January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a few interesting contracts expiring in the summer. I'd be surprised if we weren't back in for Berahino and possibly Witsel.

Also got a few big names out of contract - Robben, Ribery, Yaya Toure, Thiago Silva, Zabaleta, Ivanovic, Valencia, Pepe to name but a few. Also some Woolwich cunts.
I think Bobby Charlton is available as well.

I'd like to point out that I wasn't suggesting we sign any of the players in my second paragraph, just that I was personally interested that some big name players were out of contract soon.

I would still sign Berahino though. I'm not convinced it's been all about his attitude that has lead to his lack of games recently. There's still a good player there.

Jetro Willems is very much in the Danny Rose mould when it comes to left back and I see his contract is up in the summer. That would be a smart signing, though quite harsh on Davies, he's much more like for like with Rose.
Jetro Willems? FFS. He is absolutely awful. Can't defend, total liability. In the Danny Rose mould? More like the Alberto Moreno mould. Might as well get Jordan Lukaku in as well, another one of those left-backs who from time to time does something useful offensively, but is a total liability defensively.

If we sign Isco that could be seriously awesome. The other thing I would like is a wide, pacey attacker with more creativity than Sissoko. I get why we got him, and I also get that we overpaid because he was the last fucker on our list and it was the 11th hour. But I still think he's our weakest link, and would like to improve that.

I suspect Poch might turn Sissoko into a player who plays more centrally.
From what I've seen so far, his not quick, can't cross and can't shoot; the three qualities basically required to be a winger.
He is bullish on the ball though, which makes me want to see him partner Wanyama centrally, just to see if it would work.

We could do with targeting attacking players who can PLAY quick football. So many times we have players who try and hold the ball up and take an age to pass.

link here: Răzvan Marin, în atenția giganților din Europa » Un club și-a trimis scouterii să-l urmărească la meciul cu CFR
The romanian press speculate that the young player-Razvan Marin (20 years old ,attacking midfielder),from Viitorul Constanta,trained by Gheorghe Hagi, got attention to some important european teams ,such as Napoli,Genoa,Spurs, PSV Eindhoven who sent their scouts to watchim closely for a possible transfer.
He made already the first cap for Romania ,at his 20 years old ,playing as starter in Armenia-Romania 0-5 ,2 weeks ago, scoring the third goal ,in the minute 11.
his goal at the minute 1:58 of this video:

Last edited:
If you ask me, I have a feeling that Poch will be thinking that he's just one fantastic striker away from having the ultimate title-winning team.

We've got quality and depth in every department except up top - Janssen will be quality in future, but I think we're missing a player who can score goals with not a lot of service. We used to have that with Defoe, and Kane is too much of a Forward to be a Striker (hopefully that makes sense outside of my head).

We need a goal hanging, toe-poking, box sniffing, chance-taking motherfucker

If you ask me, I have a feeling that Poch will be thinking that he's just one fantastic striker away from having the ultimate title-winning team.

We've got quality and depth in every department except up top - Janssen will be quality in future, but I think we're missing a player who can score goals with not a lot of service. We used to have that with Defoe, and Kane is too much of a Forward to be a Striker (hopefully that makes sense outside of my head).

Personally I feel it's the more explosive small type of player we lack, I am referring to a Sanchez, KDB, Coutinho, Payet type. Lamela works hard, Eriksen is a crisp passer and Dele can score but we don't have the player that under pressure can operate between the lines or explode off their feet.

We have tidy players and in Dele a 'wild horse' but just imagine us with Sanchez or Coutinho. Kane is great and I have seen enough of Janssen that when he is fitter and better understands our system and the Prem he will do well. My concern is our AM's and how Poch ran after Isco like a teenage girl runs after Justin Bieber suggest that it's his concern as well.

Personally I feel it's the more explosive small type of player we lack, I am referring to a Sanchez, KDB, Coutinho, Payet type. Lamela works hard, Eriksen is a crisp passer and Dele can score but we don't have the player that under pressure can operate between the lines or explode off their feet.

We have tidy players and in Dele a 'wild horse' but just imagine us with Sanchez or Coutinho. Kane is great and I have seen enough of Janssen that when he is fitter and better understands our system and the Prem he will do well. My concern is our AM's and how Poch ran after Isco like a teenage girl runs after Justin Bieber suggest that it's his concern as well.

I think we have those players, we're just not using them. Seen enough from Edwards, Winks and N'Koudou that they can fit that category given a bit of game time, but they're not seeing it.

Imagine we had the below. We are top class in every position but our AM's. Sorry for putting a gooner in there but it was to make a point.

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Sanchez Couthino Payet
Kane

I think we have those players, we're just not using them. Seen enough from Edwards, Winks and N'Koudou that they can fit that category given a bit of game time, but they're not seeing it.

Winks is more a deep lying playmaker like Modric or Huddleston, Edwards in a few year could be amazing, Nkoudou is the most realistic short term option.

Can he be a cunt with a mental missus too? Step forward Mauro Icardi.

I don't agree by the way. I think we need a proper number ten. Fuck knows who.

Imagine we had the below. We are top class in every position but our AM's. Sorry for putting a gooner in there but it was to make a point.

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Sanchez Couthino Payet
Kane

I'd prefer KDB or Mane to Coutinho who I've never been too impressed with. However, I think you're being harsh on our players. Son was on fire on the left - Poch should've kept him there in my opinion as he's definitely not a striker. Also Lamela, Eriksen and Alli were amongst the best AMs in the league last year and I'm sure they're having a slight dip in form which happens to every player in the league (bar Toby).

I'd prefer KDB or Mane to Coutinho who I've never been too impressed with. However, I think you're being harsh on our players. Son was on fire on the left - Poch should've kept him there in my opinion as he's definitely not a striker. Also Lamela, Eriksen and Alli were amongst the best AMs in the league last year and I'm sure they're having a slight dip in form which happens to every player in the league (bar Toby).

Wasn't saying they where bad and Son has been good but in every other position I find it hard to see how we can improve, not many DM's better than Waynama, not many CB's better than Toby, not many strikers better than Kane. Our AM's can be improved or as players they can improve themselves.

We improve our AM's even just one top draw player like Isco comes in and we are close to complete as a team.

We ain't getting Isco.
The chance was in the summer when it was looking like he was not going to feature much & was unsettled. That ship has sailed...along with the £30 million spent on that big useless looking lump Sissoko. I think we just have to let Poch work with him, as frustrating as it seems at present, because I genuinely can't see big money players coming in during the January window. I live in hope, but...:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom