Just looking at our squad numbers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower

Supporter
(and I know they don't mean a lot in the days of Bendtner 52 and Robinho 70)

But it's quite telling that numbers 2, 5, and 9 are all free - like we knew that Nelsen and Saha weren't good enough to be considered long term signings worthy of a proper number....

But I fear Numbers 3, 14, 10 and 11 will be freed up this Summer... let's get to a position where those players feel the need to stay, rather than wondering where they'll all go when we don't finish in a position befitting their expectations!!

TOP 4 FINISH IF WE POSSIBLY CAN... IF NOT, WE'LL FINISH WHERE WE DESERVE TO... AND FUCK ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE IT!

Hasn't Rafa come out and said he's perfectly happy at Tottenham and doesn't want to leave, CL football or not.

And after the summer antics of Chelsea do you see Levy saying yes this summer? I very much doubt it.

The new manager will be crucial.

Rafa has a been there, done that perspective. For all the talk of him in the past being a bit melodramatic he actually seems very level headed about football.

S.L.R said:
Rafa has a been there, done that perspective. For all the talk of him in the past being a bit melodramatic he actually seems very level headed about football.

All to do with what happened with his Mrs. That sort of thing gives you perspective on all of the day to day bollocks we deal with.

SpursUltra said:
S.L.R said:

All to do with what happened with his Mrs. That sort of thing gives you perspective on all of the day to day bollocks we deal with.
Having had some pretty shit things happen to myself and my family over the past 4-5 years I can say that persepctives certainly do change. You become more grateful for certain things, and less bothered by minor stresses. It's good to see footballers with that sort of attitude towards like, when so many of them seem wrapped up in a world of shallowness and financial superficiality. The more footballers we have like VDV, the better.

Too many people in this world have no sense of what is and is not important. Of how shit life can be to you. More worried about whether or not X Factor clashes with Strictly Come Dancing and geting annoyed if they do, rather than considering some of the real problems others are facing in life. The more people who do have that perspective makes for a better world.

Anyhow, soapbox rant over.

I suppose the point is, Rafa having it large in the King George or whatever it's called now and turning up ready for a fight on a Saturday is better than Defoe down Nolita's giving it the big "I am" and then spending his Saturday flapping his arms and getting pulled for being offside....

If they want to go and get pissed then that's not a problem with me as long as it doesnt affect their performances.

Burko said:
I suppose the point is, Rafa having it large in the King George or whatever it's called now and turning up ready for a fight on a Saturday is better than Defoe down Nolita's giving it the big "I am" and then spending his Saturday flapping his arms and getting pulled for being offside....

If they want to go and get pissed then that's not a problem with me as long as it doesnt affect their performances.

:ledley: :beer: :gio: :beer: :gazza: :beer: :bentley:

Burko said:

Maybe it's why he never lasts 90mins?

Back
Top Bottom