James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% spot on mate.

Watch him live it's even more glaring, prances about like he's god's gift but does fuck all to warrant the arrogance he has.

I've seen fans turn on much better players for less which boggles the mind.

Lo Celso has proven he's better than him when he's played but our blinkered fans will take a player who was relegated last season over a player that has won trophies for his nation and was a key man for Villareal making it to the semi's of the CL, he doesn't do a darts celebration though or talk a good game so he's clearly inferior to the golden No 10.

............He has?

JM - Previous 3 EPL seasons:
Apps 31 / Goals 8 / Asst 5
Apps 35 / Goals 12 / Asst 8
Apps 30 / Goals 10 / Asst 9

96 games = 30 G / 22 A

vs

GLC - Villareal - 2 loans:
La Liga - Apps 38 / Goals 3 / Asst 4
CL - Apps 6 / Goals 0 / Asst 0
Conf Lg - Apps 5 / Goals 0 / Asst 0
Copa America 2021:
Apps 6 / Goals 0 / Asst 0
Spurs EPL - 4 seasons:
Apps 73 / Goals 3 / Asst 5

128 games = 6 G / 9 A

..............The "proof" isn't particularly compelling.

I don't think he's been shite. We aren't getting any creative input/product from any of the other de facto midfielders charged with providing some - Sarr, Bentancur, Udogie, Porro.

I don't think he's ever been the spunkbread some thought he was/is before we signed him, but he's done OK, and putting it all on him is bullshit too. Same with Bissouma, who's generally kept doing similar things.

Much bigger culprits are the inept forward group, whoever has occupied the other 8 remit (Sarr, Bentancur) not providing much creation and productivity, and the two FB's have largely contributed very little in a creative sense for months (and neither are brilliant box defenders either).

Last edited:
I don't think he's been shite. We aren't getting any creative input/product from any of the other defect midfielders charged with providing some - Sarr, Bentancur, Udogie, Porro.

I don't think he's ever been the spunkbread some thought he was/is before we signed him, but he's done OK, and putting it all on him is bullshit too. Same with Bissouma, who's generally kept doing similar things.

Much bigger culprits are the inept forward group, whoever has occupied the other 8 remit (Sarr, Bentancur) not providing much creation and productivity, and the two FB's have largely contributed very little in a creative sense for months (and neither are brilliant box defenders either).
i think sarr will go up levels with his creative input once the front 3 gets sorted. the kid can pick a pass and can whip a good ball in. his crossing has gone under the radar so far...maybe because theres fuck all in the box to make it count.

Watch him live it's even more glaring, prances about like he's god's gift but does fuck all to warrant the arrogance he has.

I've seen fans turn on much better players for less which boggles the mind.
Here we have our own Rashford, a streaky arrogant English 'star' player who turns up when he feels like. Get someone in to threaten his place in the team as soon as possible for his and our good

............He has?

JM - Previous 3 EPL seasons:
Apps 31 / Goals 8 / Asst 5
Apps 35 / Goals 12 / Asst 8
Apps 30 / Goals 10 / Asst 9

96 games = 30 G / 22 A

vs

GLC - Villareal - 2 loans:
La Liga - Apps 38 / Goals 3 / Asst 4
CL - Apps 6 / Goals 0 / Asst 0
Conf Lg - Apps 5 / Goals 0 / Asst 0
Copa America 2021:
Apps 6 / Goals 0 / Asst 0
Spurs EPL - 4 seasons:
Apps 73 / Goals 3 / Asst 5

128 games = 6 G / 9 A

..............The "proof" isn't particularly compelling.

Worst season in the last 4 once he arrived here then?

The best football we have played recently is when Kulusevski has played at 10. Maddison is either still carrying injury or not as good as I thought he was. Keeps looking for free kicks, doesn't set up anything. Hopefully buy a couple of top attacking mids in next window.

Back
Top Bottom