Juniors kvelling thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kvelling is a Yiddish term meaning to burst with pride especially from the achievements of one's family. This is a thread for that purpose, especially for those of us who have nippers killing it in the round ball game.

I'll start: 9 yo scored a hattrick on the weekend playing wide left against 11 year olds. Said it was no big deal and he would only get excited if he scored ten. #signhimup

My 12 year old brother currently absolutely smashes it for his local side and is now playing for the junior pro elite team in London and plays against teams like Fulham and Norwich u12s.

Problem is he'll most likely end up dropping football once he's old enough to have to concentrate on his education. His mum wants him to go to Oxford for god sake.

Watching some of his games though you really see why English football is so fucked. He's really small for his age but fast, skilful and has vision. But the size difference at his age can be quite drastic and he's started to get bullied off the ball.
I don't believe kids that age should be playing so many games where winning is the only objective. They should be taught to value possession and technique. Not just hack it up to the bigger faster kids to win the game at all costs just to appease the psycho parents on the sidelines

In Australia, we don't record the results or have a league table even in under 11s. Keeps the emphasis on player development rather than the win at all costs mentality. That's the theory anyway.

Back
Top Bottom