In Recognition of Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Yesterday Michael Dawson made his anticipated £6m move to Hull City. He leaves a legacy spanning over nine-and-a-half years making 324 appearances for Spurs, first as vice captain and then club captain since Ledley King’s retirement in 2012. He casts a long shadow at Tottenham and his commitment over the years will live long in the memory.

Read article

Legend in my book. Not always the most gifted player technically, lack of pace etc. but no one could beat him in the air on his day, and every player should aspire to his standard of commitment to the shirt. Not enough players like this in the modern day.

Good luck Daws

Very good on aerial duels,defender,that british style of playing, a lot of time he played for Spurs,maybe he will regain strenghts at Hull,another motivation for himself ,good luck for him there…to win everything he want,just not against Spurs…for sure :)

One of the most likeable people who have put on the shirt, his commitment and love for the club knew no bounds. He played his heart out every game. A genuine man and I really hope he has a successful career with Hull. Good luck Daws and a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Yesterday Michael Dawson made his anticipated £6m move to Hull City. He leaves a legacy spanning over nine-and-a-half years making 324 appearances for Spurs, first as vice captain and then club captain since Ledley King’s retirement in 2012. He casts a long shadow at Tottenham and his commitment over the years will live long in the memory.

Read article

Read article
Love the line, he was the best footballer he could be. That for me sums Daws up.
One of my Tottenham Hero's was/is Paul Miller. Was he a superb football playing Centre-Half? Was he f**k! Did he give, and was he 100% Spurs every single time he wore the shirt? Abso-fu**ing-lutely he did/was!
Just like Daws. An unfortunate rare breed today. And its that, that makes Daws unique and therefore, for me makes Michael Dawson a Tottenham Hotspur Legend.
Michael Dawson a Spurs Legend.

Nobody has talked more constant shit about Dawson than you.

thats kinda the joke mate. Can respect him as an individual but tbh never really rated him, even in his prime..
as a player glad to see him go, wouldnt mind seeing him back working with the youth team or in the coaching set up going forward..

Back
Top Bottom