Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If a good loan opportunity came up, and Poch okayed it, he should go.

I know that Poch likes to keep the players he likes close to the team (the Winks interview this week covered that pretty well) but if it wasn't for loans then I doubt we'd have the fabulous striker in Kane that we do now.

Onomah doesn't look good enough for the Europa League knockouts, to be quite honest. Let him play somewhere in the Championship for the rest of the season.

Sometimes I wonder if the loan system is right for some players. If we have world class training facilites and world class coaches, what value is there in sending some players to be kicked to shit and coached by someone like that geezer in the primark suit we saw today.

Onomah is confusing to watch. I see something, but not enough. Today he was awful, a lot of them where though at times. He's only 19. But at some point he needs to show that one special trate, compare Winks to him. That's his issue, he lacks a wow moment
Its not about our coaches or training facilities, training with your team mates doesn't gives that physical & mental pressures you get from playing men football, even at grassroots football it takes a season for young lads to settle into mens football, (that's why county FA;s are trying to bring in Under 19's leagues, many already have U18 Leagues)
Yes they will get kicked, but it hasn't hurt Dele has it ?, you don't just send them out to any club, you pick the coach/manager that has the same type of play as us, they won't the same coaching but they will get match time most weeks,
Winks came on this season and has grabbed the chance, but he plays deeper where its easier to play, Onomah is playing further forward where it is hard to make things happen, he need match eperiance for that he needs to play and he won't play enough games for us at the moment

I know people don't like the "ITK" stuff, but I thought that SausageVince SausageVince would be pleased to see this one. Or ArcspacE ArcspacE . I can't remember who doesn't rate him.

Anyway..

hertyid: Onomah has been such a huge disappointment to the coaching staff after his rapid rise through the development squads. I think he either loans or leaves in the summer.

Hype has got him this far.

I remember being excited about the likes of Pritchard and Onomah when I heard how good they were at a young age. I guess injuries came at the wrong time for Pritchard as we sort of out grew him last season when he really looked like he was going to be part of the squad.

I reckon Onomah probably suffered from being bigger and stronger than a lot of the kids when he was younger and now he's older, he's no longer bigger and stronger than the top professionals and hasn't really improved all that much because of it.

Sometimes I wonder if the loan system is right for some players. If we have world class training facilites and world class coaches, what value is there in sending some players to be kicked to shit and coached by someone like that geezer in the primark suit we saw today.

Onomah is confusing to watch. I see something, but not enough. Today he was awful, a lot of them where though at times. He's only 19. But at some point he needs to show that one special trate, compare Winks to him. That's his issue, he lacks a wow moment

I feel Winks is the exception rather than the rule on this one, admittedly Onomah has struggled to impress when he gets his chance but every players development is different. Winks has benefitted from a lot of minutes in a full strength Spurs team, Onomah has cameos and plays in the fully rotated squad only. Think a loan would be best if he isn't trusted to play more in a full strength XI.

Hype has got him this far.

I remember being excited about the likes of Pritchard and Onomah when I heard how good they were at a young age. I guess injuries came at the wrong time for Pritchard as we sort of out grew him last season when he really looked like he was going to be part of the squad.

I reckon Onomah probably suffered from being bigger and stronger than a lot of the kids when he was younger and now he's older, he's no longer bigger and stronger than the top professionals and hasn't really improved all that much because of it.
sometimes this is why smaller skilful kids miss out on being picked up to play in development squads, club coaches only have eyes for bigger powerful kids, seen it for years since I've coached at grassroots,

I feel Winks is the exception rather than the rule on this one, admittedly Onomah has struggled to impress when he gets his chance but every players development is different. Winks has benefitted from a lot of minutes in a full strength Spurs team, Onomah has cameos and plays in the fully rotated squad only. Think a loan would be best if he isn't trusted to play more in a full strength XI.
Winks also plays deeper so does get a little more time on the ball so it builds his confidents

I know people don't like the "ITK" stuff, but I thought that SausageVince SausageVince would be pleased to see this one. Or ArcspacE ArcspacE . I can't remember who doesn't rate him.

Anyway..
giphy.gif

Onomah-Schmonomah... I still think Oduwa is The One!

As well as Marcus Edwards of course... who really is THE ONE... the real deal!

Anyway..
"he is a noting player" a quote from number 2?

Onomah is not good enough for the first team - how can anyone make that assumption. Is he expected to be 1st team ready? He's young and learning his trade. The same people being highly critical of him, were probably slagging Kane, Bale and any other player that didn't hit the ground running. If we want instant ready made professionals then we do a Chelsea or a City and buy big. If not, we must allow younger players time and not be too hasty. I get a sense that some are sniffing success and are becoming less patient with how it is.

He's 19. We may be rushing to judgement a little early here.
With kids who make their first appearances early on in their career, people tend to forget that there are very few prospects (esp in the PL) that breakthrough at 19. Most are 21 when they start to shine. Not so long ago 19 yr olds wouldn't even feature in matchday squads except in smaller leagues (Holland and Belgium have a lot of very young players in the league). Even gooners haven't really featured very young players regularly these days.

With kids who make their first appearances early on in their career, people tend to forget that there are very few prospects (esp in the PL) that breakthrough at 19. Most are 21 when they start to shine. Not so long ago 19 yr olds wouldn't even feature in matchday squads except in smaller leagues (Holland and Belgium have a lot of very young players in the league). Even gooners haven't really featured very young players regularly these days.
Even gooners haven't really featured very young players regularly these days.

You reckon Wenger got spooked after Yewtree?

Onomah-Schmonomah... I still think Oduwa is The One!

As well as Marcus Edwards of course... who really is THE ONE... the real deal!
I like Nathan Oduwa. I think he will have a good professional career.

Onomah is shite. Hope he is sold asap. Raith Rovers(?).

Marcus Edwards needs to improve his strength massively. I actually fear it will be too big an ask. He's incredibly weak and light on the ball. I think Edwards will be a flop, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom