Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. I thought you just made a little joke on a spelling error.

And Tracy CK had a little laugh. She was being polite and so was I. I chided her gently (obviously joking) and you rode to the rescue. Let's drop it now, because you're making my head hurt.

Last edited:
Riveting stuff in here.

In regards to Onomah, he was in charge of the club snapchat today and was his usual perky self, so hopefully all that abuse he received went above his head.

Dismissing his talent at 19 is just absurd imo, especially since he's yet to play in his natural position for us. If we could get him a loan move to someone like Swansea at Xmas, I think 6 months of better opportunities could serve him well.

There's definitely a player in there.

It was lighthearted mate. And conservatory doesn't sound like cousin. Not in 10 million years of language development does is sound like fucking cousin. The rest don't worry about - I'm obviously in with the the TFC ladies - why don't you try the patient game? They giggle at the slightest thing.
I didn't think there was any regular female posters on here.
Only Ms perryman but even she doesn't post that regularly.
Its an alpha male atmosphere on here for sure.

yeah, conservatory was the best I could come up with in relation to porch.
its not an easy criteria to make a joke with to be fair.

So, in 5 years, Winks, Onomah and Dele or Edwards as the midfield 3 in a Spurs 4-3-3? That could be pretty damn tasty.
------------------Lopez-----------------
Walker---CCV-----Wimmer---Rose
------------------Dier--------------------
-----------Winks----Onomah---------
Edwards--------------------------Dele
------------------Kane-------------------

Winks is the Xavi to Onomah's Iniesta.

raw

he needs to join a championship team on loan to get match time and make him strong enough to play mens football, coming on every now and then for 5-10 mins is no good to his football education

he needs to join a championship team on loan to get match time and make him strong enough to play mens football, coming on every now and then for 5-10 mins is no good to his football education

Didn't I read Poch doesn't like loaning out young players he thinks will make it because they develop bad habits at lesser teams.

------------------Lopez-----------------
Walker---CCV-----Wimmer---Rose
------------------Dier--------------------
-----------Winks----Onomah---------
Edwards--------------------------Dele
------------------Kane-------------------

Winks is the Xavi to Onomah's Iniesta.

raw
Dele isn't a wing, he'll play along Winks in stead of Onomah

Didn't I read Poch doesn't like loaning out young players he thinks will make it because they develop bad habits at lesser teams.

The habit of playing football games? When has a player ever developed well from a bench/u23 football?

Naughton was regarded as closer to the first team than Walker if i recall correctly, and were kept inhouse while Walker went out on loan.

We've had great success with players who have developed out on loan, like Kane, Mason, Rose, Walker. Townsend's best spell with us came following a successful loan.

Onomah desperately needs regular playing time and to feel the responsibility that comes with it. From what I've seen he's a nice, skillful player, who would be great if there were no goals in football. His defensive work has been quite terrible with regards to positioning, his offensive game terrible with regards to end product. Look at the Italy clip: Maybe one creative pass. No important defensive involvements. Lots of passes lacking pace on the ball, putting the receiving team mate in trouble.

He desperately needs a loan.

not wanting to be overly critical but gliding through an u19 game against italy is not really floating my boat. I'd have been more interested to see him display some basic control, passing and shooting in his first team games for us. Other than a game against gillingham I'm yet to be impressed. He's not been getting played as a winger, but as one of our 3 attacking midfielders who tend to switch about and are quite flexible - he's not done anything to impress in the games he's had. He's young, though, so I'm sure he'll improve - but as someone else said maybe its real, competitive playing time he needs.

Back
Top Bottom