Is Gareth Bale a Spurs legend?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gareth Bale a Spurs legend?

• Yes

Votes: 68 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters
I was going to say know because of the way he left and how only a few years he was here did he show what he was capable of.

But then I thought about how was at the Lane that night when we beat the reigning CL champions and we were shouting "Taxi for Maicon" Moments like that, the hat-trick at the San Siro where we lost but came away feeling we'd won. That goal against West Ham where I jumped off my bed and went fucking mental. He may have not trained at the end but we fucking loved watching him play and he gave his all every game.

I was going to say know because of the way he left and how only a few years he was here did he show what he was capable of.

But then I thought about how was at the Lane that night when we beat the reigning CL champions and we were shouting "Taxi for Maicon" Moments like that, the hat-trick at the San Siro where we lost but came away feeling we'd won. That goal against West Ham where I jumped off my bed and went fucking mental. He may have not trained at the end but we fucking loved watching him play and he gave his all every game.

This is very true, his workrate was fantastic.

Think the path his career took whilst he was with us was a wonderful thing to behold, watching him turn from talented but timid left back to all out monster number 10 was amazing and something I can't think of another player with a similar path. Individual moments like the Milans, goals against Woolwich and winning the player of the year award twice when he was with us was something I can't really imagine happening again. I'd say if he isn't classed as a legend we aren't going to see another in the next 20 years, think also he did stay with us for one more season when he 'didn't need to'.

What is this bollocks? He wasn't here long enough to be a legend. A legend (Ledley King for example) bleeds for the club. Bale was a great player for us & made spurs look better while he was on top form. But legend? He is 25(?) & went AWOL when Madrid came knocking. Do I blame him? No. Is he a legend? No.

I've never met him so I can't comment on his personality
He lived in Repton Park. Across Claybury Park from me. I saw him running to work a few times & bumped into him buying a lotto ticket in Woodford. He is only a cunt cos he went to our sister club. As a bloke, he seems well down to earth. I just wonder what we could have built around a player of that substance. Hey ho, Paulinho...just for me mate Clashy: ostrich:

People mention it time after time, but imo, this word truly is overused.

To keep it as simple as possible ... A legend is someone who is synonymous with the club.
Is Bale that fella? I really don't know. Right now, to me (and to most of the world), he's known more as a Madrid Galatico, than an ex-Yiddo.

Let me ask this question: Do United fans consider Ronaldo a true legend of their club?
Yes, you will see both sides of the debate. But I have more often seen views against, rather than for that statement. Ronaldo will just never be like Giggs.

I mean, I absolutely adore Bale.
Honestly speaking - me being a relatively new fan, one of the reasons why I fell in love with Spurs had to do with Bale. He indeed gave us glory-glory nights and brilliant memories that will forever stay with me, but idk ... for me, it's just too early to consider him a proper Spurs legend. He's just not like our King (yet). Maybe as times passes on - or even better yet, if Bale returns to Spurs one day - I'll (and we all will) readily and truly accept that notion. But right now, he's just a world class player that used to wear the lily-white, whom I loved watching.

He'll go down as one of the greats and we're lucky to have seen him in the shirt, but that doesn't make him a legend of this club. He had a season and a half with us as a proper player and as fond as he/we might remember that time, it's a footnote I his career.

Only way he'll be a great imo is if he gives us another stint in his swan song.

Without a doubt a spurs legend. Ultimately he left us for one of the best clubs in the world, can we really complain that he wanted to leave for Madrid? No. He wasn't Tottenham through and through like King. But they are rare to come by.

Bale achieved the champions league first season at Madrid. If Bale was not at Madrid this year, they wouldn't have won what they did. With Bale, he is in the bracket of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez in the way they can change a game at any time because they're that good. I don't remember a player for Tottenham like that and for what he did at the time here he can only be considered a legend. We have other players we consider legends that played a lot less and did not accomplish more.

He's a legend, be happy for him he is doing what he wanted to do and accomplishing what we couldn't sadly offer.

A shame, but a legend.

I think he's a great player who brought us some legendary moments. The games against Inter, the goal v West Ham and a couple of other stunning goals.

But for me to be a legend you have to represent the club for a long long time, someone like Bill Nic or Steve Perryman.

Without a doubt a spurs legend. Ultimately he left us for one of the best clubs in the world, can we really complain that he wanted to leave for Madrid? No. He wasn't Tottenham through and through like King. But they are rare to come by.

Bale achieved the champions league first season at Madrid. If Bale was not at Madrid this year, they wouldn't have won what they did. With Bale, he is in the bracket of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez in the way they can change a game at any time because they're that good. I don't remember a player for Tottenham like that and for what he did at the time here he can only be considered a legend. We have other players we consider legends that played a lot less and did not accomplish more.

He's a legend, be happy for him he is doing what he wanted to do and accomplishing what we couldn't sadly offer.

A shame, but a legend.
Yes we can complain that he left us for Madrid. Our true legends didn't do that and if they moved on it was after making their mark at Tottenham over many seasons and helping us win trophies.

Back
Top Bottom