Last Year's Eleven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Louisiana Hotspur

Özil: looks shite.
Last year's best eleven remained fairly set, even if we were admittedly short on depth. This season, my understanding is that there has not been a single game in which we have started the same team, while going through a variety of formations, midfield combinations, etc. I'm not even sure the same eleven has been on the pitch at the same time at any point this season, much less started together. Obviously some of this has been due to injuries and suspensions but I find it baffling that we have not had a single game where we have lined up the same group in a 4-2-3-1. How is this not worth a try amidst all of the other tinkering Poch has been up to? Why not treat Wanyama, Winks, et al as supporting cast and see if the same boys from last year can recreate some of the same consistency?

It seems a game like Hull would be the perfect time to try this (I understand Lamela is not fit so Son would take his place, though Lamela's spot was probably the least solidified of the first eleven last year anyway).

Apologies if this has been thoroughly discussed; I've been busy with a move and a new job and not on the forum much lately, but this has been a burning question for me. I just want to see it once.

Key players from last season have been injured. We also have a few new players and the blend is taking some time to bed in. A larger, stronger squad is going to lead to more rotation. Not a huge amount to see here?

Back
Top Bottom