Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:dembele::vertna::vert:

ClQsXzx.png

Vertonghen on his future/transfer :

"I feel fitter than ever before. But most of all, I'd like to reach the top with Tottenham. I'm good at Spurs. The closer you get to the top, the less idols you have and the fewer clubs you dream."

Yiddo! So happy that he's back to being our Super Jan. He's an important part of this team.

4 months out is only a rough estimate

He has to have another scan but certainly out of the rest of the Euros

I read somewhere we were better defensively when Toby and Kev played together. This isn't a slight on Jan, but he's definitely up to the job.
I actually think Wimmer is a better defender but Verts is the superior football player as he has more pace, his technical skills are quite stunning for a CB (especially in the PL where most central defenders are so complete and utter shite ) and range of passing/shooting is a lot bigger

But we might be calmer at the back with Wimmer, even if i would chose to play Vertonghen over Wimmer any day. And it worries me a bit that Wimmer wasnt even first choice for Austria

Back
Top Bottom