January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How would people feel if we went back in for Zaha? Especially considering our lack of pace and relatively predictable style of play?

How would people feel if we went back in for Zaha? Especially considering our lack of pace and relatively predictable style of play?
I'd take Zaha in a heartbeat, he's been the only bright spark for Palace this season and we desperately need a wide player. Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Son all like the play inside and we can be so narrow. £15-18 million realistically price tag wise, otherwise i think we should look elsewhere

I'd wager that both Sissoko and Son will go next summer. Son was a few inches away from moving this summer, don't think he's going to cut it for us.

Most likely Carroll will go. Sissoko might if he doesn't Buck up his ideas.

Really hope we go for Coric in Jan, Isco boat has probably sailed.

Most likely Carroll will go. Sissoko might if he doesn't Buck up his ideas.

Really hope we go for Coric in Jan, Isco boat has probably sailed.
Coric seems nice and all, but we need someone to come in and perform. Enough of these players might-be transfers, get someone who has performed consistently over more than a season

I'd wager that both Sissoko and Son will go next summer. Son was a few inches away from moving this summer, don't think he's going to cut it for us.

Son has been our best creative player this year, he's been one of the best performers for us and without him we'd be worse off. He's got to work on his consistency but he's 24 so I think he can with regular game time in the same position. I don't think we should be looking to sell him.

Shearer's comments seemed rather accurate to me. None of our signings have improved the first team whereas competitors for top 4 have done so. Puts a lot of strain on the same lot as last year to replicate their form.

Coric seems nice and all, but we need someone to come in and perform. Enough of these players might-be transfers, get someone who has performed consistently over more than a season
Those types cost £££ in wages that we're not at present willing to agree to.

Sissoko was meant to be exactly that type of player. Not working out too well right at the minute.

Son has been our best creative player this year, he's been one of the best performers for us and without him we'd be worse off. He's got to work on his consistency but he's 24 so I think he can with regular game time in the same position. I don't think we should be looking to sell him.
Well since we have nearly zero creativity that's like having crumpet once every 6 months .
He's been shit 80% of the time . I'm not sure to sell him or not as the people making the buying
decisions are more bollocked up the junction fuckwits than Donny barnet Trump .

Last edited:
Hirving Lozano: "I am impatient to reach Europe"

14799412151722.jpg

http://www.marca.com/futbol/mexico/2016/11/23/58361c3a468aeb46598b45c4.html

Young, Cheap, Potential, Fast, Aggressive.

'Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino wants a player like Liverpool's Sadio Mane
Argentine coach wants to add a direct attacking option before transfer window closes.'

Get it done.

Sell
Sissoko
Jassen
Son
Clinton

It is time to cash out now, rather than watch their transfer values sink

Buy, a right footed senior defender as cover for alderweireld .

There's no point gambling on expensive attacking players now, we just need to stick with what we have.

Hirving Lozano: "I am impatient to reach Europe"

14799412151722.jpg

http://www.marca.com/futbol/mexico/2016/11/23/58361c3a468aeb46598b45c4.html

Young, Cheap, Potential, Fast, Aggressive.

'Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino wants a player like Liverpool's Sadio Mane
Argentine coach wants to add a direct attacking option before transfer window closes.'

Get it done.

As impressive as he looks in that video, how would he cope in a team that doesn't attack so fast but needs to play 40 square passes just outside the box?

Back
Top Bottom