Is the Tottenham Hotspur Hall of Fame credible without Jimmy Greaves?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing about him never having been back to the Lane since 1970 is also a myth. Not only did he do TV work & return for the Bill Nick memorial, he also had a testimonial in 1972 & played in a testimonial in 1976-1977 (Jennings ?) that i attended. He was still good!

Has to be in the HoF though.
It was Pat Jennings Testimonial.And he scored twice.
I didn't go.My dad hadn't been to the lane since le arse beat us in 71 and the trouble he witnessed that day put him off going for 5 years.He used Pats game as a tester
Whilst I understand his reasoning, I still regret to this day not going and seeing Jimmy Greaves.
My first game was not long after this v Stoke :)

417tN0th0bL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Anyone else think that the club are getting their act together more than just on the field.? The social media side has also improved a lot.

The minute they inducted Steffen Freund the thing became a joke, this makes it less of a joke.

Can we we him an expulsion from the Hall of fame?

In Jimmy's defence when he played for Spurs it was a different era. The comments he made would seem more innocent to player from that generation. The rivalry only got silly in the 70's and 80's when going to a game became as much about mindless violence as it did about cheering on your local team. My dad and my uncle went to shit loads of games together in the 60's the fans where less segregated and it wasn't unusual to have Chelski supporters or gooners sat in the home end and vice versa. Not saying there wasn't a rivalry but it was far less heated. Fans didn't shout as much abuse at the oppo and there was far less hatred in the game then. That's why you would never get a moden day football saying things like that (ie Henry prasing spurs on tele) he's been on the end of abuse from our fans and the backlash he would get from gooners would be massive. I don't think we should take those comments as a dig at the club more a naivety of someone being honest form a time where honesty wasn't you being disloyal. Most footballers just say shit they don't mean so they don't get shit from fans anyway.

I don't care about his comments, his bitterness or his alcoholism.

He was one of the 'greats'!

The best striker I have ever seen in my 55 years of watching football and it was a privilege
to have seen him play.

:bow::bow::bow:
:coys:

Greaves will not be at the event, assume as he is still has not recovered enough from his recent stroke. I am absolutely gutted that I won't be around when this is on, sod's bloody law!!
Oh.... and about time too!

Just bump this thread as Greaves & Perryman are inducted into Hall of Fame tonight.

Greave's agent has gone into full blown sales mode on this and has been pre-selling signed shirts, retro footballs for past couple of weeks. Kind of devalues and cheapens the whole thing, lacks class. But hey hoo.

Delighted for Perryman, hope this brings him closer to the club again.

Just bump this thread as Greaves & Perryman are inducted into Hall of Fame tonight.

Greave's agent has gone into full blown sales mode on this and has been pre-selling signed shirts, retro footballs for past couple of weeks. Kind of devalues and cheapens the whole thing, lacks class. But hey hoo.

Delighted for Perryman, hope this brings him closer to the club again.

Is it under the pretence of making money for Greaves recovery fund?

Back
Top Bottom