Jay Rodríguez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

By way of SC:

From Saints web:

To be fair, Jay has fully recovered from his knee injury and was on course to return within 6-8 weeks - well ahead of schedule. He's been working building his strength and muscle around his knee. The knee injury it's self has gone.....so it's not like they're signing a crocked player, they're signing a player who isn't fully fit as yet. I just hope we haven't agreed to let him go at a knock down price for this. Should be £20m and no less.

I will miss Jay, regulars on here will know how much I wanted that signing to happen back in the day. Utter class act of a player who stepped up a level last year.

Poorly written description of the situation, but I do hope it's true nonetheless. Does give it a bit more of a positive light, even for those already particularly excited about this transfer.

My guess is the initial fee would be cheap, and Levy has included add-ons per Jay's success as he recovers.

Last edited:
I think he'd be a good signing. Maybe not the worldy winger that we all dream of but he is definitely better than the other options that we have on the wing (Townsend, Lennon, Chadli).

I'm going to call him 'Hay Rodriguez' because I can. :adegrin2:
jr_2328611b.jpg

The more I read about him the more i'm excited about this signing (if it happens).

Southampton fans highly rate him as do many pundits. If we do see it through it could be a great signing.

Come on Danny Boy, do your stuff.:levywtf:

Very sceptical. It's ofte not a succesful when a manager who have taken a step to a bigger club brings along players. And if last years Soton squad was so good that the players will improve the first eleven of all the teams above them, Pochettino must have done a bad Job there. I don't think the latter is the case, I think the players are overestimated.

Neither Schneider's nor Rodriguez' YouTube video has impressed me. Not the players that will help us push for fourth.

Wanky little championship player who should be at Burnley IMO. Older than Chadli but, a bit like Lallana, still gets the reputation of being a kid.

And just to finish off the triumvirate of wank he looks like Wilshere and all.

rodriguez-450891.jpg
1-Jack-Wilshere.gif-427534.jpg

actually when you think about it with lamela fit if we sign jay it would balance the front three behind the striker we would finally have a natural leftsided player and lamela and jay will join the striker in the box something all of our other midfielder have failed to do and he has goals in him.

Very sceptical. It's ofte not a succesful when a manager who have taken a step to a bigger club brings along players. And if last years Soton squad was so good that the players will improve the first eleven of all the teams above them, Pochettino must have done a bad Job there. I don't think the latter is the case, I think the players are overestimated.

Neither Schneider's nor Rodriguez' YouTube video has impressed me. Not the players that will help us push for fourth.

Jay Rodriguez scored more goals that Adebayor last season.

More that Eriksen and Soldado combined...

He finished 8th top scorer in the league with only one midfielder ahead of him (Yaya).

He scored more that Van Persie as well as the raved about Hazard and Ramsey.

I say bring him in.

Levy loves a 2 for 1 deal. The benefit of Rodriguez is that he can also provide injury backup at striker without requiring us to buy another one since we'll usually be playing only one anyway. Rodriguez on the left, Lamela on the right, Eriksen at 10 and Adebayor/Soldado/(Kane?) to share duties at 9. Without Rodriguez, spread over all competitions, it would get really thin if one of our strikers is injured. Anyway, it may all be moot now so I guess we'll be looking for a wing and a striker, which is not as encouraging.

Last edited:
Guess Schneiderlin and Rodriguez were abit optimistic, considering they have sold half their team already... Let's just go after C. Ronaldo and Falcao instead :adegrin:

Back
Top Bottom