Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I explained it in one of my first posts, but countless celebs/athletes have learned the hard way that this is not an option. They will be blacklisted and effectively exiled.

Yeah he could still earn loads of cash in England, but imagine never being able to go 'home.' Plus 'dishonor on the family' and all that.

Yeah I read up on it after i posted that. Didn't realise how much of a cultural taboo not doing service was

I remember someone saying a few months back that Son will come good and we should trust him...

Oh wait, that was me!
7wxNAH2.gif

Hello fellow Korean. PS(P.S.) = postscript which is just an addition to the end of a letter or forum post in this case.

So happy to see Son turn it around. I said a little while back that he always takes off in his second year but I never could have imagined anything like this! Can't wait for Sunday morning against Man City.

Thank you very much.
So, I give you thanks gift.
Son will score 2 goals on Oct.2nd against Man City.
This is top secret, for your eyes only !!!

Last edited:
Although he didn't get to score yet another goal today, Son looked absolutely threatening to the City's defense today. It looked like Guardiola assigned Stones to mark Son throughout the entire game. The way Son pressed the City's defense - especially, when Bravo had the ball - made my palms sweat. If I were a City fan, I would hate to see this guy coming at our defense with full speed. His pass to Alli just ripped Pep's defense. Their defensive players just stood their as Alli easily put the ball passed Bravo.
There were some good chances for Son, and some dispute between Son and Lamela. It sounds like Poch will have a talk with those two about their conflict. But, I will take 2:0 and 3 points any day!

Thought at times he probably could have been a lot more direct. Seemed to go back on himself a bit at times or turning into trouble but thought he was brilliant leading the line and really made me eat my words and Poch's decision to start him there.

His pace was a constant threat and it ALWAYS gave us the option to knock it along over Citys high defence knowing his pace would cause their defence problems. Not surprised he wanted the penalty because his hard work deserved a goal but I also think he'll be happy with his brilliant assist for the ultimate winner.

Thought at times he probably could have been a lot more direct. Seemed to go back on himself a bit at times or turning into trouble but thought he was brilliant leading the line and really made me eat my words and Poch's decision to start him there.

His pace was a constant threat and it ALWAYS gave us the option to knock it along over Citys high defence knowing his pace would cause their defence problems. Not surprised he wanted the penalty because his hard work deserved a goal but I also think he'll be happy with his brilliant assist for the ultimate winner.
I've just watched the first half again, what a pass that was. Didn't appreciate it when I was there as everything at that point was frantic. One of the best assists you will see, the reason I say this is because it was so frantic, how you can go from manic to delicate in a couple of seconds when adrenaline is pumping is a mighty thing to do. Beautiful pass, with perfect weight.

I would say the best improvement from last season is his confidence.
With that he is willing to go direct at the defenders, his vision has widened, passwork, ball touches
and off the ball movements have significantly improved.
He also played well in the striker position yesterday keeping hold of the ball during long ball counters
and pressing high up the pitch which is probably what Poch asked for.
Anyways he is now playing worthy of his transfer fee.
Good lad.

Back
Top Bottom