Improvements

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think us analysing this exact same point every midweek is going to drive us all completely insane before the season is over.
Spot on. Let it lie for a little while. We have absolutely, 100% improved under Poch. We are having a choppy spell right now. But we are not even at full strength & still within reach of the top 2. We've not been at our best, but we are far from turning to shit. I'm really confident we will hit a purple patch soon as players return from injury & regain match fitness.

Have we improved. Yes, we are a better team than we were under Santini, Jol and AVB. However, we are worse than we were under Harry, Sherwood, and Sir Bill. If we are comparing with last season, I would say worse, as last year we were pressing a lot more, and the players appeared to be far more interested. The simple fact is that our only chance of winning anything this year is the FA cup, and as the manager shows a total disregard and lack of respect for it, we won't win that either
are you mad?
Like our current squads, the majority of Bill Nicholsons squads were always missing 1 or 2 vital players to elevate them to title winners again. If we had gotten Haynes and Moore we might have won 3 or 4 titles in the 60's - laying a platform for top level acquisitions further into the future.
If Poch got a consistent attacking midfielder (or just a really creative one) and another Greaves/Smith (scoring standard) forward maybe we would be writing history for the club right now.

We got Sissoko and Soldado

Perhaps we should ban footballers whose name begins with S and ends in O

Last edited:
are you mad?
Like our current squads, the majority of Bill Nicholsons squads were always missing 1 or 2 vital players to elevate them to title winners again. If we had gotten Haynes and Moore we might have won 3 or 4 titles in the 60's - laying a platform for top level acquisitions further into the future.
If Poch got a consistent attacking midfielder (or just a really creative one) and another Greaves/Smith (scoring standard) forward maybe we would be writing history for the club right now.

We got Sissoko and Soldado

Perhaps we should ban footballers whose name begins with S and ends in O

Sakho?

Spot on. Let it lie for a little while. We have absolutely, 100% improved under Poch. We are having a choppy spell right now. But we are not even at full strength & still within reach of the top 2. We've not been at our best, but we are far from turning to shit. I'm really confident we will hit a purple patch soon as players return from injury & regain match fitness.

But in which way have we improved. I accept that our defense is better, but going forward we are dreadful. We are presently sitting 5th with no realistic chance of getting top four, and even if we did we would only bottle the CL, same as we have done this year. We are horrible to watch, and the manager has no concept of what a plan B is. I can understand why we aren't good enough to win the league or the CL, but can't understand why Poch has a total disrespect for the domestic trophies when in reality they are the only two things we can possibly win. His signings with exception to Wanyama have been terrible, and he lacks the passion I like to see from a manager. The reality is that he will be sacked by the summer, and strangely enough all his supporters will deny ever rating him.

Because I don't share your blindly optimistic and unrealistic opinions, I am a troll. Get a life mate !!
A guy has a name proclaiming his hatred of a former Spurs manager, which he had at the time that manager was at Spurs...and is now calling for the sacking of our current manager...

...But claims not to be a troll...

mmhm.gif

A guy has a name proclaiming his hatred of a former Spurs manager, which he had at the time that manager was at Spurs...and is now calling for the sacking of our current manager...

mmhm.gif
Yep, couldn't stand AVB either. One of the reasons I don't rate Poch is because he is a reincarnation of AVB, and even the football is boring to watch. Like AVB and Jol he has started off with a bit of luck, but now that luck is running out and many are starting to see him for what he is. All that said, I don't believe he is a bad manager, I just think he is not good enough to get the best out of the talent we have at the club. So going back the thread title (have we improved), improved against what ?

Oh, and just once more, because someone has a different opinion to you, and that opinion isn't unrealistically optimistic, doesn't make him a troll, GET IT

Yep, couldn't stand AVB either. One of the reasons I don't rate Poch is because he is a reincarnation of AVB, and even the football is boring to watch. Like AVB and Jol he has started off with a bit of luck, but now that luck is running out and many are starting to see him for what he is. All that said, I don't believe he is a bad manager, I just think he is not good enough to get the best out of the talent we have at the club. So going back the thread title (have we improved), improved against what ?

Oh, and just once more, because someone has a different opinion to you, and that opinion isn't unrealistically optimistic, doesn't make him a troll, GET IT
Calling you a troll has nothing to do with my opinion.

One of the reasons I don't rate Poch is because he is a reincarnation of AVB, and even the football is boring to watch.

Last season or this?
We have or have had, injuries in key areas namely striker and attacking midfield. Our central midfield from last year has been reshuffled and one of the best DMs in the PL is now at CB.

Do you think those players will never return to the team? Or that we will regain form? Or did you think it was all shit last season too?

So tiring when people think Lamela, Kane and Toby being out, and Dier not in the middle should have no effect on our game.

If that was the case, just sell Kane then right? I mean, if our game should be identical for the 7 weeks he was out and its only the managers fault? Why bother.....another manager will simply come in and get 30 goals from Janssen eh?

It's utter nonsense.

Players like Jan saying stuff like, "This is probably the strongest squad that I've ever played in. I can't imagine playing anywhere else", while people on the internet call us shit..
:kaneshh:

Last edited:

Welcome back Joe Cunt!

Sin bin vote cast

Don't even try to engage with me, Maggot

:dembelefingers:

mmhm.gif

Schmood you have failed in your duty!

If you use The lovely Jennifer in future pls use a pic from Horrible Bosses in her stockings!

:ledleylick:

We are now 2 points better off then we were at the same stage last season. We've scored the exact same number of goals (24) and conceded one less than last season at this stage.

We were only 4 points off top last season but that's nothing to do with us. That's because other teams round us, most notably the ones who have a lot more money and spend alot more money have improved.

Improvement!

We are now 2 points better off then we were at the same stage last season. We've scored the exact same number of goals (24) and conceded one less than last season at this stage.

We were only 4 points off top last season but that's nothing to do with us. That's because other teams round us, most notably the ones who have a lot more money and spend alot more money have improved.

Improvement!

Imagine if we had everyone fit from the start of the season.... :pochsulk:

Back
Top Bottom