Home Vs Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I have just been at the game today and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, as was amongst fans who support our team and did not moan or complain even if after 30 mins it went flat for a while, it made a real difference, loads of chanting in the top tier of the Ellis stand, stewards and police were great let us do what we wanted - only the smoke bomb was a bit stupid but don't worry about that

10 of our players got a personal chant, huge backing for Soldado and Andros which they responded to, "I hate Sol but I love Soldado" the new gold standard - great new chant, sadly have to fly back to Chicago tomorrow (don't worry Flav I am English!!) but won't miss the lack of atmosphere that is bound to be at the next home game where the moaning majority will be drowned out by away fans, leaving J block and South stand the only positive people in the ground surrounded by negativity - for no reason.

The best bit is these people would have remembered 1996-2003 where we were complete gash, so the expectancy from these mainly senior members of the spurs faithful is a bit strange

My last away game I flew back for was to be in the goal behind Jussi when Bale scored, there was no negativity then either - at 2-1 down, so maybe the home fans, the tourists and those sitting on season tickets can learn from those who travel and sing their hearts out

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!

10 of our players got a personal chant, huge backing for Soldado and Andros which they responded to, "I hate Sol but I love Soldado" the new gold standard - great new chant...

The best bit is these people would have remembered 1996-2003 where we were complete gash, so the expectancy from these mainly senior members of the spurs faithful is a bit strange

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!

I'm trying to work out the one who didn't... Chriches perhaps??

I'm trying to work out the one who didn't... Chriches perhaps??

I was fortunate enough to be stood where most of the chants were starting; which I wasn't expecting when I saw I was upper tier. I don't remember 10 players having their songs sung, but off of the top of my head I remember Lennon, Holtby, Sandro, Townsend, Soldado, Vertonghen, Defoe plus Freund and AVB.

Well I have just been at the game today and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, as was amongst fans who support our team and did not moan or complain even if after 30 mins it went flat for a while, it made a real difference, loads of chanting in the top tier of the Ellis stand, stewards and police were great let us do what we wanted - only the smoke bomb was a bit stupid but don't worry about that

10 of our players got a personal chant, huge backing for Soldado and Andros which they responded to, "I hate Sol but I love Soldado" the new gold standard - great new chant, sadly have to fly back to Chicago tomorrow (don't worry Flav I am English!!) but won't miss the lack of atmosphere that is bound to be at the next home game where the moaning majority will be drowned out by away fans, leaving J block and South stand the only positive people in the ground surrounded by negativity - for no reason.

My last away game I flew back for was to be in the goal behind Jussi when Bale scored, there was no negativity then either - at 2-1 down, so maybe the home fans, the tourists and those sitting on season tickets can learn from those who travel and sing their hearts out

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!

Nice post mate. Ignore Tard.

don't go inside the lane anymore but still do a few awaydays & especially euro awaydays when possible.
still get a bit of atmosphere away from home & its good to see some gents of old but becoming few & far
between.
the restrictions in place & the pc bollocks have put paid to anything resembling an atmosphere now.
fair play to those that try now.. imho being told to sit down cause the tosser behind you's girlfriend cant see
or some Chinese bloke wearing the full kit taking 10.000 photo's don't help!.

Anyway. I've seen spurs away a lot and have always had a better day out. Probably cos I tend to stay over and get out.

Sunderland is a great annual fixture for me.

Personally thought there was a bit of negativity yesterday but could have just been where I stood, atmosphere was also very flat at times.
Much improved after we scored the second but I've been to far better away games.

Home games are already a chore, I don't want to be dreading atmospheres away from home aswell.

I was fortunate enough to be stood where most of the chants were starting; which I wasn't expecting when I saw I was upper tier. I don't remember 10 players having their songs sung, but off of the top of my head I remember Lennon, Holtby, Sandro, Townsend, Soldado, Vertonghen, Defoe plus Freund and AVB.

Yeah I was top tier too, was great, Dembele had a small shout, Paulinho v Mourinho one and of course I always count KING! was very enjoyable

Home games are really not worth my money anymore. I prefer to save up for a European away game, which is 10x the fun of going to a home game IMO

Nail on head as to why the atmosphere is shit at home.

Ive said it all along that this middle class, new fan thing due to high prices freezing out loud fans is a total myth.

The fact is, that most vocal fans prefer away days. Is it cheaper to go away? Costs alot more imo...

Nail on head as to why the atmosphere is shit at home.

Ive said it all along that this middle class, new fan thing due to high prices freezing out loud fans is a total myth.

The fact is, that most vocal fans prefer away days. Is it cheaper to go away? Costs alot more imo...
It's a combination of things IMO, not just that the more vocal fans want to go to away games. At away games there is less of you, and you are generally more concentrated together so there is a grater chance of getting things going. Generally, people will travel and stand together in groups as there is a greater distance to cover. There's loads of other factors to think about, but I agree that many people are more 'up' for away games because the stewarding is pretty much non-existent due to the amount of people that want to stand up and sing etc

Back
Top Bottom