Lack of Pace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at the game, as like last year, we lack pace in central midfield and defence. Anytime Liverpool attacked us today we never looked liked we'd get a challenge in. Liverpool on the other hand did. I just think we are going to struggle against any team who are direct with pace. The only time we have half a chance is with Kyle Walker in the back four though he alone isn't enough. It's early days I know but these are the same signs as last year, against the top team's we got bullied and out paced. There were two mistakes today which didn't help, the penalty was soft and then Townsend giving it away on the half way line, however how the left back managed to run half the pitch without a challenge from a centre half who knows. COYS

Lack of manning the fuck up and not doing huge personal mistakes is what killed us. Lack of pace gave us a few problems at times, but did not cause the goals. Dier was terrible on the first one, after a string of mistakes. The ref fucked us on the second, after a couple of mistakes. Townsend giving the ball away in the worst possible situation and then Kaboul being his way to usual stupid self with not closing down on Moreno lead to the third.

It's kinda ironic that Rose and Townsend are our fastest players and do us few favors closing down and defending.

My scapegoats are Naughton, Lennon, Rose and Townsend. All our fastest players. But I absolutely agree if I was manager, if I sold that quad of players, all of their replacements would have to be speedsters.

where was lennon today. was saying before the game i think we'd need him today simply to help vs counter attackes and to get in behind their back 4 who aren't the quickest

I blame Berbatov, Modric and Bale for jumping ship, and not sticking around JUST as the going was about to get good!
I know right we could of had this team from our best players in the last 7 years

Berbatov
Bale -------------------- Lamela
VDV
Sandro Modric
Benny King Nelson Walker
Lloris​

Berbatov
Bale -------------------- Lamela
VDV
Sandro Modric
Benny King Nelson Walker
Lloris​

He-he... stand by me!
ben-e-king_111819.jpg

I sort of agree with the original poster re our lack of pace, but I think Dier is pacy enough and I'm not going to give him a hard time 'coz he made a mistake today - he more than made up for it in the rest of his play today. However , there's no point in having a fast player if he can't take the ball with him! I would rather have a slow coach who has the brain to make the ball do all the work a lá Teddy.

I sort of agree with the original poster re our lack of pace, but I think Dier is pacy enough and I'm not going to give him a hard time 'coz he made a mistake today - he more than made up for it in the rest of his play today. However , there's no point in having a fast player if he can't take the ball with him! I would rather have a slow coach who has the brain to make the ball do all the work a lá Teddy.
Completely agree with that. Dier was fine apart from the one incident. It was more the pace of the team getting back which was a worry when Liverpool attacked. Plenty of work to do but too early for us to start worrying too much but like all Spurs fan's you always get that feeling we've seen this all before!! One thing for sure though... I couldn't live without them!

What a cunt Oz. You are better than that. Bad day all round. Don't make it worse dude. It's deadline in 24 hours. Expect the levy last minute stroke.

The last minute stroke is what he gives himself when selling our players for much more than they should go for.

Back
Top Bottom