If you can’t love Adebayor at his worst...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn't deserve to start againt Saints - give one of the other strikers a chance to prove themselves - this joker has been given a carte blanche for 6 games now - equal opportunities for all players, please. He's done as far as motivation goes for 'us' by the looks of things.

If we can swap him for Bony or Kiessling in January - not even a argument, imv

One thing I'll pick out that's not a fair comment:

Soldado has two in twenty league games. How many of those has he started and how many a late substitute?

Adebayor has only four in the last eighteen league games, starting pretty much every single one.

Would like to see Ade benched against Soton this weekend.

I think he should be given two weeks out to heal up. Not even on the bench.

Then be put straight back in. If Kane does well in his absence, play both and drop whoevers form is slipping.

One of his legs were strapped up so that muscle or joint is obviously holding him back.

The lazy aspect is bullshit and lazy journalism. Before his drop In form he was all over the place, chasing down gk's etc and being involved in many goals buildup. Then at the end on one game he was prone on the ground for a long time behore bring subbed.

He came back and was sluggish with one leg heavily strapped. It's a shame it happened because with him in the team is perfect for our young players because he helps in most aspects.

The trouble is, Poch just said he believes in Ade to score goals yesterday vs Beskitas. So it sounds like he's a bit of a Harry and will play people until the wheels fall off.

IMO we only have 2 strikers that suit our shape. Soldado is better suited in a (I just had a long think and unfortunately the answer IMO is in a different slower league).

So Soldado has to be our European option IMO. I think he needs to be in a 4 3 3. He can't lead a line, he's not target man that can hold it up or get on crosses so he has to be in the mix IMO.

Last edited:
Great article.

Ade is by far the best striker we have and IMO is clearly playing with a strain.

Well if he is injured play Kane, Kane given last few games of season, pre-season, the is season at least seems to be finding the net (admittley once or twice our net) but given the situation Kane derserves more than Ade or Soldado a chance to shine.

On current form, i think Soldado is better. 6 goals in 8 european games is a great return, seems harsh to judge him by league form when he rarely starts and hasnt had a run of games.

For whatever reason, Adebayor hasnt been up to it this season. He's been muscled off the ball in the box countless times, taking time/touches when a quick shot would have probably got us a goal.

I wish i could "love" Adebayor for *that* game against Chelsea, unfortunately that was a rare occasion... im far more used to him dropping deep and giving the ball in away in the opponents area.

On current form, i think Soldado is better. 6 goals in 8 european games is a great return, seems harsh to judge him by league form when he rarely starts and hasnt had a run of games.

For whatever reason, Adebayor hasnt been up to it this season. He's been muscled off the ball in the box countless times, taking time/touches when a quick shot would have probably got us a goal.

I wish i could "love" Adebayor for *that* game against Chelsea, unfortunately that was a rare occasion... im far more used to him dropping deep and giving the ball in away in the opponents area.

If you don't like people being muscled off the ball in the box, and not taking enough shots etc, why would you recommend Soldado who is weaker in these specific areas? And it's not like Soldado was not given a run in the prem or a fair chance. Half of the games Ade has played in the prem he's been involved in goals this season.

This is a very short period for Ade form wise to write him off.

4938848170_chriscrocker_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

LEAVE ADEBAYOR ALONE

I like Ade, he seems a fun guy, loved it when he wound up the gooners, seems to make the players around him laugh in training etc. But the performances over the past few games have been unacceptable, whether you believe him to be injured or just in one of his lazy funks, he needs to be dropped for the next couple of games.

Whether the players coming in are better than him or not is debatable, but you know with them they will put in a shift. It may even motivate him to fight for his place back in the team, we may then see genuine effort and competition for that striking role.

Edit - Looks like Pochettino is taking the softly-softly approach with Ade....

"I believe in Emmanuel Adebayor," Pochettino, 42, said.
"We know a striker may find it difficult to score during some periods, but he has made a lot of effort for the team."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom