Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Purely speculation but I wonder if all these long term contracts are a way to boost the value of the club (longer contracts adding more value onto player transfer fees) so that we can attract more cash for the stadium sponsorship/a potential buy out once it's built.

Wouldn't be surprised if all the players had clauses that say we will listen to offers over a certain amount in return for them helping us to do this

That aside, I'm delighted our two full backs are signed up for the long term. Would like to see verts and lamela next. Although as much as I like Jan and his partnership with Toby, I feel like he is one of the more replaceable players on the team

tumblr_inline_ocq9hp0KG91t9bsnt_500.gif

Our players are lining up to sign new contracts.. No other club can say that..

The spirit in our camp is top notch and will only get better..
The thought of having a settled squad for the next couple of years is really exciting. Not worrying about who's going to stand out and who's going to take them off us.

Purely speculation but I wonder if all these long term contracts are a way to boost the value of the club (longer contracts adding more value onto player transfer fees) so that we can attract more cash for the stadium sponsorship/a potential buy out once it's built.

Wouldn't be surprised if all the players had clauses that say we will listen to offers over a certain amount in return for them helping us to do this

That aside, I'm delighted our two full backs are signed up for the long term. Would like to see verts and lamela next. Although as much as I like Jan and his partnership with Toby, I feel like he is one of the more replaceable players on the team
Without doubt. As good as he is, I'd argue Big Kev is his equal and CCV looks like he will get to that level.

Blessed at CB.

It's hilarious that the same old pundits still question his defensive capabilities and fire off the old 'his pace gets him out of trouble" line, when he's been the best and most consistent right back defensively in the league for over a season. He's unbelievably good these days, defensively aswell as going forward.

He's getting a lot more love from pundits and fans of others recently to be honest - though I put that down to them probably watching him for England and how consistent he was with the national team over the summer as opposed to watching Spurs.

Because if it was because they've been watching Spurs, they'd have been singing his praises for the last 12 months. He was excellent today. I think him and Sissoko work very very well.

I think him and Sissoko work very very well.

I agree with you there. Sissoko and Walker didn't give Sterling a chance. Sissoko ran like a wild horse and Walker looked like a bull. It was like a safari zone on our right side. Poor Sterling. I could clearly see him getting frustrated as the game went on.

He's getting a lot more love from pundits and fans of others recently to be honest - though I put that down to them probably watching him for England and how consistent he was with the national team over the summer as opposed to watching Spurs.

Because if it was because they've been watching Spurs, they'd have been singing his praises for the last 12 months. He was excellent today. I think him and Sissoko work very very well.
The move for the pen was all his, took the ball a pace in his own half, cut through Citeh's midfield, carried on with his run, basically tore them a new arsehole.

Sissoko didn't impress me going forward today, but defensively he was brilliant. Did not expect to see that from him, he put in a massive shift. Earning my respect.

The move for the pen was all his, took the ball a pace in his own half, cut through Citeh's midfield, carried on with his run, basically tore them a new arsehole.

Was superb. Great footwork to through two midfield players, lovely give and go to find himself in the box too - so so important to how we play.

Back
Top Bottom