January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Off topic, but the bends is a great album. I did prefer Paranoid Android though.
Critically Paronoid Android is considered the better album , l can see
where your coming from . Personally the Bends has so many great tracks
Iron lung , High and dry , Fake plastic etc. . I would say more stand out tracks
but not as clever as Android. I find Android can be a little self indulgent for my taste .
They are both masterpieces and arguably in the top 10 albums of the 90s .

(Last purchase of vinyl for the day ,
Jeff Buckley /Grace , Joe Turner/jump blues, London Calling/Clash ,the best album cover ever )

I've not been able to follow the story too closely. I've heard his brother is in a pretty bad way though. Can't imagine what he's going through. I'd be distraught if anything happened to my little sister.
He's a right family oriented kid too, They also seem very close as brothers also. I know family is family, but you know what I mean.
His brother was kidnapped once too.

Off topic, but the bends is a great album. I did prefer Paranoid Android though.

Radiohead are brilliant, truly talented and original. When the Bends first came out I was at school and near the end of term we had music and were allowed to bring tapes or cds in to play so everyone experienced different music. I brought this in and put Just on, but my classmates were all cretins (almost certainly still are) and they couldn't stand it. Their more recent stuff takes some getting used to as it's very different but it's worth persevering with - a bit like Lamela I suppose.

I imagine the revolving door for Strikers that is East London United might go for Druissi.

Makes you wonder, when you hear about these South American 'wonderkids', what damage teams like West Ham do to them.

I dread to think what they would have done to someone like Neymar.

I quite like Ben Davies, think he's a good lad. But I am warming up to the idea of looking up another, younger natural left sided wingback.

No idea who though.
Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg?
15 goals and 25 assists from 140 Bundesliga games. Like Rose is adept at playing more advanced and like Davies can and has played centre back. Only 24 too.

15 goals and 25 assists from 140 Bundesliga games. Like Rose is adept at playing more advanced and like Davies can and has played centre back. Only 24 too.
Is he the guy who takes good free kicks?

Critically Paronoid Android is considered the better album , l can see
where your coming from . Personally the Bends has so many great tracks
Iron lung , High and dry , Fake plastic etc. . I would say more stand out tracks
but not as clever as Android. I find Android can be a little self indulgent for my taste .
They are both masterpieces and arguably in the top 10 albums of the 90s .

(Last purchase of vinyl for the day ,
Jeff Buckley /Grace , Joe Turner/jump blues, London Calling/Clash ,the best album cover ever )

Radiohead are brilliant, truly talented and original. When the Bends first came out I was at school and near the end of term we had music and were allowed to bring tapes or cds in to play so everyone experienced different music. I brought this in and put Just on, but my classmates were all cretins (almost certainly still are) and they couldn't stand it. Their more recent stuff takes some getting used to as it's very different but it's worth persevering with - a bit like Lamela I suppose.
Very much looking forward to seeing them on the Pyramid in June.

Ricardo Rodriguez is an unbelievable player and until last season I wanted him to replace Rose. Now Rose has surpassed him in my eyes and I can't see Rodriguez going anywhere to be on the bench.

His next move will be to a real big side imo.

Ricardo Rodriguez is an unbelievable player and until last season I wanted him to replace Rose. Now Rose has surpassed him in my eyes and I can't see Rodriguez going anywhere to be on the bench.

His next move will be to a real big side imo.
It's Janssen all over again. Taking a gamble from the Dutch league because it's bloody hard to convince known quality to warm the bench for Harry.

As far as what we are looking for though if we're going to play 352 or variations of 3 at the back then Rodriguez fits the bill for what are Davies' weaknesses in that system. Damn shame, really would want us to get him, sadly can see him at Pool or the scum who both need left backs.

It's Janssen all over again. Taking a gamble from the Dutch league because it's bloody hard to convince known quality to warm the bench for Harry.

As far as what we are looking for though if we're going to play 352 or variations of 3 at the back then Rodriguez fits the bill for what are Davies' weaknesses in that system. Damn shame, really would want us to get him, sadly can see him at Pool or the scum who both need left backs.

He plays in Germany.

I don't think Rodriguez has the pace or the lungs to play for Pochettino, and it doesn't matter whether that's in a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. Rose is better in every aspect except for delivery.

He plays in Germany and is regarded in the top 10 or so left full backs in world football.

He plays in Germany.

I don't think Rodriguez has the pace or the lungs to play for Pochettino, and it doesn't matter whether that's in a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. Rose is better in every aspect except for delivery.
He plays in Germany and is regarded in the top 10 or so left full backs in world football.
When I mentioned earlier his Bundesliga stats I think it was obvious I am aware of where he plays.

More so meaning that because it's not easy to lure someone to warm the bench we took a gamble on Janssen from the Dutch league.

Because we'll struggle to get quality for the same reason with Rose I think it's likely we stick with Davies (unless he wants to leave) and put up with his not as good offensive abilities.

Back
Top Bottom