Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A frightening consideration......April 2014. Mitchell and Poch meet to discuss the summer transfer window....

They pick Fazio, Stromboli, Dier & Davies as key targets

Poch then jogs on to Spurs....

June 2014. Baldini and Poch meet up, Franco says...who do u want ?

Poch ( as he's clueless ) pulls out a post it note & says "Frankie.....we analyse and the defence is shit and I want Fazio, Stromboli, Dier & Davies....Yedlin looks good too"

And away we go.....

Maybe Baldini just got who Pooch already wanted ? Maybe the excuse that this is not his squad is a little incorrect given 6 potential starters were signed for Pooch and all of them have major limitations, be that ability, age, positioning etc...

Last edited:
A frightening consideration......April 2014. Mitchell and Poch meet to discuss the summer transfer window....

They pick Fazio, Stromboli, Dier & Davies as key targets

Poch then jogs on to Spurs....

June 2014. Baldini and Poch meet up, Franco says...who do u want ?

Poch ( as he's clueless ) pulls out a post it note & says "Frankie.....we analyse and I want Fazio, Stromboli, Dier & Davies....Yedlin looks good too"

And away we go.....
:eriksenserious:

Obscene.
Considering footballing clubs should be measured by success on the field
not fat cat unethical dirty Thatcherism.

( Is this the voice of the Daily Mail ? )
Success on the field can only come from big money in the boardroom. Levys job isn't to win trophies, its to run the football club as best he can with the resources available. Levy may not be the most popular for his on the field action but even his biggest detractors can't deny he's very good at his job.

Success on the field can only come from big money in the boardroom. Levys job isn't to win trophies, its to run the football club as best he can with the resources available. Levy may not be the most popular for his on the field action but even his biggest detractors can't deny he's very good at his job.

do you reallly believe this?, where between Fazio, Soldado and Paulinho do you actually see 'making best use of resources'. we have a solid £100m of invested deadweight,that's massive for a club the size of spurs. The board is utterly clueless in the transfer market.

do you reallly believe this?, where between Fazio, Soldado and Paulinho do you actually see 'making best use of resources'. we have a solid £100m of invested deadweight,that's massive for a club the size of spurs. The board is utterly clueless in the transfer market.
Yes, but thats not levys job is it. If the board sanctions ten million to be spent, it doesnt matter whether we get 1 great 10 mill player, or 10 million shitty £1 players. The point is they had 10 million available. There are many people employed to do many different jobs. The fact we've been finishing 4th 5th and 6th consistently Obviously means little to you. "utterly clueless" is a ridiculous statement to make. Do you think its easy to finish in the top half of the premier league? If so, why aren't the 82 league clubs below all doing it?

It is massively disappointing that the majority of the players that we bought with the Bale money have been underwhelming. I think the hope that most spurs fans have is that with coaching and positive thinking that maybe some can be better. But it's hard to deny when you garner the performances of last season and this together that the level of commitment is not high enough amongst our 'senior players' which is why we've seen Bentaleb, Mason and Kane excel. It's not a bad thing that this has happened. But what is intolerable as a fan is that players like Capoue, Kaboul, Adebayor, Soldado and Paulinho have been so terrible that they don't even make the bench. And when they do come on it looks like a lot of them could not give two fucks about the team. Or can even be arsed trying.

Levys job isn't to win trophies, Levy may not be the most popular for his on the field action but even his biggest detractors can't deny he's very good at his job.
Yes he is doing his job perfectly
Maybe another £500,000 pay rise is deserved next year
with another year of non football sucess.
" The rotten and corrupt will suck the soul of the people"
Sancho Villa

Last edited:
Yes he is doing his job perfectly
Maybe another £500,000 pay rise is deserved next year
with another year of non football sucess.
" The rotten and corrupt will suck the soul of the people"
Sancho Villa
So the only measure of success is winning a trophy, is that what you're saying?
So 92 league clubs and about 7 trophies to go between them? If thats the case why are we bothering?
Are you telling me the only time you enjoy football is when we're lifting a trophy?
Get off your high horse for 5 minutes.

Do you think its easy to finish in the top half of the premier league? If so, why aren't the 82 league clubs below all doing it?
What a bizarre statement to make. You arguments in unflinching support for Daniel Levy are becoming laughable.
Are you saying that fans of Man utd, Spurs, Everton and so on should not have higher expectations than clubs like Rochdale, Dagenham and Fleetwood ? Om My Word...

