January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was Real Madrid of course there is an abundance of talent in their B team , they were playing a team who are about as good as Stevenage and had a 5 goal lead from the first leg all the players looked good but most of them won't make it at the top. Because you stand out at 17 doesn't mean you will at 19 or 22 , I will give this child his stripes if he earns them seen dozens of these so called wonder kids over the years and most struggle.
Much like Edwards did against Gillingham?

As I said, writing him off is premature. That's not a mental opinion. I'd say it's pretty fair.

Much like Edwards did against Gillingham?

As I said, writing him off is premature. That's not a mental opinion. I'd say it's pretty fair.

Exactly the same as Edwards and Reece Oxford and this new Liverpool wonder child right now they are non entities in the game and have a long way to climb up the ladder.

Personally I think he's got no hope of making it at Real Madrid and a commercial signing is exactly what it was. Writing him off is no dumber than all the fanboys trying to hype up a completely unproven player.

Fucking hate The Sun and their clickbait nonsense. Wrong about Kane?!? Who do they target next at Spurs for a move....

HU-GOING, HU-GOING, HU-GONE?
Sticking with The Sun, and they have another transfer exclusive as the horrible reality of the January window looms.

Tottenham might have signed almost all of their squad to new contracts this season, but one man who has not extended terms at White Hart Lane is Hugo Lloris. And the north Londoners ‘fear he will leave’ at the end of the season.

It is reported that, with PSG and Real Madrid circling, the Frenchman’s future relies on Champions League qualification. With Tottenham currently fifth, that is in no way guaranteed.

The 29-year-old does still have two-and-a-half years left on his deal, but Spurs have a list of two potential replacements, just in case.

The first is Joe Hart, which makes sense for two of the three parties involved. Tottenham get a decent keeper, Hart gets a great move. But Manchester City would surely not be interested in strengthening a rival?

The other is Jordan Pickford of Sunderland. The 22-year-old has looked excellent for David Moyes’ side, but that is quite the step up.

Still, it all relies on Lloris leaving in the summer, which is by no means certain.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hugo leaves. He's easily one of the top 5 keepers in the world and he deserves some club level success which he isn't guaranteed here. I don't see it being in January however.

If Koeman lets Barkley go, they'll probably sack him.

I'd rather we just started using Onomah, Winks and Edwards more and developing them as the next big things. Instead of wasting money on Barkley who wouldn't even start in our team.

Back
Top Bottom