Iago Falque – From the bench at White Hart Lane to the Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy with the signing. Always thought he had a bit of something. Not too bad of a career when you've been signed by Barcelona, Juventus, Tottenham and Roma.

I just remember this being one of our most random deals of late...

We sign the player out of nowhere on loan, doesn't play a single game for us, but then we sign him permanently at the end of the season. Continues to not feature for us, send him out on loan a few times, sell him for around £5m to Genoa a few years later...

It's almost like the career of young Chelsea players bought just to sell later for a profit! :levystare:

it's not that he wasn't good enough but never really given a chance,there were many times this season eriksen, lamela ,townsend and chadli to a lesser degree could have been subbed in favour of a pacy youth player

“My path was blocked by (Gareth) Bale. It was tough to get any game time with such a great player standing in my way.”
Fair enough...
At the time he would also have been competing with the likes of Aaron Lennon, Gylfi Sigurðsson, Clint Dempsey and Lewis Holtby, so it’s really no wonder Falque struggled to make an impact.
...hang on, you telling me these were who stood in his way? Fook me!!!
:dempsey::holtbytongue::lennon:

:gylfi:...OK, Gylfi maybe, but we should never have let him go back to Swansea IMHO!

With none of them at the club any more, there was room for Falque after all!!!

Back
Top Bottom