Just a few bits

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArtyB said:
SanDiegoYiddo said:
Erik_Edman said:
Dembele has to play 'in the pivot' (ie. in the '2' as you put it), otherwise we have no creativity and no link-up coming from centre midfield.
This. Siggy will be our advanced midfielder

Or Dempsey...
Yeah they can rotate, but i'd like to see Dempsey on the right and Siggy in the middle. Just think of Lennon off the bench in the 70th minute. Defenders would look be :jenaswtf: :jenaswtf: :mong: :goonermong:

Erik_Edman said:
Townsend still has to get some minutes this season too, lest we forget.

I do hope AVB will give Townsend a chance. Scores and assists for reserve's and looks comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Lennon will work better with Adebayor than with Defoe. It's easy to defend his crosses when you know they can't be put in high due to lack of a striker with true aerial ability. However frustrating he was against Norwich, I'd play him against Reading as we can counter more in away games and his pace is vital. FWIW, I'd stick Dempsey in behind Ade, he can be a threat both with his feet and head in the box.

Wouldn't sticking Dempsey out on the right be the same as playing VDV out there?

Playing two proper wingers in Bale and Lennon always works better I think.

Cripps14 said:
Wouldn't sticking Dempsey out on the right be the same as playing VDV out there?

Playing two proper wingers in Bale and Lennon always works better I think.

Dempsey is a little more disciplined at staying out wide and then drifting in at crucial moments for my money, in contrast to Rafa who tends to come inside and stay there when you try and play him on the right.

Against certain teams I'd try 433 instead I think. With Dempsey in place of Lennon and Sig/Dembele in the middle with Sandro or Parker.

I think it would not be ridiculous for us to see Spurs playing a more fluid formation with players inter changing positions, so Dembele could be starting off the game deep but drifting forward with Siggy dropping in to cover etc.
I think we could well see Dempsey playing wide right, but he would be perfectly comfortable switching with Siggy and dropping in just behind Ade and what have you.

Tucker said:
I think it would not be ridiculous for us to see Spurs playing a more fluid formation with players inter changing positions, so Dembele could be starting off the game deep but drifting forward with Siggy dropping in to cover etc.
I think we could well see Dempsey playing wide right, but he would be perfectly comfortable switching with Siggy and dropping in just behind Ade and what have you.

Agree. We seem to have a lot of versatility in the team and it allows for us to play like that. Obviously we can go through who should start, what formation we'll play and who will play where; but ultimately players are going to switch postions, drop in and cover during the game. I personally feel comfortable knowing that we do have the right players to play a system like that.

Smartyid said:
Having just signed up to the forum it looks as if the site has a good membership base full of 'proper' supporters, with good debates and opinion.. Hence why I chose to sign up. Not to mention the Smilies are pretty amusing :adegrin: :mong: :avbshock: < Point made :smile:

Being my first thread I thought I'd just put a few things out there that i've been mulling over myself.. (Sorry if any of the points have been covered already!)

I'll try and make it short and sweet but here are the points

- Dembele. Looks a quality player. But if we are continuing with the 4-2-3-1 like it seems we are, Does he slot straight into the 2 or does he fit into the 3?

- This relates to the first point, Do you guys think we should continue playing two holding style midfielders in the 2 like we have been?(Sandro and Livermore) or slot someone like Dembele or Hudd in there instead?

- Hugo and Brad. Who should start against Reading? If Friedel is your answer, when do you think Lloris should make his first start?

There you have it, my first post, hope it provides atleast some debate :coys:

I havent seen a huge amount of Dembele but I think he can play as the deeper midfielder and link between defence and attack. He looks like a ball carrier and physical enough to help out defensively

Definately drop Jake. Sandro or Scott as the ball winner / holding midfielder and Dembele or Hudd alongside.

I'd play Brad on Sunday and start Hugo on Thursday. It will take a while for him to adapt to the Prem and the physical side of it, i'm sure a european side would be prefered start for him.

Back
Top Bottom