So 92 league clubs and about 7 trophies to go between them? If thats the case why are we bothering?
Are you telling me the only time you enjoy football is when we're lifting a trophy?
I am sorry if l dont get
'Race to the bottom" ethics

Yes, but thats not levys job is it. If the board sanctions ten million to be spent, it doesnt matter whether we get 1 great 10 mill player, or 10 million shitty £1 players. The point is they had 10 million available. There are many people employed to do many different jobs. The fact we've been finishing 4th 5th and 6th consistently Obviously means little to you. "utterly clueless" is a ridiculous statement to make. Do you think its easy to finish in the top half of the premier league? If so, why aren't the 82 league clubs below all doing it?
It's Levy's job to appoint Baldini etc., or to appoint the people who appointed them. So ultimately the buck stops with either Levy or Lewis for our failings in the transfer market, our constant sacking of managers etc.

Personally I think it's very wrong Levy should give himself a pay increase at this point. IMO a football club should be about more than just making a profit, read this thread http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/sale-of-spurs-to-scholar.3415/ to see how the club used to be run pre-Scholar. Although it's rare, some clubs e.g. Boro, are still run this way. I know we could have worse than Levy but I don't think it's wrong, as fans, to demand a football club to be treated as differently from any other business.

I know your very young. So you probably only see fit to compare our current situation to the shit 1990`s. But believe me, we are truly a big club with rich history and a massive fanbase. A club like Tottenham Hotspur should never be prepared to accept being also rans. And neither should the fans. Wherever we are, we should always be striving to improve. On the pitch I mean, not the bank balance. If you really think that finishing top 8 every year is a huge acheivement then thats up to you. But for Fuck`s sake, stop cunting off those of us who think the very tradition of our club demands that our expectations should be higher than what the club seem happy to accept.

I know your very young. So you probably only see fit to compare our current situation to the shit 1990`s. But believe me, we are truly a big club with rich history and a massive fanbase. A club like Tottenham Hotspur should never be prepared to accept being also rans. And neither should the fans. Wherever we are, we should always be striving to improve. On the pitch I mean, not the bank balance. If you really think that finishing top 8 every year is a huge acheivement then thats up to you. But for Fuck`s sake, stop cunting off those of us who think the very tradition of our club demands that our expectations should be higher than what the club seem happy to accept.
You think i don't want to win trophies? fucking hell. All I'm saying is get some perspective. All i see is people saying we're "average" and "terrible" and blah blah. When ya know what, we're actually one of the top clubs. And most would much rather be in our position. Id love us to win the league, but in the current age of football the odds are incredibly stacked against us. We've won a couple of league titles in our time and you're acting like that gives us a divine right to win more. Im not cunting anyone off. Im merely saying I've seen people going batshit mental that levy got a pay rise. The guy is doing a job. We're staying competitive near the top of the league and building a whole new fucking stadium costing hundreds of millions of pounds.

You say "a club like tottenham hotspur" but then look at other clubs, clubs that have been big in there day, blackburn won the fucking premier league and look at them now. Look at the Leeds and Prestons. We haven't won a fucking league title in over 50 years we're not that special. And the way football is now, the only way it will change is if it all becomes about the money, we get bought by an arab with 20 billion in is santander account and fancies a little project in a shithole in north london. The alternative is to just live for the moment, enjoy football and have a fucking laugh. One day we'll all be dead and none of this will matter one fucking jot. If you want to be a miserable cunt because Daniel Levy got a pay rise and we haven't won a trophy then fine, you go ahead and waste your life away. Also don't fucking patronise me "i know you're very young"
Im 23, not 5. I haven't become a bitter old cunt, granted. But I'm capable of assessing the situation for what it is. You say we're a "truly a big club with rich history and a massive fanbase". Yeah, in that respect we're behind Man united, Liverpool, Woolwich and sadly in this day and age Chelsea... With Man City buying their way up as best they can.
Oh and somewhat coincidentally, the teams currently ahead of us in the league... Liverpool city united Woolwich chelsea... hrmmmmm... And a Southampton team having the best season in god knows how long. If you wanna shit your pants that we're "only" 7th, having got to a league cup final and been in the Europa league then fine. If you're so disappointed that our improvement from last season hasn't been quite as meteoric as you'd hoped go ahead. But I'm gonna go ahead, enjoy my life and enjoy supporting a team. Wether it be in the premier league, europa league or the fucking eve-stick premier league. At the end of the day, what does it really matter? A win is a win and you can only beat whats in front of you, right?

It's Levy's job to appoint Baldini etc., or to appoint the people who appointed them. So ultimately the buck stops with either Levy or Lewis for our failings in the transfer market, our constant sacking of managers etc.

