Jo Nesbø, He's a Yiddø

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

morning all....

well thanks to my neighbours next doors noisy teenage son who decided he wanted to watch some sort of action film at 7.30am today i am wake and on here, instead of snoozing off the weeks early starts with my missus.... what are teenagers like these days when they cant even be arsed to sleep in till an hour before kick off on a saturday? FFS! :mong:

anyway, as i was up early i decided to pick up my latest crime novel (instead of blasting out some 80's hip hop a la Public Enemy or the latest Chemicals album as petty revenge) :lennon: , Phantom by Jo Nesbo....

Basically its set in Oslo and the main man is the usual former drug addicted, loser in love, hard bitten detective :gio: who happens to be a Spurs fan... whats made me write is that (without spoiling) this novel keeps making me laugh... the main protagonists seem to be a bunch of east european gangsters :modric: that get kids addicted to some new drug called violin... :nawty: and then make em sell it on the streets of Oslo....... wearing Scum shirts! :bale:

I'm not going to go into it anymore (cos i havent read that far yet...) but does anyone know of any other novels where the hero is a Yiddo who makes the enemy support that lot? this is pretty much a first for me! LOL ! :baeshock:

So, do yourselves a favour, go buy Jo Nesbo books, i wouldnt recommend starting with the latest as theres a lot of back ground to this story in the earlier books... and no im not his UK publicist..... :harryblow: :levystare:

I like the random factor of this.

Only novel I've read with a Spurs connection was written by Charlie Higson called Full Whack. The protagonist is a bit nawty and a Shelf Side old timer.

The Detective Tom Thorne character (main character) in Mark Billingham's books is a yid too, that expects Spurs to lose every game. Bloody good books too....not bad for someone who was one of the idiot guards in Maid Marrion and her Merrymen.

morning all....

well thanks to my neighbours next doors noisy teenage son who decided he wanted to watch some sort of action film at 7.30am today i am wake and on here, instead of snoozing off the weeks early starts with my missus.... what are teenagers like these days when they cant even be arsed to sleep in till an hour before kick off on a saturday? FFS! :mong:

anyway, as i was up early i decided to pick up my latest crime novel (instead of blasting out some 80's hip hop a la Public Enemy or the latest Chemicals album as petty revenge) :lennon: , Phantom by Jo Nesbo....

Basically its set in Oslo and the main man is the usual former drug addicted, loser in love, hard bitten detective :gio: who happens to be a Spurs fan... whats made me write is that (without spoiling) this novel keeps making me laugh... the main protagonists seem to be a bunch of east european gangsters :modric: that get kids addicted to some new drug called violin... :nawty: and then make em sell it on the streets of Oslo....... wearing Scum shirts! :bale:

I'm not going to go into it anymore (cos i havent read that far yet...) but does anyone know of any other novels where the hero is a Yiddo who makes the enemy support that lot? this is pretty much a first for me! LOL ! :baeshock:

So, do yourselves a favour, go buy Jo Nesbo books, i wouldnt recommend starting with the latest as theres a lot of back ground to this story in the earlier books... and no im not his UK publicist..... :harryblow: :levystare:
In the algarve catching up with the latest nesbo and he has a homosexual rapist called judas. Nesbo never let's you down still chuckling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom