Iago Falqué

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The kid is a product of Spain and every time I have seen him play he has looked good. He has skill and flare which is great however he just can't crack the bench. Better than Livermore, so what is holding him back? P.s didn't like him Talking up the Bale for madrid topic...maybe he is trying to get a crack by freeing up his competition lol

Livermore is a different position Falque is more of a winger from what I've seen of him. Although good I have a hunch that Ceballos is far more likely to get extended use in the first team. Just have to look at who he has to get ahead of to play in Sigurdsson, Townsend and Chadli. At 23 I can't see it happening with us now

I'm hoping he gets a run of games, at least cup games or off the bench when we're comfortable. I think he's worth a shot and if we play 4-2-3-1 there should be some opportunity for him.

Surely he is good for a bench spot? Livermore has sandro, dembele, holtby, paulinho, Parker, huddlestone etcetera to compete with. Yes, I know they may not all be there next year however atm they are ahead of him and he still hss a bench spot over falque who I feel offers more for us. We are going to lose quality, you only have to look at dos santos

Have never rated him. Seemed a really random signing at the time and can't see how he'd improve the current squad. Reckon he was bought with a profitable sale in mind and nothing else.

So he's been loaned out again, this time to a better Spanish club. This is good news for the player, but I was kinda hoping we'd give this guy a shot on the LW in some cup games to see what he can do.

So he's been loaned out again, this time to a better Spanish club. This is good news for the player, but I was kinda hoping we'd give this guy a shot on the LW in some cup games to see what he can do.

He's gotten a loan to a club that finished 8th in La Liga last season, not bad going. He's still 23, even if he doesn't make it at Spurs he'll be worth a transfer fee which will likely be more than what we paid for him, especially if he performs well in La Liga. Right now he's where Giovanni Dos Santos was with us, without the international performances and we made a decent amount back from him considering.

He's gotten a loan to a club that finished 8th in La Liga last season, not bad going. He's still 23, even if he doesn't make it at Spurs he'll be worth a transfer fee which will likely be more than what we paid for him, especially if he performs well in La Liga. Right now he's where Giovanni Dos Santos was with us, without the international performances and we made a decent amount back from him considering.

I agree, this is good for all parties concerned. I think Chadli's decent, but not quite sold on him yet and think it was worth having a look at Falque before the window ended. Oh well, maybe he'll set La Liga alight and come back and compete next year or we'll get a good fee for him. Good luck to the guy. Score plenty of goals on Real Madrid for us, bud.

I agree, this is good for all parties concerned. I think Chadli's decent, but not quite sold on him yet and think it was worth having a look at Falque before the window ended. Oh well, maybe he'll set La Liga alight and come back and compete next year or we'll get a good fee for him. Good luck to the guy. Score plenty of goals on Real Madrid for us, bud.

Indeed. Naughton came back from his Norwich loan last season at the age of 23 and has been a squad player. Rose came back at the age of 23 and looks like getting an extended run in the first team. If Falque can come back next season and do the same we haven't done badly.

I think this is a good system we have, I know a lot of people just look at the player's age and made judgments just from that (e.g. Dawkins, Obika) and others see failed loans and make judgments on that (e.g. Carroll, Kane) but the club at least base their decisions on factors that matter, i.e. ability and potential.

How much money do you reckon a player like him would be on each week? Was just wondering about that for the likes of Falque

Back
Top Bottom