In defence of the defence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No no no no.

You start talking up Rose because we only gave one goal away? Our center backs were absolutely IMMENSE and that was because Naughton and Rose waved through danger and cross after cross after cross. In the middle we are solid.

Rose, Naughton and Lennon are liabilities off the ball. They are the reason Kaboul looked good because he was given WAY TOO MUCH to do because of the wide open flanks. It's very dangerous to think we are getting better. If we continue with these players on the flanks, no matter who you put there are going to have a NIGHTMARE in the middle. From every aspect of the game, he is a bad defender apart from pace.

Danny Rose is a winger.

If we have more solid players on our wings, we will reap the rewards. Over the past year Kaboul and Jan have been through the mixer with these wingers oleying everything through. Talk about defending practice! They will be perfect!

Last edited:
No no no no.

You start talking up Rose because we only gave one goal away? Our center backs were absolutely IMMENSE and that was because Naughton and Rose waved through danger and cross after cross after cross. In the middle we are solid.

Rose, Naughton and Lennon are liabilities off the ball. They are the reason Kaboul looked good because he was given WAY TOO MUCH to do because of the wide open flanks. It's very dangerous to think we are getting better. If we continue with these players on the flanks, no matter who you put there are going to have a NIGHTMARE in the middle. From every aspect of the game, he is a bad defender apart from pace.

Danny Rose is a winger.
If you're saying that Rose/Naughton haven't improved under Pochettino, you definitely haven't seen our games

If you're saying that Rose/Naughton haven't improved under Pochettino, you definitely haven't seen our games

It's not like we've been fucking great is it? Go and look at all goals we concede. Do the same for last season too.

Isn't this the worst start since Ramos? We won despite Naughton. He got sent off in our opener. Solid as a rock!

And even if they do improve its not good enough. They got voted as worst players of the season often. It's not like they will improve to anything worth a damn. I can't wait for Yedlin or Walker to play, and the sooner Davies is a regular, the easier our CB's can breathe.

ANYTHING but Rose and Naughton at the back. I'd play an unproven yank I've never seen play over nailed on mediocrity.

Last edited:
gibbs131
i think that its fair to say that dRose is now a fullback. he has played FB now how many seasons ?
you cant argue about that.
if he'd be any better being a winger, dontcha think he would already play there. it's damn obvious.
im now starting to think you dont watch games, because aint nobody gonna argue about rose being a defender. also why you always fight?
statistically..you are like the only one who thinks he has not improved. so who is wrong ?
the universe or you ?

gibbs131
i think that its fair to say that dRose is now a fullback. he has played FB now how many seasons ?
you cant argue about that.
if he'd be any better being a winger, dontcha think he would already play there. it's damn obvious.
im now starting to think you dont watch games, because aint nobody gonna argue about rose being a defender. also why you always fight?
statistically..you are like the only one who thinks he has not improved. so who is wrong ?
the universe or you ?

It was Sherwood that swapped him to be a defender.

Sherwood is insane.

IMO Rose has the best cross out of our wingbacks, and he's learned enough in the last year to not be a liability as much as Lennon, Townsend and Eriksen if he is played there. Much better suited to be away from our danger zone. There is no better way to say it, but he's so fucking thick he's a danger to himself and others in defense. He daydreams more than any player I've seen.

He gets players sent off, hospital balls, plays people onside and he goes forward waaaaaay to often. Plus he compounds us from crosses and defending corners etc. He does not even use his pace very well.

Last edited:
BTW I think his slight improvement vs the scum was the fact that he was made a left back, and not a left wing back. So he was present more often.

It was Sherwood that swapped him to be a defender.

Sherwood is insane.

IMO Rose has the best cross out of our wingbacks, and he's learned enough in the last year to not be a liability as much as Lennon, Townsend and Eriksen if he is played there. Much better suited to be away from our danger zone. There is no better way to say it, but he's so fucking thick he's a danger to himself and other in defense. He daydreams more than any player I've seen.
in the meanwhile, lil Timmy wasnt Sunderlands manager while dRose was there. as i recall correctly, he has played LB in the first team & sunderland for 4 years. yet only you seem to belive hes wrongly positioned. i dont even care who first tried him at LB, he seems perfectly fine with his position, every manager have utilised him there. HE IS A LEFT BACK.

also, i admire you now, it took how long to respond ? 11 seconds ? are you bored ? how old are you ? 6, that would explain how you always have time to post here, as you dont go to school yet.

ArcspacE ArcspacE
but then again, why would a Millwall fan argue about Tottenham so passionately ? but you got a point, for a totnum fan, he seems to lack proper footballing knowledge about us.

He's not a Spurs fan - no one can be this thick and make such observations if supposedly they were watching our games. He's a vile troll and a fantasist mouth-breather. Elimination is the only solution here, afaic.

Rose was voted Sunlun's player of the season too - this cunt knows no shame really

in the meanwhile, lil Timmy wasnt Sunderlands manager while dRose was there. as i recall correctly, he has played LB in the first team & sunderland for 4 years. yet only you seem to belive hes wrongly positioned. i dont even care who first tried him at LB, he seems perfectly fine with his position, every manager have utilised him there. HE IS A LEFT BACK.

also, i admire you now, it took how long to respond ? 11 seconds ? are you bored ? how old are you ? 6, that would explain how you always have time to post here, as you dont go to school yet.

