Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always very, very difficult to gage appropriate response needed from players and also what is or isn't being said. I was screaming at the telly for both goals, I'm a happy clapper and rarely lose my shit, but even I lost it. Is it good when a player does this, or do you want calm heads and encouragement. (When we played Chavs at The Lane this season, Costa was screaming at Pedro. We all took that as an opportunity to mock them for arguing with each other, whole ground laughing at them. But, for me I think Costa was absolutely spot on at digging out Pedro at the time, or was he? Given how we all mocked them arguing, in hindsight probably better they didn't say anything).

I think there is a difference between negative public displays of emotion and the positive "come on, switch on for fuck sake!" that i think we needed on Saturday.

We have a tight squad of players who (the media machine would have you believe) genuinely care for each other. I think when you see players taking shots at each other and receiving criticism badly it normally suggests some level of disharmony going on behind the scenes.

Personally i dont really care how that sort of behaviour is received by the opposition. They'll always find some bullshit to mock us for. A good example is when Gallas did that ridiculous sit down protest at St Andrews. He got mocked royally, but i thought he was spot on because at least he showed that he gave a shit.

Always very, very difficult to gage appropriate response needed from players and also what is or isn't being said. I was screaming at the telly for both goals, I'm a happy clapper and rarely lose my shit, but even I lost it. Is it good when a player does this, or do you want calm heads and encouragement. (When we played Chavs at The Lane this season, Costa was screaming at Pedro. We all took that as an opportunity to mock them for arguing with each other, whole ground laughing at them. But, for me I think Costa was absolutely spot on at digging out Pedro at the time, or was he? Given how we all mocked them arguing, in hindsight probably better they didn't say anything).

See some of the twitter brigade are moaning about Lloris' comments saying it's a lazy excuse and having a GK as captain is a waste of time as they cannot influence from their position. Personally I think Lloris is an excellent captain, he's older, experienced and quite thoughtful and eloquent. I don't think any of our front five are currently captain material as they're so young.

See some of the twitter brigade are moaning about Lloris' comments saying it's a lazy excuse and having a GK as captain is a waste of time as they cannot influence from their position. Personally I think Lloris is an excellent captain, he's older, experienced and quite thoughtful and eloquent. I don't think any of our front five are currently captain material as they're so young.
There is no doubt in my mind he is 100% right for Captain. He is our only World Class player, a player with experience, and respected around the World. French number one too, who is so highly rated by Deschamps (one of the world best Captain's in his own right too) that he helps pick the team with him.

For those talking about impossible to influence a game from keeper position they are talking out of their backsides. This isn't Hackney Marshes where you can hear the players on the pitch next to you. I have played a handful of games in front of a crowd averaging 2k-5k people, I couldn't hear the bloke 20ft away me let alone behind or further up the pitch. Good knows what it's like in a full stadium. Performing your job without fear, being first to tackles and challenges, backing-up your mates after they have been fouled or are in a handbags moment, taking responsibility define a Captain.

Poch was Captain for much of his career as well as Deschamps, but what the fuck do they know? Spurs Twitter knows best.

Same journo that pissed Lamela off with the "his dog has died and he's gone into a black hole of depression because of it" article.
Isn't it the the same one who said Poch is demanding money from Levy this summer to buy Andre GrAy, Zaha and barlkley?
Saying that if Levy wants us to keep punching above our weight we must spend?
We would not " keep punching above our weight ' if we we're spending as much as everyone else.
Funny because Poch stated that we would have to be patient, to be wise with our purchases because we haven't got the spending power of most , with what's going on, only about 2 weeks ago.

Isn't it the the same one who said Poch is demanding money from Levy this summer to buy Andre GrAy, Zaha and barlkley?
Saying that if Levy wants us to keep punching above our weight we must spend?
We would not " keep punching above our weight ' if we we're spending as much as everyone else.
Funny because Poch stated that we would have to be patient, to be wise with our purchases because we haven't got the spending power of most , with what's going on, only about 2 weeks ago.

Same guy indeed. Matt Law.

He seems like a bit of a chancer. First he's first called out by Windy on twitter for the sensationalist headline, and then says "I'm not in charge of headlines". Then he's called out by Lamela himself but just acts as if nothing is happening.

I'm not really sure how much access these journalists actually have. Some do, some make it up as they go I fear. I'm not sure which category he falls into but the Lamela thing was pretty dubious.

Someone like Lyall Thomas seems like an absolute make-stuff-up artist to me. Last summer he tweeted something along the lines of "Son is not happening. It's a non-story and there's been no contact". A day later he has signed and the tweet has disappeared.

He also said Alderweireld was nailed on for Southampton and then deleted the tweet when he signed for us.

Oh dear indeed.

What an idiot.

dance-with-laugh-gif.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom