Heung-Min Son: Impactful and influential

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he had a very mixed game on Saturday - scored his two most difficult chances.....if he'd scored the easier ones instead we'd have won much more comfortably.

Thought he had a very mixed game on Saturday - scored his two most difficult chances.....if he'd scored the easier ones instead we'd have won much more comfortably.
He was a menace though, never ever stopped running, always carries a threat. He took many shots, I do believe (no proof just gut instinct) that it's an instruction from Poch as Kane does exactly the same. There are passing options open to both that both don't spot or take, they both shoot on sight. A policy that actually pays off it has to be said.

He was a menace though, never ever stopped running, always carries a threat. He took many shots, I do believe (no proof just gut instinct) that it's an instruction from Poch as Kane does exactly the same. There are passing options open to both that both don't spot or take, they both shoot on sight. A policy that actually pays off it has to be said.

I don't have an issue with the frequency of his shots - just that he blazes a fair number of them over the bar.

He, like a lot of players, could learn from watching Frank Lampard's goal reel back.....just shoot low down the middle of the goal every time, you end up scoring the ones you slightly mishit or that get deflected....

I don't have an issue with the frequency of his shots - just that he blazes a fair number of them over the bar.

He, like a lot of players, could learn from watching Frank Lampard's goal reel back.....just shoot low down the middle of the goal every time, you end up scoring the ones you slightly mishit or that get deflected....

His goal scoring record in Germany suggests that he will do just fine. Shooting low down the middle is only really effective when running through the middle, not cutting in. Plus he has proven countless times that he is capable of finding the top corner of the goal. Any professional player who tries to hit it at the keeper and hoping it is mishit or deflected should be nowhere near our squad. At our level we need players capable of putting the ball out of a keepers reach.

His goal scoring record in Germany suggests that he will do just fine. Shooting low down the middle is only really effective when running through the middle, not cutting in. Plus he has proven countless times that he is capable of finding the top corner of the goal. Any professional player who tries to hit it at the keeper and hoping it is mishit or deflected should be nowhere near our squad. At our level we need players capable of putting the ball out of a keepers reach.
Most of Son's goals are crackers and out of keeper's reach. He is our Super Sub and should be the first person on the team list when it comes to FA Cup and Europa as don't see a better goal option on our reserve team.

The only way he could be said to have been impactful and influential yesterday was in the sense that an enema has an impact and influence on your stomach

Last edited:
Frustrating. , glimpses of magic but usually wasteful . Not an improvement on the first 11 but
More effective as an impact player .
I agree completely with this. He should be the first off the bench on PL games and a starter only on the FA Cup and Europa league. He does however have a nose for a goal or two in any matches so I have no reservation in starting on few games as well where the opposition decides to park the bus.

Back
Top Bottom