January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really think we need new players, we just need our current players fit and playing better than they are. Toby, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Alli and Kane all to have a run of games at full health this year.

I hear what your saying and agree to a certain extent, But even with everyone fit and on form, I feel we are 1 creative player away from seriously challenging for the title or battling it out for top 4.
Isco please.... :sonhmm:

I hear what your saying and agree to a certain extent, But even with everyone fit and on form, I feel we are 1 creative player away from seriously challenging for the title or battling it out for top 4.
Isco please.... :sonhmm:
Isco is on fire right now and Real are in the middle of an injury crisis, he's not going anywhere.

Re: earlier discussions.,Ødegaard apparently had a good game tonight, only watched some highlights. Enzo Zidane scored in his first game for Real Madrid's first team!

You have already said that you have almost not watched him, and how could you? There is no reason why you should watch the Norwegian Tippeliga (Premier League), the Norwegian teams (why should anyone else than Norwegians watch them, they are dreadful) and Castilla (for people very much in a sub-group of Norwegian football fans OR Real Madrid fans). That was my surprise at how it's possible to write him off. Because most would not have had the chance to watch him at all.

So, back on track to discussion. I agree, regarding Perez, what they did was wrong. And I believe he would have done it better at Ajax, PSV or Bayern short term. Long term? We'll see. He's again showing signs that he is developing his game further. You cannot put him in the same bracket as Pennant or Bostock, really not. Not even Edwards, who has almost never played vs grownups. The hype was too much though, of course, out of proportion.

Despite all this, I believe, based on having watched him closely since he started, that he is a special talent who will develop into a very good player.
Remember those that said Odegaard was done for?

Remember those that said Odegaard was done for?

Indeed. It wasn't a huge surprise that Zidane gave him a new chance after playing very well for Castilla. People forgot about him, because most people don't watch the Real M reserves, understandably. He has had some rough times, which is normal when you leave your country at a young age, but the talent was never gone, in the Norwegian media there has been little worry. There will be quite a time before we see him again, maybe a loan in January?

and he's 17. T
22e3f61753312edc0b1d926b7c1e3a018fda21535b6aeb570ba14e3a9b74e91a.jpg

Wow how empty is thier stadium!

So they play the kids in Copa del Rey the same as all teams do here in the League Cup. Wounder if Zidane gets called out for not taking cups seriously?
They play the kids in the earliest rounds because they're virtually guaranteed to win. They wouldn't do that against the likes of Barca, Atleti, Sevilla, or Bilbao. I think it's more like the FA Cup, the big English clubs will play kids in the early stages against MK Dons or something but against another top team they'll play a strong team.

He's just another prospect playing for Real Madrid, 4 or 5 good touches against a nothing side proves what? , the latest fanboys fancy. At least wait until he actually does something meaningful at some level of football before you declare yourself correct.
I'm not saying I'm correct, I'm saying writing off a 17 year old as a ''commercial signing'' or ''the new Freddie Adu'' was beyond premature. Did you watch the game? He was brilliant. There's definitely an abundance of talent, up to him if he achieves what he can as he's got all the resources in the world to become great. Zidane seems to be more willing than previous Real managers to reward the squad/youngsters.

I'm not saying I'm correct, I'm saying writing off a 17 year old as a ''commercial signing'' was beyond premature. Did you watch the game? He was brilliant. There's definitely an abundance of talent, up to him if he achieves what he can as he's got all the resources in the world to become great. Zidane seems to be more willing than previous Real managers to reward the squad/youngsters.

It was Real Madrid of course there is an abundance of talent in their B team , they were playing a team who are about as good as Stevenage and had a 5 goal lead from the first leg all the players looked good but most of them won't make it at the top. Because you stand out at 17 doesn't mean you will at 19 or 22 , I will give this child his stripes if he earns them seen dozens of these so called wonder kids over the years and most struggle.

Back
Top Bottom