Injuries. WHY?!?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always wonder with training ground goals, whether the GK's are told to 'go easy' in order to give strikers confidence... and if so, is this counter productive, as it will make them (Kane) feel like they ae better than they actually are!!

...so no then, the GK's probably don't go easy!
Jordan Archer's gash isn't he!!!??

Yup, Like I said in the Summer Transfer thread, players are initially assessed and supposed to be out for 3-4 weeks, end up being 3-4 months. What the fuck are they doing?

Just some examples of the 'modern' equipment used to heal our players!!
A-Creepy-Medical-Tour-Of-The-Past14.jpeg

" Just because we take our time getting fit again"!
article-2350131-1A8ABFFA000005DC-660_634x505.jpg

" This is so I can practice staying on my feet for 90 mins"
article-2350131-1A8A5F55000005DC-784_634x464.jpg

"Boys this is what it feels like being fully fit and playing against those European clubs"

Last edited:
If we must change physio can we bring in that fit bird currently at Chelsea? At least then noone will want our new physio replaced and this thread can die a death.

Our squad seems to have a one in one out policy at the moment. We finally get vertonghen back an now chiriches is out for 6 fucking weeks. Lennon back to fitness and lamela out for god knows how long. Capoue back, Sandro out. Can anyone tell me when we were last able to field a truly fully strength first 11. I think it was some time in 2009

The mystery surrounding injuries is interesting to me. In the NFL, a player gets hurt and they've got bone structure graphics showing EXACTLY what's happened, a doctor talking about recovery, a player talking about his experience with it, yadda yadda...

BPL?

Thigh Injury...
Knee Injury...
Knock...

Wtf? No wonder everyone's pissed.

The mystery surrounding injuries is interesting to me. In the NFL, a player gets hurt and they've got bone structure graphics showing EXACTLY what's happened, a doctor talking about recovery, a player talking about his experience with it, yadda yadda...

BPL?

Thigh Injury...
Knee Injury...
Knock...

Wtf? No wonder everyone's pissed.
I suspect the lack of info and generic descriptions is largely not to give the opposition any insights. Also, perhaps making an injury public may lower a players value when they are to be sold.
Having said that when info is released everyone becomes an expert, just look at the Lloris head injury, in the press for weeks. When Rooney broke a metatarssel, 99% of the football world in England spoke of nothing else, no one had ever heard of a metatarssel. On reflection I prefer "a knock".

Back
Top Bottom