Personally I think it's very wrong Levy should give himself a pay increase at this point. IMO a football club should be about more than just making a profit, read this thread http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/sale-of-spurs-to-scholar.3415/ to see how the club used to be run pre-Scholar. Although it's rare, some clubs e.g. Boro, are still run this way. I know we could have worse than Levy but I don't think it's wrong, as fans, to demand a football club to be treated as differently from any other business.
Yeah, of course. In an ideal world it'd be us running the club. Tickets would be a fiver, we'd play saturday 3pm every week and we'd have a beer whilst we stand and watch the game.
But seeing as we don't live in that ideal world, don't you think its kind of pointless to judge the world we do live in by those standards? Id happily take football back 50 odd years, to it just being a social thing watching a few lads kicking a lump around a field. But the system we have is the the system we're stuck with. If daniel levy did the same thing he does for us, with another company in another industry, people wouldn't bat an eyelid about a little pay rise. But because its football people are losing their shit. Im not saying its RIGHT, I'm just saying thats how the games played. We'd all much prefer that half mill go towards tickets, but when the club is making more money that it ever has, a 5 billion tv deal has just been signed and everything we do off the field seems to be going fucking rosey at the minute, the men in suits are obviously going to pat themselves on the back.

Besides, tweeting about it, and moaning on a forum isn't going to do anything. Im bored of wannabe internet activists. If you're that bothered, organise a protest. Chain yourself to the fence outside the west stand. March on the FA. Actually fucking do something about it rather than just moaning on the internet.
(ovbiously this last bit isn't directed at you palmers_green_yid palmers_green_yid )

What a bizarre statement to make. You arguments in unflinching support for Daniel Levy are becoming laughable.
Are you saying that fans of Man utd, Spurs, Everton and so on should not have higher expectations than clubs like Rochdale, Dagenham and Fleetwood ? Om My Word...
Im not in support of daniel either. Im merely trying to point out how fucking moronic it is to judge things like this against standards that don't exist.
Also, thats not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is, don't you think rochdale fleetwood and dagenham would much rather be where we are? If its so easy to get 6th place in the premier league consistently, why aren't they?
Im saying, when we win a match, do you enjoy it? Are you getting enjoyment from it? Because tottenham hotspur doesnt owe you anything. You get involved because you seek joy from it. If you're just going to moan and complain then you're coming at it from the wrong angle.
Isn't that the joy of being Tottenham? We go through some bullshit times, we lose to stokes and burnley's... all so that when Harry Kane gives us the lead at home against Woolwich we can lose our shit just that little bit more.

Yeah, of course. In an ideal world it'd be us running the club. Tickets would be a fiver, we'd play saturday 3pm every week and we'd have a beer whilst we stand and watch the game.
But seeing as we don't live in that ideal world, don't you think its kind of pointless to judge the world we do live in by those standards? Id happily take football back 50 odd years, to it just being a social thing watching a few lads kicking a lump around a field. But the system we have is the the system we're stuck with. If daniel levy did the same thing he does for us, with another company in another industry, people wouldn't bat an eyelid about a little pay rise. But because its football people are losing their shit. Im not saying its RIGHT, I'm just saying thats how the games played. We'd all much prefer that half mill go towards tickets, but when the club is making more money that it ever has, a 5 billion tv deal has just been signed and everything we do off the field seems to be going fucking rosey at the minute, the men in suits are obviously going to pat themselves on the back.

Besides, tweeting about it, and moaning on a forum isn't going to do anything. Im bored of wannabe internet activists. If you're that bothered, organise a protest. Chain yourself to the fence outside the west stand. March on the FA. Actually fucking do something about it rather than just moaning on the internet.
(ovbiously this last bit isn't directed at you palmers_green_yid palmers_green_yid )
I see your point. But you could use the same kind of argument to say we should not criticise Adebayor, Modric...even Campbell's actions. Football is a business therefore why should anyone making money out of it treat us fans with any respect or loyalty. I'd rather just carry on being loyal to Spurs and cunting off anyone who takes the piss or fucks us around. It might not get us anywhere (and I agree direct action is preferable) but it will make me feel better.

You think i don't want to win trophies? fucking hell. All I'm saying is get some perspective. All i see is people saying we're "average" and "terrible" and blah blah. When ya know what, we're actually one of the top clubs. And most would much rather be in our position. Id love us to win the league, but in the current age of football the odds are incredibly stacked against us. We've won a couple of league titles in our time and you're acting like that gives us a divine right to win more. Im not cunting anyone off. Im merely saying I've seen people going batshit mental that levy got a pay rise. The guy is doing a job. We're staying competitive near the top of the league and building a whole new fucking stadium costing hundreds of millions of pounds.

