behind closed doors - and when privy to such info you keep it to yourself.

Rant end.

It's probably personal if true - i.e. he's no doubt a bit energetic, whilst the people who don't like him seem quite 'serious', if you get what I mean. They probably find him annoying, is my suspicion

It's probably personal if true - i.e. he's no doubt a bit energetic, whilst the people who don't like him seem quite 'serious', if you get what I mean. They probably find him annoying, is my suspicion
Yep, I get that. But Steffen, should keep those thoughts to himself and not share it with fans.

As you say - if true.

Yep, I get that. But Steffen, should keep those thoughts to himself and not share it with fans.

As you say - if true.

I wouldn't worry too much, almost certain to be bollocks

A bit like the Les Ferdinand in the Golf club story recently

Rant end.
He is German: They have this peculiarity of wanting to be heard by the masses every now and again.

Can't see it in this thread, but did anyone put up these tweets about Freund's views on Holtby?

james powell @jamespowell363 ·15m
@crackersTHFC ha he was the bollocks , said holtby was shit , need to sell him

@WindyCOYS was in the pub last night , freund was not a fan of holtby , asked him what he thought of him and he said ' next question please'

@WindyCOYS really gave a vibe that he's off , I asked him about working with the German kids , didn't think much of holtby at all

@WindyCOYS ability , I asked him directly if he fit in to pochs plan , that's when he said next question please , was strange .

What would Freund know about Holtby's ability?

:harrylol:

I feel there is definitely a place in our team for Holtby, maybe not quite first time starting XI but, he can easily start in Cup and Europe games and come on and make a difference as a sub.
In 2 pre-season friendlies hes got a goal and an assist so its a good start!

If the rumours are true and Holtby is likely to go on loan to Palace or QPR, then I'd rather sell him outright and re-invest.

Personally, I think he's a great person to have in the squad and should get more starts in a more dynamic system. If, for whatever reason, Poch and co feel differently, then let him go and get someone in they do fancy.

If the rumours are true and Holtby is likely to go on loan to Palace or QPR, then I'd rather sell him outright and re-invest.
45d6108487a554a09fb68e25c1802ff7_original.jpg

Jeez poor holts can't catch a break

There are perfectly understandable reasons for this, if people choose to actually look at them.

Not sure why so many people can dismiss the eternal pattern of his career under so many different managers and playing staff......or is "being energetic and a laugh" enough for some?

He is not good enough....I would say that if he ends up at Palace or QPR, it would be a fair reflection of his level.

Others might argue its because he wants to stay in London, and that because we cannot prove that he didnt secretly turn down Bayern Munich and Man City to do that, then we cannot possibly pass judgement on why no bigger clubs are banging at our door to sign him.

But each to their own.

He would be handy to have around now Siggy is gone, but Lamela will feature this season, and Chadli is twice the player Holtby is, so Im not bothered.

:paulinhofacepalm:

Incredible how many similarities with Gibbs you possess.

Incredible that you still havent answered what you will think of Poch should he sell Holtby....and what your opinion will be if he ends up at Palace with no bids from any top clubs..

Seeing as thats the topic, and me and Gibbs are not the topic of discussion....

Or, you could just put in a sin bin vote, to save yourself being shown up as a muppet, yet again.

Incredible that you still havent answered what you will think of Poch should he sell Holtby....and what your opinion will be if he ends up at Palace with no bids from any top clubs..

Seeing as thats the topic, and me and Gibbs are not the topic of discussion....

Or, you could just put in a sin bin vote, to save yourself being shown up as a muppet, yet again.

Lol I didn't vote for you guy. You did your own work, and in which case lol that you think I was the one who therefore appeared the muppet. Something should have clicked by now.

But sure, I'm all for keeping it on topic.

I will have no negative feelings towards Poch if he sells Holtby. I'd be surprised considering that aforementioned evidence indicative he had expressed personal interest in him and the fact his agent also claimed Poch had personally wanted to use him (agents haggle for moves when they can, just as he did in January, so he's not going to lie and imply stability if there's even the slightest chance he might go). But I wouldn't fault Poch, and certainly not as much as I would if he chooses J Rod to be our winger addition in January as opposed to some of the other options we've been linked with. A potentially knackered J Rod over a healthy Konoplyanka would just be a shockingly strange decision IMO.

If he ends up being sold to Palace then you absolutely have a point. But for a three and a half month loan, I'm sorry but again the point you're implying there is very much suggesting players have no more decision-making influence than does a slave.

Back
Top Bottom