They almost got relegated. Sherwood made him a wingback before that loan.
Sherwood:

"Don't forget that Danny's only been a left-back for a few seasons. I had a chat with him probably three or four years ago and said that, in my opinion, if he was going to play at the top level in the Premier League, he needed to switch his position to play left-back. At first he was a little apprehensive but he's bought into it.
Read more at http://talksport.com/football/forge...ep-faith-rose-14050690043#5YtQDcuJvwPSUBv1.99

Siggy: Just because Arcspace and a few others constantly talk shit about me, there is no need to pile on. Arcspace has been trying to get me sin binned all week. Don't buy into him starting shitfests constantly.

He's not interested in Danny Rose. Check this thread. It's all just aimed at me.

IMO if he gets sin binned for off topic abuse, it would be comedy gold and the ultimate backfire.

Last edited:
He's not a Spurs fan - no one can be this thick and make such observations if supposedly they were watching our games. He's a vile troll and a fantasist mouth-breather. Elimination is the only solution here, afaic.

Rose was voted Sunlun's player of the season too - this cunt knows no shame really

You are the one who deserves to be binned. You trying to get me sin binned and ignoring thread topics is a shitty snitch move.

You offer nothing but abuse. At least I talk spurs and back it up with real events.

Vote for Arcspace to be binned please. It will be comdedy gold.

They almost got relegated. Sherwood made him a wingback before that loan.
Sherwood:

"Don't forget that Danny's only been a left-back for a few seasons. I had a chat with him probably three or four years ago and said that, in my opinion, if he was going to play at the top level in the Premier League, he needed to switch his position to play left-back. At first he was a little apprehensive but he's bought into it.
Read more at http://talksport.com/football/forge...ep-faith-rose-14050690043#5YtQDcuJvwPSUBv1.99

Siggy: Just because Arcspace and a few others constantly talk shit about me, there is no need to pile on. Arcspace has been trying to get me sin binned all week. Don't buy into him starting shitfests constantly.
sunderland always almost get relegated, i refuse to belive dRose was their problem. more like he was the solution.
i dont have anything personal against you, i try to keep myself off everybodys business here. but your argument is idiotic right now.
im not saying hes the perfect LB, but yeah, so who will we be going for January ? Alaba, would love him, wouldnt even hesitate losing dRose for him. Jordi Alba ? Coentroa ?
truth is, there are better LB 's than Rose, but they are not in our reach.
Its like saying, Paulinho is crap, lets switch him with Pogba.

sunderland always almost get relegated, i refuse to belive dRose was their problem. more like he was the solution.
i dont have anything personal against you, i try to keep myself off everybodys business here. but your argument is idiotic right now.
im not saying hes the perfect LB, but yeah, so who will we be going for January ? Alaba, would love him, wouldnt even hesitate losing dRose for him. Jordi Alba ? Coentroa ?
truth is, there are better LB 's than Rose, but they are not in our reach.
Its like saying, Paulinho is crap, lets switch him with Pogba.

I think Davies is better.

I don't think questioning the Rose as a defender is idiotic when 4th is the aim. Rose and Eriksen on the flank is asking for trouble.

I think Davies is better.

I don't think questioning the Rose as a defender is idiotic when 4th is the aim. Rose and Eriksen on the flank is asking for trouble.
nobody gonna argue about Eriksen being on the wing.
Davies might be better overall, but there is a reason why MOPO keeps Rose on the field. right now, rose is the best of the bunch.

Here's a real event - Rose was voted Sunderland's player of the season at Left Back and helped them avoid relegation

Here's another one - you don't watch Spurs games

Lol. No he wasn't.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor.../stephane-sessegnon-named-player-year-1364438

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Sunderland_Player_of_the_Year.html

:kaboullol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-shocked-and-outraged-on-twitter-9640921.html

And yes if we were a relegation team, Rose is a good player among that lot.

nobody gonna argue about Eriksen being on the wing.
Davies might be better overall, but there is a reason why MOPO keeps Rose on the field. right now, rose is the best of the bunch.

You can't really say that because we have not started anyone else at left back this season in the prem. IMO Davies has way more defensive tools in his locker and will help us avoid being too soft.

I don't think it's hard to be better than Rose frankly.

I think we were TERRIBLE in defense against Woolwich. Kaboul was bombarded so often from the wings, it was almost comical. Any other day that could have been a nightmare. You have to step back and not call that a good back 4 if he is being a titan in the middle. Lamela and Naughton cost the goal. A classic example of Naughton standing off giving his opp as much room as he wants to get his pass/cross away.

I was devastated for Kab. All that effort/brilliance undone because of our soft wings. Yet again.

Last edited:
You can't really say that because we have not started anyone else at left back this season in the prem. IMO Davies has way more defensive tools in his locker and will help us avoid being too soft.

I don't think it's hard to be better than Rose frankly.

I think we were TERRIBLE in defense against Woolwich. Kaboul was bombarded so often from the wings, it was almost comical. Any other day that could have been a nightmare. You have to step back and not call that a good back 4 if he is being a titan in the middle. Lamela and Naughton cost the goal. A classic example of Naughton standing off giving his opp as much room as he wants to get his pass/cross away.

I was devastated for Kab. All that effort/brilliance undone because of our soft wings. Yet again.
there is obviously a reason why we haven't played anybody else there.
also the fuck ? " Lamela and Naughton cost the goal." we were talking about dRose.
by any means, bitch as much as you want, but Özil, Ox, Welbeck, Alexis would make pretty much every back line look weak, but as you can see, we drew that game, and I DONT give a shit how and who defended. Defence is a unit, slagging off Rose and now Naughton is not a solution.

Back
Top Bottom