You say "a club like tottenham hotspur" but then look at other clubs, clubs that have been big in there day, blackburn won the fucking premier league and look at them now. Look at the Leeds and Prestons. We haven't won a fucking league title in over 50 years we're not that special. And the way football is now, the only way it will change is if it all becomes about the money, we get bought by an arab with 20 billion in is santander account and fancies a little project in a shithole in north london. The alternative is to just live for the moment, enjoy football and have a fucking laugh. One day we'll all be dead and none of this will matter one fucking jot. If you want to be a miserable cunt because Daniel Levy got a pay rise and we haven't won a trophy then fine, you go ahead and waste your life away. Also don't fucking patronise me "i know you're very young"
Im 23, not 5. I haven't become a bitter old cunt, granted. But I'm capable of assessing the situation for what it is. You say we're a "truly a big club with rich history and a massive fanbase". Yeah, in that respect we're behind Man united, Liverpool, Woolwich and sadly in this day and age Chelsea... With Man City buying their way up as best they can.
Oh and somewhat coincidentally, the teams currently ahead of us in the league... Liverpool city united Woolwich chelsea... hrmmmmm... And a Southampton team having the best season in god knows how long. If you wanna shit your pants that we're "only" 7th, having got to a league cup final and been in the Europa league then fine. If you're so disappointed that our improvement from last season hasn't been quite as meteoric as you'd hoped go ahead. But I'm gonna go ahead, enjoy my life and enjoy supporting a team. Wether it be in the premier league, europa league or the fucking eve-stick premier league. At the end of the day, what does it really matter? A win is a win and you can only beat whats in front of you, right?

Good post but I think if you are paying top end prices to go to games I think that you are entitled to want to see us winning things every now & then plus investment in the team because we are after all a football team.

I know no one can predict the future & know that Soldado would be a failure or that others have been disappointing but then again we are paying people to basically see who would fit into our squad. These get chopped & changed every 5 mins & you have to look & question, Why is this happening ? Why do they fail & who keeps getting " the wrong person in" ?

I see your point. But you could use the same kind of argument to say we should not criticise Adebayor, Modric...even Campbell's actions. Football is a business therefore why should anyone making money out of it treat us fans with any respect or loyalty. I'd rather just carry on being loyal to Spurs and cunting off anyone who takes the piss or fucks us around. It might not get us anywhere (and I agree direct action is preferable) but it will make me feel better.
But you are right though. Ade Modric and Sol haven't actually done anything wrong, have they. No laws were broken at least. Its only because we choose to invest emotionally that we feel some kind of moral unjust. With Adebayor, we devote our time and effort to support the club so when we see a player we feel isn't giving 100% its frustrating. But thats on us, not Ade. Emmanuel Adebayor didn't choose to be paid hundreds of thousands, thats just unfortunately the level he is at in his particular industry. We'd all love to see it as "just a game" But the level of enjoyment is proportionate to the level of input. The more we put in, the better it feels when it goes right. Thats why you see people bragging about things that actually don't really matter and theres a sort of "who's more of a fan" mentality. When the truth is, there are probably people in America that are better fans than some season ticket holders.

Personally Ade and Modric don't bother me, they're akin to career politicians. I don't agree morally with the path they choose but i absolutely cannot fault them for choosing it, because its the system we have. Sol however, revealed his true character with what he did. He broke promises and betrayed all those who had put faith in him for his own selfish gain. He showed he couldn't be trusted. From that act alone its pretty clear to see he's exactly the type of man the conservatives would want.

Good post but I think if you are paying top end prices to go to games I think that you are entitled to want to see us winning things every now & then plus investment in the team because we are after all a football team.

I know no one can predict the future & know that Soldado would be a failure or that others have been disappointing but then again we are paying people to basically see who would fit into our squad. These get chopped & changed every 5 mins & you have to look & question, Why is this happening ? Why do they fail & who keeps getting " the wrong person in" ?
I completely agree for the most part, except for the paying top prices thing. Its the same argument that comes up time and again. No one forces us to pay those prices and no one is under any obligation to deliver anything in return for those prices. Its not like high ticket prices result in good football, if anything its the other way round. We could all boycott games immediately if we really wanted, but with things like the loyalty point system the club has created a mentality of individualism. We've been divided and conquered. If we all immediately downed tools and said nah fuck this, £50 for southampton at home? Thats mental (and it is fucking mental when you think about it. I haven't been to a league game since because i can't justify any more, paying £50 for 90 minutes entertainment i could get for free at the pub. Its rare i spend more than £50 for something, thats like 2 weeks food, or a weeks travel, but i digress...) I'm not paying it anymore, the club would go into a fucking meltdown. If ALL fans did it. If across the league pyramid we all stopped turning up, sponsors would be on the phone within seconds and ticket prices would drop like a whores draws. We actually have that power, yet we aren't using it.

Back
Top Bottom