Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think it was on Football Weekly on Monday that someone said we'd signed him in January and loaned him back.

Surely we'd have heard if that was true?

michael-winner.jpg

Just Saying...

So has anyone actually watched this kid?

Our defence needs sorting, and unless this kid in the second coming of Ledley King, I'm not sure that we're done with business at CB.

So has anyone actually watched this kid?

Our defence needs sorting, and unless this kid in the second coming of Ledley King, I'm not sure that we're done with business at CB.
I made an effort to try and watch some Koln games when we were heavily linked in January. I have been impressed.

Koln defend really well so that may be one of the reasons he looked good. They have one of the best defensive records in the Bundesliga too I believe.

I think for the money being rumoured, he'd be an excellent signing. The sort of gamble we have built our recent success on.

I made an effort to try and watch some Koln games when we were heavily linked in January. I have been impressed.

Koln defend really well so that may be one of the reasons he looked good. They have one of the best defensive records in the Bundesliga too I believe.

I think for the money being rumoured, he'd be an excellent signing. The sort of gamble we have built our recent success on.
Joint 5th best record this season. They've been very well organised and looked impressive this season. Wimmer has been a big part of that. Dedicated, hard working and most importantly, his best attribute is actually defending!! (Something that cannot be said for Verts, Walker, Rose)

Hope we get this one over the line.

Everyone was getting a lob on over chiriches before he signed. Hate to say it but I have little faith in our scouting/transfer policies so don't have much hope for this one being all that for spurs unfortunately

Everyone was getting a lob on over chiriches before he signed. Hate to say it but I have little faith in our scouting/transfer policies so don't have much hope for this one being all that for spurs unfortunately

There's been a complete overhaul of the scouting and player recruitment staff, they've nicked the guy who was responsible for Southampton's very successful transfer window last summer.

Wimmer has the physical attributes to be a good CB in the Premier League. Something Chiriches lacks.

He has 13 or 14 clean sheets this season, and knows how to organize a defence. Something Fazio, Vertonghen and Dier aren't capable of. Köln have only conceded 38 goals in 33 games (we had 47 by that time). Give this guy a chance, he isn't going to be next Chiriches.

Wimmer has the physical attributes to be a good CB in the Premier League. Something Chiriches lacks.

He has 13 or 14 clean sheets this season, and knows how to organize a defence. Something Fazio, Vertonghen and Dier aren't capable of. Köln have only conceded 38 goals in 33 games (we had 47 by that time). Give this guy a chance, he isn't going to be next Chiriches.

I see Fazio at least trying to organise the defence though. He's the one in the back four getting the line up the pitch and barking out the orders to his fellow defenders. Maybe he's not commanding enough but he does do it.

Maybe he's a replacement for Vertonghen. At least we will then have one defender who can organise and another who talks.
Vertongen is the only left footed CB we have yet MP didn't fancy him much at first, despite the fact that he prefers to lay with a high & left footed CB pairing.
I'd go as far as to say Vertongen only makes the team at CB because he is left sided.
The Dutch league is a very slow at times. It's maybe why Vertongehn hasn't performed like he did at Ajax either defensively or offensively. He obviously cannot score as many goals in this league as he did in Eredivisie as he has to work harder. His weaknesses are exposed more as he has to do more defending. The EPL is a very fast, physical, tough league.
Good technically but not the best at defending consistently in the EPL.
Probably would be the balls in Italy.

FC Köln media spokesman Frederic Latz has confirmed Tottenham target Kevin Wimmer is leaving this summer.

Latz: "Kevin Wimmer will be sold. We can confirm, but for contractual reasons not say where he's going. The new club do not want that."

FC Köln media spokesman Frederic Latz has confirmed Tottenham target Kevin Wimmer is leaving this summer.

Latz: "Kevin Wimmer will be sold. We can confirm, but for contractual reasons not say where he's going. The new club do not want that."

Spur's MO. Exciting news.

Back
Top Bottom