January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have to buy cover for Bale, Lennon, Adebayor, Dempsey, Vertonghen, Defoe, Dembele, BAE, Dawson, Lloris, Brad, Gomes, Cudicini, Sandro, Parker and Walker....each of whom are out for at least a month.

Anyone think Porto will be willing to sell Moutinho in January? Going by the stories terms seemed to eventually be sorted out.

Not signing him put a big dampener on deadline day for me but slowly getting over it, we certainly lacked a creative cutting edge on Saturday.

( p.s when is this baby getting stickied? :ossie: )

Well all the ITKs are now admitting they were not the real thing and they all seem to be 18 year olds. Looks like we need to make some new ITK accounts.

I might make one focused on Woolwich and get them all excited just to let them down/

Freudlyuchenko said:
Well all the ITKs are now admitting they were not the real thing and they all seem to be 18 year olds. Looks like we need to make some new ITK accounts.

Can you post the admissions please?

Just want to know which of them I should mentally vent my anger on the most.

Forget Moutinho, we should sign Pirmin Schwegler.

nerd_glasses.jpg

Andre Villas-Boas is confident Michael Dawson will 'come good' after challenging the Tottenham Hotspur defender to force his way back into the team.

Dawson was named club captain over the summer following Ledley King's retirement, but he appeared set to leave White Hart Lane after an offer was accepted from Queens Park Rangers.

The centre-half failed to agree a deal to move to Loftus Road and he was also linked with Stoke City and Sunderland before the close of the transfer window.

The 28-year-old has yet to make the bench for Spurs so far this season and, following an injury to Younes Kaboul, is now fourth choice in Villas-Boas' plans.

Villas-Boas has spoken to Dawson about the situation and he is not expecting any issues with the player's desire to fight for his place.

"We have chatted," said the Spurs boss. "There is extreme competition for that central defence position.

"Younes' operation will take him out for three to four months and it is up to Michael to compete.

"I'm sure he will come good. He is an extremely good professional and a club captain. He is looking forward to getting back into the team."

Back
Top Bottom