Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree, lets get another Paulinho or 2 because thats what Poch wants, most players with no Prem expierince but because they cost more money it must mean they have a desire to exceed, unlike players like Harry Kane, Bentaleb, Rose, Mason & even Trippier because why would they want to prove themselves with a big club like Tottenham?

Problem is some people will take that to mean that I don't want us to spend any money and that we should all be happy with cheap deals and only youth players making up the first team squad.

Of course if the right player became available at a price we can afford and who the manager likes then we should go all out for them. Its like it has to be one or the other but a balance is both realistic and the best method of moving the club forward.

How much money do we have to spend for this hypothetical right back?

Go crazy. No budget limit, just realistic signings, so no Dani Alves or Cafu.
Well, playing around with some data, and setting the criteria they would be at least around Danny Rose's output, under 26, there are a few guys who could be cheap and good.

Trippier was one. I also think Seamus Coleman, Juanfran (Deportivo La Coruna), Brice Dja Djédjé, Daryl Janmaat and Silvan Widmer could be about as good. Everyone but Coleman and Janmaat would likely be 5 million or less.

Last edited:
Well, playing around with some data, and setting the criteria they would be at least around Danny Rose's output, under 26, there are a few guys who could be cheap and good.

Trippier was one. I also think Seamus Coleman, Juanfran, Brice Dja Djédjé, Daryl Janmaat and Silvan Widmer could be about as good. Everyone but Coleman and Janmaat would likely be 5 million or less.
And they'd all be significantly better than our full international home grown right back?

And they'd all be significantly better than our full international home grown right back?
Well, they'd be actually playing rather than on the medic's table, so that's a step up right there. But they'd be about the same in performance (a little better or worse in some categories). Upgrading significantly would cost more, and may not really exist.

Last edited:
Well, they'd be actually playing rather than on the medic's table, so that's a step up right there. But they'd be about the same in performance (a little better or worse in some categories). Upgrading significantly would cost more, and may not really exist.
My point exactly. There's no right back out there that's willing to sign for us, that's within our financial reach, that will improve our first eleven significantly. Not one.

So strengthen the position instead. Get someone in that is close to who we have and hope he pushes a better performance from Walker. £3m well spent. No need to spend £20m.

My point exactly. There's no right back out there that's willing to sign for us, that's within our financial reach, that will improve our first eleven significantly. Not one.

So strengthen the position instead. Get someone in that is close to who we have and hope he pushes a better performance from Walker. £3m well spent. No need to spend £20m.
Well, the guys I listed do that. The guy Spurs signed does that (actually Trippier does significantly improve our starting eleven if he can keep his key passes up, he's a world beater in that category).

We needed backup. We now have backup. There seem to be a reasonable amount of people who think he may even be better than backup.

I really don't think RB is our weakest link at the moment. Save the vitriol. (Not necessarily in the last page or so, but nonetheless.)

:thumbup:

We needed backup. We now have backup. There seem to be a reasonable amount of people who think he may even be better than backup.

I really don't think RB is our weakest link at the moment. Save the vitriol. (Not necessarily in the last page or so, but nonetheless.)

:thumbup:

It was vacant last season, minus yedlin tho...and with the prospect of being able to see crossess like Dier's I'd be more than happy...:dier:
a Plan B if we can't penetrate their defence(which happens so often)

It was vacant last season, minus yedlin tho...and with the prospect of being able to see crossess like Dier's I'd be more than happy...:dier:
a Plan B if we can't penetrate their defence(which happens so often)
I meant after signing Trippier. I quite agree that we needed a plan B. Now that we have a capable plan B, I don't see the need for complaining about it when there are other spots that need more attention.

Back
Top Bottom